Tooth fairy

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 4 Post By Allisonjuly
  • 3 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Wren
  • 1 Post By cooper1414

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Julie
First of all, the "tooth fairy" is about to go broke because a certain 7 year old just lost three teeth in 2 days! Secondly, who else here is a terrible tooth fairy like me? This morning at 3 I got up to pee and said 7 year old woke up and wanted the hall light on because it was too dark. I realized that I had forgotten to put the money under his pillow and take the tooth! So I go down there and turn on the light, all the while plotting how the hell I'm going to get this done without him knowing. So Isit there in the dark on the couch upstairs waiting for him to go back to sleep. I have to be up in 2 hours so I didn't want to wait anymore. I go downstairs and tell him to go potty since he's still awake anyway (he has trouble with wetting the bed) so he thankfully does it and I quickly switch the tooth for the money and hurry back upstairs to bed, haha-victory is mine! I must forget to put the money under the pillow about half the time, it's awful.

June 18th, 2013, 04:12 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Dont feel bad, I have forgotten too. It is only natural. We as moms have so much going on all the time that it is easy to forget. I think your little switch plan was awesome!!
Irshtripletsmommy likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 18th, 2013, 04:22 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have definitely forgotten a few times and had to come up with a creative way to get it under without them figuring it out!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 18th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We haven't forgotten yet. I usually set a timer on my phone when he loses a tooth. It's too hard to remember otherwise!
June 18th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I forget and the kid is upset the next morning I say"you didn't go right to sleep last night did you...she's probably on a busy schedule and you were awake when she got here so she couldn't stop. Hopefully she'll come back tonight."

They always believe this!
June 18th, 2013, 07:05 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is the going rate for teeth these days?

June 18th, 2013, 07:14 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Mine get $1 per tooth, unless it was a very traumatic experience. For example my middle son was out sledding in the snow with his daddy and brothers, well he face planted and knocked one of his baby teeth out. That one got $2 lol.
gRod, Irshtripletsmommy and MrsPea like this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've done $20.00 each for their very first baby tooth After that its been either $3-5 per tooth! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Julie
Mine get $1 per tooth.

June 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
$1/tooth
June 18th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Wow! $20, $5, $3, or hell, even $1?! My mom used to give me like 40 cents! lol I would go and trade it to my dad. Claim the tooth fairy forgot to leave some money, and he would take the change and give me a buck.

When I was 7, I lost 5 teeth in 1 day. I think Mom might have slipped me a whole dollar for the lot. =P She's the type to bring tuna fish on a vacation and tell you not to eat out. lol

DH says we can't have a tooth fairy. "There will be no fairies in this house! It's a tooth RAT." Ugh. We're having a tooth fairy! Haven't had to deal with it, though. DD1 still has all her baby teeth.
June 18th, 2013, 02:25 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tooth fairy hasn't had to visit us yet, I'm on the fence about it, we totally told DS the truth about santa, and when he asks about the tooth fairy I just ask him 'what do you think?'.... (the 'truth' about santa is that he did once upon a time live and give gifts, and now we have our own santa, daddy, who loves to eat cookies and leave presents but don't tell other kids, some of their mommies and daddies don't want them to know who is leaving the presents'... that sort of back fired on me when he announced to an elderly woman at church that santa was 'dead'.
but I can't imagine the tooth fairy leaving more than 50 cents... I'm cheap and .50 sounds like a good amount for a tooth.

June 18th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My 3 year old is really obsessed with the tooth fairy. My husband made the mistake of mentioning her existence over Easter when we were talking about the Easter bunny. She asked us about 10 times a day to tell her about the tooth fairy, and then would cry at night that she was afraid of the tooth fairy. I started telling her that the tooth fairy looks exactly like her granny and you have to call and request that she come. I think she was freaked out by the idea of some weird lady flying in her window at night when she was sleeping and stealing her teeth.
slmehaffey likes this.
June 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Ours usually leaves $1 or $2, but she has been known to forget and we have to email her a reminder. LOL
June 18th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
$5 for the first tooth and $3 for the following teeth and our tooth fairy has forgotten a few time lol
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

June 19th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Julie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
Wow! $20, $5, $3, or hell, even $1?! My mom used to give me like 40 cents! lol I would go and trade it to my dad. Claim the tooth fairy forgot to leave some money, and he would take the change and give me a buck.

When I was 7, I lost 5 teeth in 1 day. I think Mom might have slipped me a whole dollar for the lot. =P She's the type to bring tuna fish on a vacation and tell you not to eat out. lol

DH says we can't have a tooth fairy. "There will be no fairies in this house! It's a tooth RAT." Ugh. We're having a tooth fairy! Haven't had to deal with it, though. DD1 still has all her baby teeth.
This is soooo my mom as well! I bought the kids Subway to eat at the park one day, made the mistake of mentioning it to my mother, and she asked "how much did all that cost? I hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it!" ugh...We went to her community pool the other day and she brought "lunch"-cold, overcooked hamburger pucks. My toddler opened the cooler and found them, thinking they were chocolate cookies, and so did I until I looked closer lol. She doesn't get it that it's not worth it to bring homemade food if no one actually eats it.

June 19th, 2013, 06:25 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give my daughter a dollar a tooth unless it's a traumatic experience, then she gets two. Kudos to you for finding a creative way to slip the money under the pillow! I must admit, the last one she lost, I totally forgot until I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. It happens to all of us. We're pregnant mommies. We're entitled to forget every once in awhile lol

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search