Appointment Update - Very annoyed

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By drewbears
  • 1 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
So first off, the baby is good, heartbeat nice and strong. All is well. Bad part is I went up 6lbs since the last appointment. Which since I LOST weight, im okay, BUT she said to watch out. Well 1. im constipated, 2. eating out this week and past weekend due to soccer tournament and practices will not help the situation.

But anyways... baby is good.

Now my annoyed part...

I had planned to take the kids to the movie today at 10, we could get there by 10:15 and be in time for the movie to start. Its an old movie, Smurfs, but its the summer deal where they get the movie ticket, popcorn, soda, and a snack for $4. With my crew thats a really good deal. So my appointment was at 9:10, usually I am and out of there in 10, 15 minutes tops.

I figured get there early, get in and out even earlier, get back home to get the kids and get to the movies. They were all very excited about it this morning.

Well I get there at 8:50.... 9 comes... i figured no biggie, still time.... then 9:10....... then 9:30..... still sitting in the waiting room. I finally get called back to do my vitals and all at 9:55!!!!!

Of course I wait for the doc to come in, appointment itself was pretty quick. but the time I got out of there it was 10:45! I had to go and wait again to make my next appointment and set up next tests.

Needless to say, we didn't make it to the movies.

Monsters University comes out tomorrow, and I could take them to that, but the cost is more than double for a NEW movies.

GRRRRRR!

Oh wait! I forgot my rant part....

2 days before my appointment I get an appointment reminder saying if I miss the appointment or arrive 20 minutes or longer late I will be charged a fee of $40!

UM SHOULDN"T I GET $40 credited to my account then for THEM being almost an HOUR late?!?!?
Lotsakids and happywife like this.

June 20th, 2013, 08:24 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Well I am glad that everything looks good, but I know it sucks to have to wait like that.

I am taking my boys to see Monsters University tomorrow. I can't wait!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 20th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you say something to them...The current OB's office I go to seems ok time wise...I usually wait 5 - 10 mins and then they call me in for the vitals, then another 5 min wait in the exam room before the Dr comes in. I am usually out of there in 30 - 40 mins max. What if you were a full time working mom and you took an hr off from work to make the appt?? That is very irresponsible of them!! I'd definitely let them know that you are not happy. Sorry the kids missed the movie. Hope you can catch another deal! Glad that baby is ok though
slmehaffey likes this.

June 20th, 2013, 09:17 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would have said something to them. At our hospital (Army hospital) they always have soo many people in the Family Clinic, which is where I go for my appointments. I think they literally forget who they have. There have been a few times where I was sitting there for 45 minutes and finally got up and asked what the heck was taking so long, and they looked at me like they were shocked I was there and then went and looked at their computer and said "Oh, you did sign in...." they just didn't look and called other random names. Now I sit right next to their station and give them the death glare until they call my name. Yes, I'm that annoying patient but I don't have time to sit around and let you forget about me.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 20th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really sucks about waiting. The same thing happened to me at my last appointment they completely forgot about me. I had a 8:20am appointment and a lady came in for her 9am appointment went right in. I finally said something, and they apologized for forgetting me like WTH??? Do your job people!

Anyways, glad baby is great! I'd say splurge on Monsters University tomorrow it looks cute!
June 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad all is well with baby!

Maybe you can see a matinee on Saturday or tomorrow of M.U.?

Not sure if they give discounts for matinees there.

Just going to the movies with my family of four is so $$$, I can't imagine double that.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is ok with you and the baby.

If I can get one of the first 3 appointments of the day I'm usually out within 30-45min. Otherwise I wait a minimum of 1 hour just to see my OB and I've waited as long as 3 hours. It's VERY frustrating, and difficult when I have 2 kids under 2 to haul with me.

June 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I would voice my disappointment. Sorry you missed the movie with the kiddos but I'm glad that baby is ok.

June 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear baby is doing well!!

And yes, I hear you on the appointment thing. It was *always* an hour from the time I get there until the time I leave for just a heartbeat check with my last doctor. It's so annoying. One time I guess the doctor had an intern with her-- I was in the waiting room for an HOUR and they still said it would be another half hour before I would be seen! I left.

This time around I'm still seeing how things are going... I've not had just a regular appointment where I needed some sort of test/blood work done. I'm really hoping the next ones are shorter.

But yeah, I really have no patience for that. MY time is JUST as important. I'm hiring the doctor, not the other way around. I've had a friend where her office gives out gift cards if you wait longer than 20 minutes. Um, hello, that would be nice!

June 20th, 2013, 12:07 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad everything is okay with baby! Wow! I know how it feels to wait around for hours for a simple appointment that should take 15-20 minutes max. It drives me up a wall and makes me want to cuss people out. I don't of course, but the urge is there. Hopefully next appointment will go quicker for you.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Last edited by FishermansWife4; June 20th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
June 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had a good appointment. That sounds super frustrating. I hate those odd times when I have to wait forever.
June 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
Wow Jenn! My OB is ALWAYS on time or early. If you get there 15 minutes prior, there is maybe a five minute wait. But at my last appointment she was finishing an emergency c/s across the street and was delayed coming in by 20 mins. I got there early of course, and I understood it couldn't be helped that she was late. But man, some of the women scheduled right after me were throwing fits in the waiting room because they had to wait an extra 20 minutes! I'd like to see them wait an hour!
June 20th, 2013, 08:06 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for baby doing well. Sucks you missed the movies. In the past I've had doctors that made me wait 30-60 minutes on average. My current OB runs close to on-time unless he has in procedure or something, its so rare I dont mind.

While I would like to think doctors always have a good reason I'll never forget working at a small hospital and our doctors making patients wait because they were visiting, or sitting in their office. One time I was sitting naked in my gown waiting for a pap and the nurse told me (only because I worked there and she knew me) that the doctor was out back feeding her rabbits...while I sat for 45 minutes. Kinda made me lose faith in docs.
June 20th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you missed the movie That would have seriously annoyed me too!
It's like your appointments can always be 20 minutes late, but if you're running late, you can guarantee they are running on time!

Glad to hear all is well with baby

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 21st, 2013, 03:55 AM
Julie
Yea, sooo annoying, especially if I have to take my 2 yr old with me, which is most of the time. I haveto bribe him to be quiet and stop touching the medical equipment by giving him a lollipop. Theyare usually apologetic about it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search