OT - I'm a grandma! Funny cat story.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By soul_donut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So we live on a farm, and I thought that it would be a great idea to have a farm cat. Well I have had a few farm cats over the past couple years and they typically either run away or get run over

Last October I brought home two kittens from my sister's in-laws (the kitties are brother and sister). Not even three weeks after I bring them home, my husband accidentally hit the boy kitty with his truck. It's pelvis was broken and I was so worried we would have to put it down. Amazingly, boy-kitty (we shall call him Meowzer) made a complete recovery.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I came home from work one day and Joel says to me "What are you going to do with all your cats?" I was like "what are you talking about, crazy man? We only have two!" Needless to say, Meowzer got girl-kitty pregnant. Ewww kitty incest.

She started getting super fat about 2 weeks ago. Then last week she just disappeared. We couldn't find her anywhere! We thought for sure she had run away, or had gone to hide somewhere to have her kittens. Well yesterday, Joel and his hired man went down to the lower shed on our property to get some equipment out, and there was Pregna-kitty! She had gotten herself locked in the shed for a week!! She is so thin and frail - I felt so bad for her and was worried that her kittens may have died from her not having food.

This morning and all afternoon she was super lovey and snuggly, and wanted to be touched. I went in the garage where the cats sleep at about 1:30, and she was laying on the dog pillow just snoozing away. I went back out to the garage twenty minutes later and she was in the dog house. I stuck my head in there to see what she was doing.

SHE WAS BIRTHING KITTENS! My husband just texted me and said she ended up having SIX kittens! Two orange, two white, and two black ones - one of the black kitties didn't make it.

I just am amused by this whole situation! Pregna-kitty just wanted to be knocked up like me, I guess So now I'm a grandma!

PS...yes, this is a really lame story. I apologize
June 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Julie
It's not lame! I love it-and I love how the kitties colors are halloweeny-black and orange! Too bad one of them didn't make it. I love kittens. I found two some years ago in the woods behind our house and I named them Domino and Oreo since they were black and white. Then their mama showed up and I let her take them.

June 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Aw, kittens! Cats seem to get themselves in so many odd situations, don't they? That's why we don't let ours out unsupervised - even with supervision they do dumb crap. Congrats grandma POST PICS OF KITTENS K THX
jennyrae03 likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Melissa, I will tomorrow. I'm at work tonight until 3am (puke!). I put my boy kitty outside so that he wouldn't eat the babies - I've heard they do that. (Do they really do that?!)
June 7th, 2013, 07:14 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
in my worst nightmares they do!! eek
June 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe, I can't wait to see pictures!! That'll be so fun to have kittens around for a little while.

June 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I tried to take a picture today, but she has them tucked clear in the back of one of those big plastic doghouses, all nestled up in the towels I had put in there. It's dark towards the back, and I didn't want to blind them with my flash! They sure are little cuties!

I just hope she takes care of them...this is her first litter and so far she kind of seems like she doesn't know what to do with them! I had to coax her back towards them earlier when they were whimpering and wanting fed.
June 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I grew up on a farm and it was fun when our cat would have kittens! But I always had my heart broken when the day would come to give them away.

We have an orange and white one named Oliver. We adopted him from a farm 6 years ago
June 9th, 2013, 12:59 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Congrats Kitty Granny!

June 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
So last night when I came home, two of the kittens were dead. She wasn't feeding them or keeping them warm. I heated up a "heating pad" made out of wet paper towls inside of a baggie and put the remaining kittens on there so they would at least be warm. This morning when I woke up, two more had died. There was just one left, and I tried forcing the mama cat to nurse, but the second the baby started nursing, mama cat got up and ran away. I fed the baby with a syringe and just some milk from the house since I don't have any kitten milk supplement. My husband had left the garage door open while taking some stuff outside. We came back, and mama cat, kitten, and boy cat were all gone. Now the two adults are back and baby is gone.

What a terrible mother! No more kitties
June 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Awe! That is sad

June 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no!! Poor kitties!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
June 9th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Eek, how terrible! Poor kitty didn't know what to do.
June 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry to hear that

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search