OT...Paranormal/Supernatural

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 04:41 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Do you believe?

I would love to hear some examples and/or any personal experiences that you would like to share
soul_donut likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 20th, 2013, 05:12 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, I believe and me & my whole family has experienced. But with studying the Bible as much as I have, there is a whole lot more too it than the average person would ever imagine. PM me if you're curious...

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
June 20th, 2013, 07:18 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I believe! I don't have any personal experiences but my mom has had quite a few!

1) She woke up in the middle of the night and saw a man standing next to her by the bed (she said he looked sort of old-fashioned, and was wearing a red flannel shirt). She turned to wake my dad up, and when she looked back at the man he was gone.

2) In the same house - she had a friend of hers over, and they saw a man in a red flannel shirt walk through the living room area. The house was designed to flow from one room to the next, so you could make a complete loop through the house in a circle. She walked one way, her friend walked the other, and they met in the middle and there was nobody else there.

3) Also in the same house - she was walking from the kitchen to the living room, and felt her necklace slip off and fall to the floor. When she picked it up, the necklace was still clasped.

4) When she was younger and at someone else's house babysitting, all the kids had gone to bed. She kept hearing a noise, and so she looked up the stairs to where the kids' rooms were. At the top of the stairs, there was a little girl just sitting there...the little girl was NOT one of the kids she was babysitting. She vanished as my mom started to go up the stairs!
fancypants27 and jamieshalon2 like this.
June 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Those are really cool Jenny.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Scary, Jenny! I would freak out if I saw a stranger in my house. Even if it was a kid! I've seen movies. Those kids could be homicidal! lol

I do. Even the Bible says those exist. I've had several different experiences, some good and some bad.

1. In one of the last houses my parents moved us to our neighbors kept claiming that an elderly man specter liked to hang out in the bathroom. OK, that's weird, but whatever. Middle of the night for 8 years, bathroom door knob would randomly jiggle when everyone in the house was asleep. Once I had gone to potty, was reaching for the knob to leave, and it started to jiggle. I immediately opened it. No one there.

2. There was a shadow man in my last apartment. It turned a faucet on in our bathroom. That one was a demon. I got some blessed oil, prayed over the house.

3. I saw an angel on stage with my preacher one day. Almost 10 feet tall, the guy was HUGE! And had on lots of purple.

4. Saw one angel in my bedroom when I asked my guardian angel to show himself one day. He's only around 8 feet tall.

5. I heard Alice's angel talking to her a few months ago. It was about 10 PM, and she was in her bedroom chattering away in Autism. Then I hear a male voice answer back in her language! TV was off. It was surprising, but I wasn't scared. I poked my head in the door, and she was smiling at a wall. I told her and the room it was bedtime 30 minutes ago.
fludderbye and happywife like this.
June 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I told her and the room it was bedtime 30 minutes ago.
Totally made me giggle.

I believe. I've experienced a lot as a child. I used to feel things behind me and I saw/felt things most of my life, especially during childhood/adolesence. I also hear things sometimes before I fall asleep. It's not dreaming, more like bits of conversations. I was meditating one night and asked where something was. I got a response of "Look on top of the fridge" and there was the item I was searching for. I try to block a lot of it out because it drives me crazier than I already am. For the record, I've been tested and do not suffer schitzophrania.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 20th, 2013, 08:15 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely. And I have a bit of a 6th sense...random things come to me in dreams (day dreaming or night time) and they tend to come true.

When I was little my grandma used to take me for walks (we lived with her), and everyday for a week I would point to the same house and say "grandma, why did this house burn down?", and she would reply "the house didn't burn down, its still there". Well a week later the house burned down. I was so young that I don't remember asking or the house fire, but whenever i tell my mom something freaky that happened she always refers back to that story.

Shortly after I found out I was pregnant with my 1st my grandma passed away suddenly. I live in my grandmas house as the family wanted to keep it. After Zoey was born, I would always see specs of light on the baby monitor and the volume bars would show that there was lots of sound in her room, but no sound coming from the monitor. I'm sure grandma was visiting. A year to the day AND TIME that she passed. DH and I were awoken at 4am by Zoeys toys going off in the living room. Not one toy - but 2 different toys. One sang "ABC come play with me, letters, numbers, 1,2,3" It went off twice. DH and I looked at each other like ***. Then another toy (pretend laptop) said "goodbye". It does this when you close it. And that was it. I'm sure it was my grandma visiting.

tons of crazy stories like this... so yes, Im a believer!!
soul_donut likes this.

June 20th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Veteran
yes. we've had a few different experiences. my mom used to be really into that stuff, not so much anymore, but it's still fun to remember it and tell stories.

1 - when i was a kid we lived in this older house, mom, dad and little brother. i don't even remember how old i was when this used to happen. 4 or 5? anyway, i remember it used to happen at night where i'd want to get up, to go to the bathroom or something, but i couldn't move. it was like something was holding me down. i never thought anything of it. then years and years later my parents and i were joking around one night and started talking about that house. both of them had the same experience of being held down and they never told each other about it. my dad said he'd hear me crying (i must have been a baby then, before my brother was born.) but he couldn't get up to get me. it was so weird to find out we all experienced that. later we found out it happened to my brother as well.

2 - when i was 8 or 9 my parents were already divorced. at night we'd stay with my dad while my mom went to school. the college she went to was through the hills, a windy, 2 lane, dark, but a very traveled road. on her way home she'd meet up with my dad and pick us up. we had a certain time every night.
so one night she never showed up. we waited and waited. (this was before cell phones.) finally my dad drove us to our house. we pull up in the driveway, no cars, it's dark but there is this young couple standing there. tall, thin man, dark hair and she had long, wavy, red hair. she looked down the whole time but he spoke to my dad. he told him that his ex-wife was just in a car accident and she was being taken to the hospital. without even thinking my dad raced to the local hospital. what was weird was this guy knew so much - what happened and where it happened, he knew details, what hospital my mom was being taken to, that she was his ex-wife. how did he know all that? and how did he know to be there at our house?
so we get to the hospital. my great grandpa had been really sick so a lot of my family had been staying there with him. we stayed with them while my dad went to see my mom. she was bruised, scratched up, broken pelvis on both sides, but alive. a drunk driver out of control had hit her car and she went down a ravine about 30 feet.
while at the hospital my mom asked to talk to the highway patrol officer who was there. (he was a family friend.) she asked him to please find the man who stayed with her while she was stuck in the car. she said he was wearing soft leather gloves and had a very calming voice. he held her hand, knew her name and kept telling her it would be alright. the officer told her there was no one else there, he was the first and only one on the scene and he was the one who called the ambulance.
all 4 of us remember that night and still can't explain who those people were. so weird.

Allisonjuly likes this.

http://www.gofundme.com/Valentina
June 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a semi believer...but never experienced anything personally...your stories are freaking me out

June 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow. these stories are crazy! I absolutely believe in supernatural forces. Thankfully, I've never had an experience though. I'm sure I'd freak out. Last fall, I went through a stage were I watched one of those types of story shows on Animal planet. Sooo fascinating, but I wasn't sleeping anymore, so I had to stop, lol!! I already told my husband that if I ever had something creepy happen I would leave my home and never, ever come back.

My BIL has some crazy stories being overseas in the military. He's not one to be scared at anything either so it was a big deal coming from him.

June 20th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wait I just remembered this story...again its not personally experienced though.

My FIL's grandfather apparently owned a large property...like 100s of acres of land. There was a well in this land... They were farming on that land. But slowly started losing money and selling off parts of it. My FIL moved out to town when he grew up...but some of his brothers still lived there and continued working off of the land...At that point one of my FIL's brother's wives commited suicide jumping to that well. Marital problems with her husband etc. Any how after that incident they closed up that well. But stories kept emerging that people spotted her ghost by that well. After a few yrs my FIL's grandmother became insane and died...probably dementia related to old age. My FIL' grandfather decided to split the land among his sons before he passed away. After he did that...one by one all of his daughters-in-law including my FIL's mom became insane and had to be locked up!! Apparently the trend still continues!! My FIL decided not to have anything to do with that land and gave up his rights to the property over to his brothers...My MIL is the only one who didn't go insane! My DH warned me that I am the first daughter-in-law in the next generation and if we wanted to somehow get a share of that property, we could, but would I be willing to risk insanity

June 20th, 2013, 09:42 AM
wow, these stories are amazing.
1. when I was about 13 years old I was sitting at my grandmother's house while my mom took my grandmother to the store to get groceries. I was alone in her house and I was talking on the phone to my bff at the time. I looked down her hallway and there was a man sitting in the chair at the end of the hall. I could see the outline of the chair threw him though. It freaked me out so bad that I dropped the phone and ran out of the house where I stayed until my mom and grandma got home. When we walked in the phone was back on the receiver. It was one of those old phones that you have to put the head piece back on the cradle to hang it up. No one had been in the house since I had ran out of it.

2. Mom mom lived in the house that I live in before I was born. She said that she and my dad were laying in bed one night and she woke up when her kitten moved beside her. She saw a man rising up from the bottom of the bed and he just stood there. She could only see the black outline since it was dark in the room. When she screamed he just disappeared.

3. When I was pregnant with my first baby I lived in the house that I am in now. My dh and I were laying in bed one night and around 2 am the clock radio just came on blasting out of no where. He jumped up and turned it off. Right after we laid back down the kitchen window slammed shut so hard that we were afraid that it had broken the glass. We went running in there and everything was fine. The house I live in is pretty old and the windows won't stay up by themselves so we have to put a 2x4 under them to hold them up. The 2x4 was laying on the window sill beside the closed window.

3. After my 2nd baby was born I was sitting on my bed feeding him. The TV sitting on the stand at the end of my bed just fell off for no reason. It just went sideways and hit the floor which knocked the lamp down and put me in total darkness for a few seconds until my dh ran in and turned the over head light on. I had been the only person in the room besides the newborn in my arms.

4. After my 3rd baby was born I was once again sitting on my bed feeding him one evening. I have these plastic drawer storage systems sitting beside my bed, one stacked on top of the other one. They are in a crevice in the wall. We keep some spare clothes, odds and ends, etc in them. they are very heavy and you can't move them with out 2 people lifting or pushing them. The one on the top just slid forward and hit the floor. Again I was the only one in the room. My dh was in the living room and my 2 older boys were spending the night at my mom's house that night.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 20th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes and it all took place in my childhood home. My brother had experiences as well. Too many to list.

The scariest was when I was 16 and woke up at exactly midnight and my tv had turned on and was quickly flipping channels on its own. I managed to unplug it to make it stop.
June 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a lot of experiences as a child, in multiple homes, most of which would stop after prayer.
1. I would see a spiderman like figure on my wall through a reflextion of a tree, I know this doesn't sound creepy, but there was nothing remotely spiderman shaped to have created that shadow, and it 'watched' me.
2. Saw a gigantic whie ape/man run across the road at my aunt's house and then once again saw it run through a room like from the the other side of the wall across the room and through the other wall, a few weeks later my aunt said she'd seen it too, and that all her chickens and turkeys and ducklings had been dying, prayed about it and they stopped dying.
3. A little boy used to stand next to the toilet in the bathroom at my aunt's house (same aunt different house) Everyone saw him on occassion, my cousins, my aunt, myself, I think my sister did too but she doesn't admit to these sorts of things anymore)
4. I've seen multiple demons, one that somehow fit inside the room (a very tiny bedroom) I was in and yet filled the whole subburb the house was in.. hard to explain, but freaked me out so badly I had to go stay at someone elses house for a few days while the person who lived with me at the time was away from home.
5. Had visions of heaven, and Jesus, and things from my future when I was a kid/teenager, some of them have only just begun to be more clear to me now...
6. the most recent one was when DH and I lived in an apartment in San Diego there was a crying baby upstairs, it sounded like DS, but I'd go check on him and he'd be sleeping, we began to think it was our upstairs neighbors for awhile, but then we met him, a single guy with no kids... there was no answer to the crying baby mystery, we thought maybe the fan, maybe someones tv, maybe just our imaginations, but we both heard it, and it wasn't constant, just random.

June 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM
I love hearing all of this. Amazing to think what else is out there.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
Great stories about all the experiences. I had many experiences in my grandmother's home as a teenager. My mother and her family had many experiences in that home growing up as well.

My mother had a button thrown at her across the room when she was home by her self and the button didn't match any other clothes in the house. They heard footsteps and like shoes dropping on the floor as well as alot of knocking on the walls.

When I was a teen we all heard voices, strange smells in the house, saw orbs and I was touched once, Also my cross necklace was coiled up in the middle of the guest bedroom, no way it could have fall off the nighstand as it was too far away and coiled up in a perfect circle. So weird, we took pictures and had a ghost investigations team come in and they confirmed the activity in my grandma's house. Alot of men had died in that home from heart attacks, 3 that we know of for sure as they were all family, My grandpa, my grandma's second husband and my Uncle when my aunt was living with my grandma. I don't think that house likes men for some reason. Something negative is there in our family opinion.
June 24th, 2013, 05:27 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
wow ladies!!!

I believe in the supernatural but have no experiences myself. DH lived in a house that had some weird stuff happen - cabinets ajar or things put away that weren't (say, laundry put away that was left on a bed). Strange things happening with the doors. Turned out someone had recently committed suicide in their bathroom.. upon closer inspection you could still see a shotgun pock or two under the fresh paint. Shouldn't you have to disclose that sort of thing if you rent a place out?
June 24th, 2013, 06:17 AM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
Think it depends on the owner/realtor when you rent/sell a home depending on the state where you live. Most don't as alot of people don't believe in paranormal stuff, not sure if they have to tell you if a murder/suicide took place at the location or not.
June 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I don't think that they do here. We had a teenage son kill his mother and his sister and then kill himself here about a year ago. They lived in a rental home and the murders took place in the home. I noticed the other day that they are advertising the house for rent again and they didn't mention what had happened there. Beautiful home, but I don't think that I could live there. They never even found out why the boy did what he did. Everyone that knew him said that he seemed happy.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Nina, this didn't happen to me but to an aunt. She was in an accident, and several people stopped on the road to help her. She told us about this little girl that climbed into her car and sat and talked with her till the ambulance arrived. She asked where the little girl was later, and no one there had children. She thinks it was an angel.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search