suddenly I have a desire to shop

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 2 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not really thought much about buying baby things because I have most of what I need already, but there are a few things I need to purchase, and while a swing is not one of them seeing the post about the swing has suddenly made me want to shop for baby stuff... the problem is that I live in a rural area with only two major stores near by (like the closest target or jc penny is 2 hours away), and I hate most of what they have in store... this sorta sucks.
Anitha likes this.

June 17th, 2013, 01:21 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Umm you know what is useful in that situation? Online shopping.

I may or may not have spent $100 today on baby stuff. Oops! I bought two sets of crib sheets from PBK. Then I went to Carter's website, and bought three pairs of jammies and two onesies/pants sets (they have some good stuff on clearance for $4-6).
jamieshalon2 likes this.
June 17th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Everyone around here keeps telling me to start on-line shopping, but that just isn't fun, you don't get to touch them, compare the sizes to other sizes, and see the true color of the thing you are considering.. I loathe on-line shopping.
I'm hoping to visit my parents in the 'big city' soon and get my shopping done then.

June 17th, 2013, 01:27 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Oh I love online shopping, lol.
I hope that you can get your "shopping fix" soon
iCathy likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 17th, 2013, 02:21 PM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
Do as much online shopping as you can until you get to the city to shop for baby clothes.
June 17th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After having kids, I love online shopping, lol.
June 17th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ok, so I've decided I have to do at least a little on-line shopping but the internet has failed me! The fabric I need for my ring sling is sold at JoAnn Fabric's but my local store (1 hour away) doesn't have it in stock, and neither does the internet! There is a store near my mom that has some in stock so I called and got them to put it on hold for me. Here is the link: Novelty Cotton Fabric-Apples And Pears & novelty quilt fabric at Joann.com
I really want to find a flannel that sort of matches this so I can make some large receiving blankets and a couple burp cloths, anyone know of a good pattern on flannel? or just feel like helping me find something? I've found one I'm 'ehh' about.. but have not had much luck in the flannel department.

June 18th, 2013, 05:32 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I haven't even looked at the flannels yet. I need to check out our local fabric stores too. I really like the one you posted. Good luck in finding what you want.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 18th, 2013, 07:29 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Lady, I can't understand the aversion to online shopping. I loveeeee it. But, I can identify with the shopping urge. I normally don't have it but with my body changing and needing all new things (my big clothes are too small, even) that has amped up my online browsing. That doesn't even count things that I need for baby. The registry helped, if just to organize my thoughts.

Good luck finding your perfect fabric and other items! I'll be online, looking through bigger halter top bathing suit tops now
June 18th, 2013, 09:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I loveee online shopping too!! I have a really big urge to shop, but I'm holding out 4 more days until after my u/s!!!!!!
iCathy and jennyrae03 like this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I LOVE online shopping too!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
so I'm like the only person on the world with an addiction to the internet who hates on-line shopping...lol...
jennyrae03 likes this.

June 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like online shopping. It makes my life a lot easier and usually I can find what I want online for a cheaper price than in store. I hope you can fulfill your urge to shop soon! Shopping for babies is so much fun!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search