Kicking?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 4 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I am actually from the November board, but I needed some opinions. Almost everyone over there has been feeling kicks from 16 weeks and forward. I am 19 weeks and I haven't felt anything yet. I am starting to get really worried and I don't have my next appointment for another three weeks, which is excruciating (my last one had to be earlier than normal due to the doctor being out of town, so it's been over two weeks since my previous appointment already).

Did any of you ladies have this problem? When did you start to feel kicks? Am I normal or not? Can you tell I am a first time mom???

I haven't had any real symptoms either and my belly isn't very big compared to a lot of other moms in my group so that just adds to my worry.
Baby #2

Last edited by slp2012; June 19th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
June 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Many first time moms don't feel baby until 22wks +

Do you have an anterior placenta that will delay feeling movement too
I am sure everything is great with baby and I am sure you will feel baby very very soon

And I have known many moms that take a long time to show, I have one friend that for 2 babies now never shows up until delivery lol
FishermansWife4 and slp2012 like this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

June 19th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first baby, I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks, and was able to go out in a tight dress at 7 months along without anyone realizing I was pregnant. I truly didn't pop out there until I was almost due.

This is baby number 3 for me, and it's a whole different ball game. I my belly popped out really early, plus I'm really big now. The movement I did feel early on, but that makes sense because I know what it feels like.

My point is to make sure you don't compare yourself to other women in your DDC who have have multiple children - it's different for them. As a matter of fact, be careful comparing yourself to other first time moms - every woman and every pregnancy is different...If you're small and having very few symptoms - celebrate! It's so much better than being absolutely miserable.

As far as feeling your baby move, you may feel movement when you're laying down and paying attention, so maybe you could give that a try? Drink a glass of ice cold water, then lay down and see if you feel anything. Even if you don't, I'm sure you will soon.

Best of luck to you!
June 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't feel noticeable kicks till about 20 weeks then they got more intense from there. Maybe try buying a fetal doppler to ease your worries?
June 19th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didnt feel anything with the first until maybe 21 weeks. This time around, I started feeling flutters about 16 weeks. Everyone is different. I think average is 20 week. As for showing....you will get there soon! Enjoy the easy pregnancy...the next one might not be as so!

June 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was at least 20+ weeks with my first before feeling any real kicks!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 19th, 2013, 05:39 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer and Dolly said it best. I couldn't agree more.

If you're seriously curious about it, try eating something REALLY sugary and see if you feel anything then. Good luck, mama! Every baby kicks, moves, and hits milestones at different times. You're unique. Embrace it
Dolly Lama likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 19th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Veteran
with my first i didn't feel anything until i was 23 weeks. i'm having my second, i'm 21 weeks and just now starting to feel little kicks.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
June 19th, 2013, 06:54 PM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and my son starting kicking at 15 weeks. I heard it's very normal to be 20 weeks and after before you feel kicking.
June 19th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Julie
Don't worry, it is totally normal not have felt anything yet. I am having #5 and I did not even start feeling real big movements until about 20 weeks, and even now it's not all the time. Every woman and every pregnancy is different.

June 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies so, so much. Sometimes you just need to hear something from real women. I really appreciate the responses and suggestions.
Baby #2
June 20th, 2013, 05:07 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have an anterior placenta with this little girl and I didn't start feeling anything until I was closer to 22/23 weeks. It really worried me too, especially since they didn't tell me I have an anterior placenta until I saw the U/S tech put it on one of my pics at my anatomy scan at 22 weeks.
This is my 4th baby and 22 weeks is definitely the longest I have had to wait to feel movement. AND to top it off they keep telling me that she has long legs, so I would have thought I would have felt her movements earlier than with the boys, but nope, it wasn't that way at all.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I agree with the dont worry! I look big and this is my first - but I gained too much weight
Also - coffee. lol. If I have just a small one baby will roll and do karate chops for a while. Try it if you haven't been drinking a lot Or, of course, pixie sticks~
June 20th, 2013, 09:38 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I felt both my first 2 super early. And although I felt like I felt him early ish this time, it depending wasn't a obvious as before. Come to find out the placenta is in the front. On one ultrasound you could see him moving like crazy, but I didn't feel a thing. It's only gotten super obviously since about 19ish weeks. I've had several friends that didn't feel their babies until 20+ weeks. You'll get there and before you know it he'll be going crazy and you won't be able to sleep.

June 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I agree every pregnancy, every women and every baby is different. I bet you feel the baby soon. Plus once you realize what the kicks, jabs and tumbles feel like you maybe mistaking it for something else. Hugs. I know a worry like this isn't something you wanted but take the other ladies suggestions and drink something sugary and lay on your side. Good Luck Hopefully baby makes himself/herself known soon.

June 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I started feeling this one very early, but it is also my 7th baby. With my 2nd I remember it was around 22 weeks before I felt the first kicks.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
June 21st, 2013, 02:51 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did not feel anything with any of my pregnancies until 21+ weeks. I did not have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy and this is my 3rd. I am not 'overweight' either. US showed baby moving at 20w... I just didn't feel it.

June 21st, 2013, 06:35 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
With my first I did not feel him until 20 weeks. I tried everything to feel him and it didn't work. There were some "is that??...." moments but I still don't know to this day. What I do know is at 20 weeks I got a hard kick that there was no mistaking for a kick. Yours will come! I found out this pregnancy that I had an anterior placenta with that pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search