OT Vent- Nail Infection UGH

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
On Sunday we took our son to a local lake that has a beachy area to swim. I was walking around in the water in that gross mud that your feet sink in and I know my feet got dirty. Of course I came home and showered, but I noticed later that night that the inside edge of my big toe was sore. Over the last few days it has gotten way worse and is now a full blown infection! This is probably TMI so be warned.. but I took my son swimming today and after being in that chlorine I got out and noticed it was oozing pus (gross I know). I came home and soaked it in Epsom salt but it is so painful now that I have to limp when I walk and sleep with it outside of the covers because the blanket touching it hurts! I don't know if it is an ingrown toenail or an infection from something in the water but if it doesn't go away soon I will have to go have it checked out by a doctor. I am worried about the infection spreading into my bloodstream. Of course I googled it and found horror stories of pregnant women having nails removed without pain meds while pregnant and now I am freaked out! Anyone have any ideas of things I could try to kick this on my own? I am going to soak it again and then clean with peroxide but thats about all I know to do.
June 13th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Julie
I think you should just to to a podiatrist, I'm sure they can help you out. a regular doctor may have to send you to one anyway, so just go strsight to the foot doc. Good luck!

June 13th, 2013, 04:02 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Think you should get it looked at! Hope it gets better soon!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 13th, 2013, 04:06 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I agree, definitely a good idea to have it looked at. Infections can be dangerous, especially while pregnant.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 13th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd go get it looked at too. Not worth the risk!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search