Dream Birth Story

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 2 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Does anyone have a favorite birth story they remember? I think about one a lot that I read once.

The mother was pregnant with #5. Sitting in her den one day, she stands to have her water break suddenly. She feels something weird so she reaches down, and there's the head. Out comes the baby! No labor, just splash and SURPRISE! Her hubby comes downstairs remarking how he thought the "baby shows" were on later only to find his wife with a baby. lol "Um... Honey, can you get me a towel?"

Probably the best way to birth ever!

I wish I could find this story again. May have been on this site, maybe another.

Last edited by Spyctre; June 17th, 2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: grammar
June 17th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
what wow! I saw a you tube video almost like that! She was in labor and standing in front of the bathroom with a sheet under her and she was bearing down and splash the water broke and voila the baby's head came out...she just reached down and grabbed it and the rest of the baby came out as well!!!

BTW have you watched the woman give birth in the water in that movie 'Apocalypto' OMG!! She does it when a bad guy is chasing her and she is hiding in a creek under where he is standing and she is chest deep in water I think and in full on labor. She is trying not to make noise too and the baby decides to come out right there.

June 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I saw that movie in the theatre waaaay back. I thought it would be GOOD! lol I remember some lady in a hole giving birth while trying to keep her 5 year old from drowning at the same time. Is that the scene?
June 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate labor scenes in movies! I just watched one the other day where this couple is at a marriage retreat and she is 8 months pregnant and they have to go hiking down a small mountain with handcuffs connecting them. He ends up carrying her down the last portion as she is in labor, is is now pouring rain and she delivers outside on the ground....
As a doula I just have to say that adrenaline prevents labor and delivery from happening that quickly, if you are scared you wont be delivering without a lot of force, and that woman could have made it to her destination without delivering outside (the cabins were minutes away). So the movie apocolipto or whatever, not a likely birth scene either... hollywood is full of dramatic scene makers that know nothing about birth... though I guess it is entertaining.

as for quick easy births like the one you read about, I LOVE stories like that. An experienced midwife I know said she was called out to a house for a laboring woman who had already had two or three children so she was familiar with her own labor patterns. The midwife had not been to this woman's births in the past, when she arrived the woman was chattery and pacing the floor (usually a good sign for early labor) after about an hour the midwife was thinking perhaps she should go home, but then the woman announced "it's time" went into her bedroom laid on the bed and pushed out her baby like nothing.

June 17th, 2013, 12:34 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I didn't realize you are a doula. How cool

I can't think of any dream labors, but I do hope that this little girl decides to make her appearance on a Friday night. It is ideal for me since my mom and dh won't have to take time off work to be with me.
Plus I am not too hyped on the idea of my water breaking at work. Not at all, lol.
slmehaffey likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 17th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Julie
Arwen, I read the same exact birth story! I forget where it was too. I get very jealous when I read birth stories where the baby practically falls out! I find it so interesting though, and I want to know what makes these women different in that they have almost no painful contractions, it's crazy.
Spyctre likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I saw that movie in the theatre waaaay back. I thought it would be GOOD! lol I remember some lady in a hole giving birth while trying to keep her 5 year old from drowning at the same time. Is that the scene?
Oh yeah that was the one...I completely forgot (until now) the part about her having the other kid with her!! Yeah I watched it in the movie theater too back in the days when DH and I actually went out to watch movies - My pre-Lekha days LOL

June 18th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is my total fantasy birth! I don't even know I'm in labor when suddenly my water breaks, then I reach down to discover that the baby's head is already hanging out of my hooha. And of course her body would easily follow. Lol. Fat chance since I'm going for c-section number 3, but it never hurts to dream I guess.
Anitha and Spyctre like this.
June 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Having my water break is my dream birth. I've never experienced it.
Spyctre likes this.
June 19th, 2013, 12:15 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Allison, while it truely is a unique experience it really isn't that fun to have the feeling of peeing yourself constantly until baby is born..lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search