Belly button hernia >:(

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone else have a belly button hernia?
I got one during one of my last pregnancies, not sure which one, but I remember occassionally after my daughter was born it hurt, but not often. The doctor told me if it wasn't painful to leave it alone and that is what I did, but now my uterus is pressing on it and last week I think the muscle tore some more around it. Today for no reason at all it just hurts really bad, like I'm not doing a thing right now and it hurts.

June 16th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Ouch! No, but I was just commenting how my belly button is starting to resemble a hernia. I think it's mostly scar tissue from a previous surgery there. It's a little tender, not like the rest of my belly button.
June 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No experience. I'm sorry it hurts.
June 16th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Julie
Not me, sorry you're having pain.

June 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Spyctre- it could be a start of one, especially if it is a little tender... if it doesn't hurt I wouldn't worry about it though.. like I said I can't even remember if I had it for my first pregnancy or not.

June 16th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Well, last time my navel just flattened out, and that was a little tender. Went away after birth. I had this scar then, too. Not painful but it doesn't feel comfortable when I poke at it. It's very tiny, about the size of a pencil eraser. The top, I mean.
June 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ack, I didn't know this was a thing! Hope it's not the start of something! xx
June 16th, 2013, 09:51 PM
spyctre- not sure if you have one or not, mine covered maybe half (probably less) of my belly button when I first started noticing it, but now it is the size of a quarter or bigger and is on the right side of my belly button but not covering the whole belly button, it goes more to the side only starting on the belly button and moving away from it.

June 16th, 2013, 10:00 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ouch! I had never heard of it. Hope ya feel better.
June 16th, 2013, 10:10 PM
news from the midwife, I'm not supposed to lift anything including my children, and should apply pressure whenever I'm coughing, sneezing, laughing... and no abdominal excercises, which I'm not doing anyway... basically there is nothing I can do to make it better, only ways I can try to keep it from getting worse. boo..

June 17th, 2013, 03:39 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry you are dealing with that!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 17th, 2013, 04:21 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
OH that sounds terrible. I am so sorry. I have never had anything like that.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 17th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Went to bed with a couple tylenol and a half last night (meant to have two but one was broken and I didn't notice until too late) and every time the baby moved it pressed into that painful spot, it was awful, I woke up fine this morning, only had one tiny twinge of pain but I think if I take it easy and follow the midwives orders to not lift anything I should be ok.

July 6th, 2013, 08:16 PM
"Shay-see"
I remembered seeing this thread a while back and I came to dig it up because I might be having this problem. I have some discomfort in my belly, especially when it's full (the pain is not terrible, but it's noticeable) and there's a soft squishy bump just above my belly button. I'm going to try to make it until my appt. on Weds when I can ask my doctor, and I guess this probably means I'm done with weight lifting for the rest of this pregnancy.

*grumble*
July 7th, 2013, 06:59 AM
sorry and yeah, you are done weight lifting...lol. that soft squishy area is a hernia most likely and if it isn't bothering you too much you can just be careful and you'll be ok, but if you use your tummy muscles too much and have the pressure of baby behind it you'll make it bigger, and bigger is more painful.
Mine hasn't really bothered me in awhile, I think the day that it was so bad the baby was shoving some part of it's body into it... hopefully he/she doesn't get it in their mind to try that again.
Good luck to you!

July 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Youch! that sounds like painful! I have never had that happen for me. Hoping it doesn't get too bad for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search