Guest Bedroom paint ideas - X posted

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 2 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By QL1516

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought our house two years back and we still haven't freaking painted it. Now my nesting urge is driving me nuts when I look at all the things that need to be done around the house. Things that seemed like optional stuff we could get around to sometime in the uncertain future now suddenly seem like, its no longer an option, it just needs to be done right this minute. So far DD's room has been painted (we did that as soon as we moved in), the Family room is painted( last summer) The rest of the house is a stark (now turning dirty) white. Here is the list of rooms that need painting:

guest bedroom
guest bath
Master bedroom ( cathedral ceiling)
Master bath and closet
Office
Loft/Entertainment area
Foyer, living area
Kitchen
Stairway (high ceiling at the landing etc)
Hallway that connects bedroom to Loft area.

I somehow begged and convinced my DH (who was very reluctant) to get the guest bedroom painted this weekend yay!! I need color ideas ladies.

Everywhere I look, I am seeing shades of gray and beige which I really dont care for. I want to paint the loft and hallways grey I also want the office a muted blue as that room gets too hot and has way too much sunlight and I want to cool it down a bit at least visually...I am leaning towards a shade of olive or light green for the master bedroom and a popping orange for the Kitchen (our cabinets and appliances are white). That leaves me with the guest bedroom....can you girls throw some ideas my way? A nice pleasant color that is not too odd. When we sell I am hoping the buyers will find the paint colors acceptable as is. I therefore do not want anything too odd or bold. Please ladies I need help...I have just a few more hours before we head to the store to buy samples/paint.

June 6th, 2013, 12:06 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is the color that we just painted our master bedroom - it's called "Sea Life" by Benjamin Moore - it's a purple-gray color, and it is BEAUTIFUL in person! It really pops against white trim, but isn't overly bold or obnoxious.

Purple Bathroom Ideas - Glamorous Purple Bathroom - Paint Color Schemes
Anitha and QL1516 like this.
June 6th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you Jennyrae. That does look beautiful. However...I have reserved any shade of grey for the entertainment area & therefore wouldn't be able to use something like this for one of the rooms

June 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
This is my new favorite paint color, called rainwashed by Sherwin Williams. I'll be using it in the nursery and possibly in a few other rooms!

House of Turquoise: Beloved Rainwashed
Anitha and jennyrae03 like this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

June 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Julie
I am on my phone and can't post a link, but check out Warm Fog by I think Valspar, not sure of the brand though

OR it might be Benjamin Moore
Anitha likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nicole, that one is beautiful! I love that!
June 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Jenny, that color is beautiful!! And Nicole I LOVE,LOVE that color! When we buy next year that's the color I want for our bedroom.
June 6th, 2013, 01:28 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you need to go to the store and grab paint chips that strike your fancy. Tape them to the wall so you can see what it looks like in shade and sun light. My master bedroom color changes from a pinkish gray to a purple to a brownish gray throughout the day.
(you can actually see my room here, And I’m back! | Mrs. Pea's Perspectives)

In my guest bedroom and hallway is a lovely shade of beigish/tan. We also have a lot of white wainscoting so that breaks it up.

Nicole, I may just steal that Rainwater to put into my guest bath!! That's really stunning!
Anitha likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Leah
Jenny, that shade of purple is what I've been dying to use for ages. Even the outside of my house, maybe a tiny tad more gray. I adore it.

My house isn't too sale/other friendly; I've got a blue tinged with purple in the living room (I think of it as a French/coffee shop feminine blue) and my master bath and bedroom are a super dark blue-gray, though I want to change it to an off-black to have whites and greens pop... SO has beige, beige, gray, gray, gray. I know emerald is a trendy color, but not to resale friendly. I'd get your chips from the colors for the other rooms and go from there, so all the colors flow room to room.

Pics afterwards!
Anitha likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search