NSTs?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Anyone else already getting ready for these?

I found out today that next month I will be starting my weekly, twice a week, NSTs that will go through the duration of the pregnancy. Um WHAT?

I'm waiting on a call back with my set days and times. It will be either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Fridays. And she said plan for at least an hour each time.

This yet again throws a bit of a kink in my plans.

I can't say that this pregnancy hasn't or wont have many appointments. OY

June 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure if I will get them, don't think I had any with my little girl last time, but I did have one with my son when he was 9 days overdue.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have never had one done. I wish you luck though.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have had them before with other pregnancies when I was past my due date, but never routine ones like this.

Once school starts, that will put me in a pickle, cuz it doesn't look like I can bring my 3 year old, and I don't have someone to watch her. I wonder if I can do some talking to them and explain I have no options, and she literally will sit with an iPad and not move. Maybe they will help me out.

June 20th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is starting mine at my next high risk appt in 4 weeks. I was surprised too.
June 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I am not sure when I will be starting my NST's this time. I will probably ask my doctor next week at my appt. I believe last time I started them at either 30 or 32 weeks.

June 20th, 2013, 12:09 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going to sound dumb over here but what is NSTs?

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Non-stress test

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why are you having them routine this early? is it for the placenta problem you'd mentioned before?

I had them with my daughter when the midwife said I was overdue, and it just led to all sorts of problems for me, so I think if I were going to a hospital to birth I'd just refuse them this time. But since I'm doing a home birth I wont have them at all. I'm so happy to be having such a laid back approach to this birth!
Good luck with your appointments!

Oh and Amber, incase you don't know what the NST's entail it is an ultrasound of baby and placenta, and then a time strapped to the heart and contraction monitors (like in labor) where they monitor the babies heart rate and see if you are having contractions and how the baby is doing during them.... honestly aside from seeing more pictures of the baby it is a pretty boring hour and isn't 'nonstressful' to me. Between finding the time to go to the appointment, and then sitting there wondering what they are discovering, or not discovering it is pretty annoying to me.

June 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh! Okay! Thanks for explaining it I've never had one done in office, probably because I've never been over due but it sounds stressful in and of itself. Good luck, Jenn!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 20th, 2013, 05:23 PM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep, same here... starting them next month. I don't mind though, extra peace of mind!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
June 20th, 2013, 06:20 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, good luck ladies! That sounds more annoying then anything else, but try to think of it as Happy Wife says, assurance babe is doing well.

June 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had it when I went overdue with my first. I don't remember it much.

She was explaining the point system with it. If he scores 4 or below I have to get checked into the hospital. I assume mine is a combo of the weird placenta, my blood clotting thing, and my age.
June 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never had them before, so I am pressuming that this pregnancy will be the same.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 21st, 2013, 04:41 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had them weekly last time when I was diagnosed with cholestasis, maybe starting around 30 weeks. I may find out today whether I have it again, or be tested again in a week or too. My genetic screening results suggested I might have a placenta issue too, so I know they are going to do one or two more ultrasounds regardless to make sure the baby doesn't have restricted growth, but I don't think they are NSTs.
June 21st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
I will start mine soon too. Probably once I hit 28-30 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search