Anyone hoping for a natural child birth?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2013, 06:42 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not go natural with my first, although I liked the idea of it. I ended up with pitocin, epi, c section, the whole shebang. I've been reading NCB books and the benefits are just enormous... and I'm really hoping I can pull it off as well as a have a successful VBAC. Super high hopes, huh?? I would LOVE to take a Bradley class, but they are kinda pricey and the bigger issue is I'm not sure who I could find to watch my 2 year old for three hours for 12 weeks! We do have a doula this time around, so I'm hoping that helps. DH is on board to be my coach, but we need to finish reading the book and start practicing all the exercises!

Just wondering if anyone else is hoping/planning for natural! I know there's a board for it, but it seems kinda slow lately!
Lotsakids and soul_donut like this.

June 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Nope. I would love to do it but I dont want to get all hyped up and be disappointed
I'll try for as long as possible, but with this being the first and me not having any idea how much it will hurt...lol
June 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, i am. I am going to be doing the hypnobabies home study course again. I don't have a doula but I am using a midwife again and my husband is a huge natural childbirth advocate so he will go to bat for me if need be. I am more worried that hospital nurses will push continous monitoring and IVs than drugs though. I just want a hands off kind of birth.

June 17th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Leah
I'm not sure. After reading various stuff here from those who have had both, natural sounds appealing to me, plus it appeals to my try everything, experience it all/slightly crunchy side. But being my first, I don't know how it'll go. I'm wondering if my high heart rate will be a concern, if it sticks high over a period of time (though my BP is usually fine even then). I think I'm gong to plan for it, though m not sure about particular methods.
happywife likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 17th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for my 3rd natural birth. You ladies can do it!
~Momma*2011~ likes this.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
June 17th, 2013, 07:30 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am here

There is also the possibility of a homebirth.. We shall see how it goes

Thank you Jaidensmum!

June 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Veteran
I am, although I am slightly concerned because I am having twins but I will give it a go. I had a natural birth with my daughter. We hired a doula and it was the best decision ever. I don't think I could have done it without her. Our same doula is going to help us with this birth, hopefully everything goes alright.
Lotsakids and Anitha like this.
June 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep, home birth and natural hopefully. Start hypnobirthing classes in July!
Lotsakids and happywife like this.
June 18th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Julie
My third I had some pitocin but no pain meds. I really prepared for it though and was very determined. I also had my sister there, who I felt was helpful. I really don't have the same drive to do it again, except i'd like to try only because this is my last. I think I'd like to mainly hold off on the epi until i'm a little farther along. Sounds strange, but I want to feel some good contractions before I get the epi. My SO is definitely not a great coach either, and we can't pay for a doula, so I don't see it happening. You ladies can do it if you really want to, good luck!!

June 18th, 2013, 03:33 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I had the pitocin, and epi but it was needed after 16 hours of labour and having a 4th degree tear and having a huge baby!

With my second I didn't plan on natural, but so glad it ended that way. That was a totally natural labour 4 hours from start to finish! I felt so good after!

Hoping this next one goes like my second did! But I'm not against needing pain meds if theres any troubles or anything.
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
June 18th, 2013, 04:10 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I really do admire all of you ladies who are going natural. I can't wait to read your wonderful birth stories.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 18th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both of my kids were born naturally, and I plan to do the same with this one. Hopefully nothing gets in the way of that! It's a great feeling.
Lotsakids and Anitha like this.
June 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I am hoping, but I fear due to the blood thinners, they are empty wishes . I have had two naturally, one planned and one not planned. Now that I know what to expect, it would not be that bad, but I think I may have to have a c-section again just because my dr's want me to be in a super controlled environment. This really makes me sad, because I wasn't able to nurse my twins very long (3 months) and even then I was supplementing with formula. After talking to other mommies, I believe it was because I did not go into labor naturally and my milk never really came in.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
June 18th, 2013, 05:28 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I sure will try! I'm looking at the birth classes today and looking up yoga / breathing books to really get cracking. I decided not to go with the doula to save some money for baby gear so I'm going to use my free resources at the hospital, library, and online to get me through I am willing my vagina to be all that it can be.
June 18th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
I had an epidural with my son and I really don't see myself doing it differently this time. I had a large baby who was temporarily stuck, and ended up with a tear and episiotomy when it was all said and done. I am very glad that I was pretty numb for most of it. I didn't have any side effects though and was able to breastfeed and walk around fine shortly afterwards. I think if my experience with it wouldn't have been so good, I might have more motivation to try natural.

I do think that natural is a great option for both mom and baby and really admire the moms that do it! I am sure the sense of accomplishment feels great.
June 18th, 2013, 06:32 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going with a birth center and hoping for a water birth. I start a mind, body, birth class in July. I think it's similar to hyponobabies, but also covers everything else about L&D.
Lotsakids likes this.

June 18th, 2013, 07:06 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
Yes, i am. I am going to be doing the hypnobabies home study course again. I don't have a doula but I am using a midwife again and my husband is a huge natural childbirth advocate so he will go to bat for me if need be. I am more worried that hospital nurses will push continous monitoring and IVs than drugs though. I just want a hands off kind of birth.
I am worried about this too! I need to talk with my ob about it more too- the first time I brought up not doing an epidural, she said they like their VBAC candidates to have one. I'm assuming in case something goes wrong. BUT my doula gave me the latest acog practice bulletin which I have yet to read...but she said it supports not needing an epidural if its not wanted.

June 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are planning a homebirth this go around, so completely natural here. I am really hoping for a home waterbirth but we will see what I want when the times comes.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Trying to go as natural as possible but since I have no clue how I will feel, I'm prepared for anything. I've been taking prenatal classes for flexibility and I'm going to watch some hypnobirthing videos as well. My man will be my coach and I'll leave everything else up to circumstance.
June 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am not going to box myself into saying natural vs medicated etc. I want and hope you deliver vaginally with as little medical help as possible. I have been exercising and seeing a chiropractor to help with SPD and pelvic alignment. I have had one vaginal delivery with a posterior baby - an episiotomy was needed.
Not opposed to epidural after labor is well underway and contractions are too painful to the point of tensing me up and preventing dilation etc. I hope not to need pitocin at all even for the placenta delivery (they gave a bit of pitocin after the baby came out last time, to help get the rest of the stuff out. Totally unnecessary in my opinion, as I was regularly contracting on my own. They gave it without informing me! )

We'll see.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search