birth control...oh how I hate thinking about you

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive already had a talk with Eric that Im done after this baby...actually I freaked out first that I was gonna be 30 in 5 years, and then after Athena was in the ER for a urinary tract infection and I thought it over for a while I felt I was happy with 2. Anyway, I started out figuring Im gonna make him get snipped and then the idea of it started to freak me out. So I am completely lost on what birth control I will use. Ive had the IUD before and it was a nightmare so thats not an option for me. The pill messed with my moods and I had a hard time remembering it the same time everyday. As for condoms, theyve never failed me before but I dont trust us to be consistant with them lol. Anyone else having problems deciding or are you already set on what you will use? Im not a fan of surgery at all and I need something that wont abort the baby or cause an ectopic pregnancy if it were to occur. I just dont want that to be something I am always worrying about. The pill isnt completely out of the question its just not super high on my choice list either.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
June 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will go back to the Nuvaring after the baby comes - I have been on it for the better part of 8 years, and love it. I never have any problems with it, and don't have to remember to take a pill every day!
June 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I both considered getting snipped, but I just can't do it. It's too final. I think in a couple years one of us will get snipped, but for now we will just use condoms.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like DH to get snipped, I'm totally done 3 is our limit and I feel more then happy at that. But DH is a whimp and won't go get it done, so I guess its condoms for us, because I don't do well on anything else.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 5th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh is getting snipped!
June 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is getting snipped and until he does we will use condoms.
June 5th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Julie
What about the Depo prover a injections? I think you can only be on it for a certain amount of time though...not sure. I want SO to get snipped.

June 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah thats the other thing. I need to be able to stay on whatever bc I go with if I decide it works for me.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
June 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Veteran
haha i was actually thinking about one more soon after this one. but then i should be good with 3.
i know i'm older and i never planned on having kids after 30 but everything happens for a reason, right? if it happens again it happens, if not then it's all good too.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
June 5th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll go back to condoms. If we are sure we are done in a few years, dh will probably get snipped.
June 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll do condoms until dh gets the snip. We did pull and pray for 9 months and didn't get pregnant so I'm not too worried.

June 5th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is getting the snip.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 5th, 2013, 07:50 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have used natural family planning in the past, and this is supposed to be our last baby but I worry too. I will not get another surgery (didn't want the first two, one emergency c-section, one ectopic pregnancy). I HATED how the pill made me crazy and it was a low dose, plus I really don't like the idea of making my womb a bad place for a potential baby to implant, it just doesn't settle well in my heart.
DH considered getting snipped but we've done our research and decided that the risks with it outweighed the benefit for us...
that all being said I'd like to say we'd be safe using NFP again, but every time I have a kid my body goes wackado and takes forever to get back to normal, and after my ectopic loss it didn't go back to normal... it had been a year before I got pregnant with this one and I was still often guessing as to when AF was going to show.
Personally I wouldn't mind just putting all my trust in God and saying he can plan my family and how big it will be, however God also calls me to be submissive to my husband and that means to support his dreams and his dreams didn't really include 1 kid let alone 3, and we agree'd on 3... so now that we've got that I need to hold up my end of a fabulous bargain and try to keep our family size consistant with my DH's desires.... (which I'm not opposed to, but have no idea how to go about doing)....
so yeah.. I don't know...
oh and did I mention I HATE condoms? I'll put up with them though.

June 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
DH was going to be snipped, but that can fail so I want it done to me. If I have a cesarean for any reason, my OBGYN agreed to remove the entirety of my tubes. No snip. Whole tube gone! If I have a vaginal birth, I am going back in 6 weeks to get a partial hysterectomy. Keep the ovaries. No more tampons again ever!
June 6th, 2013, 04:20 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I can't take hormonal birth control. Last time I tried it I ended up in the hospital. It wasn't pretty at all. My doctor won't even think of prescribing it to me again. We tried NFP and condoms, but as you see I am now due in October, lol. I guess I ovulated later than I usually do back in January. All of my mucous signs, temps, moods, etc all led us to believe that I had O'd a week before we had sex, but apparently that wasn't the case. We even used a condom that time just in case, but that seemed to fail too. I think I am going to get a tubal done after this baby is born. I am going to be 36 years old in August, and I will have 4 kids. I know that we are done.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 6th, 2013, 06:14 AM
karmaissotrue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to karmaissotrue Send a message via Yahoo to karmaissotrue
We've already agreed DH will be getting a "V" ... No more BC for me

THANKS SO MUCH KILIKI FOR THE WONDERFUL SIGGY
June 6th, 2013, 10:39 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how you ladies do it with condoms! I hate hate hate them with a passion. We used vcf last time...and then actually just pull out after sawyer was born. We used it successfully for over a yea, so I'm guessing we'll gotha method again. We are OT done yet though, so an oops wouldn't be a big deal!

June 6th, 2013, 11:08 AM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We'll use condoms. I can't do any type of hormonal birth control - I turn into such a physco, lose my sex drive and there ends up being no need for it because I'm a b!tch that doesn't like to have sex. Plus I'm pretty sure I had birth control caused a chemical a few years back, not going to risk that again. Not a fan of condoms but they are the most effective for us.
June 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dh is getting snipped but unlike Spyctre I am secretly hoping it fails

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 6th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I seriously don't know! We are done with kids too. I have never taken hormonal birth control ever. Just don't like the idea of them...we have only done condoms...and although they have always worked...they are not a permanent solution plus who really 'likes' them?? DH has always been ok with getting snipped as he knows his dad did it and that somehow makes him feel safe doing it, although my research points to some worrisome side effects...I don't want to get snipped or use Copper T etc. either for various reasons. Like I said...I really don't know....:/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search