Nervous!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By *Lana*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2013, 09:42 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I'm not sure if I'm overreacting and just need to rest - I flew from FL to NY and back this wed-fri, with walking and moderate activity throughout. I have had Braxton hicks for the past week or so, maybe a little longer, but this week it's actually bugging me. I have had some menstrual-like cramping too tonight. No discharge or anything unusual. I'm worried but wonder if I just need to take it easy or if I need to call my doctor. I am laying around on my side now and trying to relax. We have dinner plans both tomorrow and Sunday night. I don't know how to proceed and feel like a wet blanket but my instincts are to cancel. I don't want to disappoint my DH, who has been waiting for my return and had a really ****** week (our AC broke while he was taking me to the airport! $1200 fix and days of heat). Any advice either on the medical concerns or planning disappointment?
June 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I get regular contracts walking around stores. Every 2-3 min for 30 sec. I am not concerned about premature labor, just pain. So I tell people the truth. I'm getting some painful contractions, and just standing sucks. Sorry, maybe next time?
June 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
If your instincts and body tell you that you are overdoing it, take a break and don't feel bad. DH will understand. We're really starting to get into the stage of pregnancy where discomfort is becoming more common as baby is growing so quickly. Rest and stay hydrated and if you truly don't feel up to it, don't do it!
June 21st, 2013, 10:48 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you probably overdid it and need to take it easy, put your feet up.
June 21st, 2013, 11:25 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I agree I get some painful ones and when I over do it there bad but if they worry you just mention it to your doc next time your there!!!
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

June 22nd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rest as much as you can and try and and really up your water intake.
Take care.
June 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM
Thank you for the advice ladies! I am vowing to take it easy all day today, except for some light cleaning.. I'll suggest our friends come here for dinner and go somewhere close, rather than drive somewhere far or cook. If I chill during the day and just do light activity at night it should be ok. DH asked me if I wanted to go out on a boat tomorrow - normally I'd LOVE to but I declined. I can't imagine right now, ha. I'm sitting with my laptop now, feet up, drinking water and a little coffee.. I hope to stay in this sun room all day!
June 22nd, 2013, 07:39 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds like a good plan! We were in Chicago for the week and did lots of walking (not fast!) and I had a TON of braxton hicks too. I just keep thinking...they are prepping me for labor, they are good... I totally get it though. I'm feeling like a super preggo lady and I'm not even that close yet!

June 22nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Julie
I hope you feel better soon, the BH can get kind of aggravating.

June 22nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get contractions just walking the dog. Definitely put your feet up. You should be able to manage dinner if you rest during the day, but only if you feel up to it.
June 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a plan to me! Keep hydrated and stay off those feet lady! Doctor Amber orders

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 24th, 2013, 04:42 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
It does sound like you were over doing it. I hope your resting time did wonders for you!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I think that was it - while I did have contractions, they weren't also followed by any pain.. And when I was honest about it everybody stepped up a little more. I came out last night after stepping away for a minute to change and saw the group had broken down dinner and got everything put away!

I know now I have to actually take it easier preggo. Your mind wants to do a lot but your body makes you pay for it. I don't know how New Yorkers (since my issues were exacerbated with subways and walking etc), preggos working tough jobs, and BTDT moms do it - life is hard enough w/o all the extra activity.
June 24th, 2013, 05:21 AM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
Drink alot of water and relax as much as you can. Lounge in bed for a few days and stay off those feet!
June 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I try to balance everything out--if I'm going to have a busy day, I don't plan anything else so I have time to rest and plan to have the next day as a more relaxing day.
Anitha and CountryMedic911 like this.

June 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Veteran
Glad you're feeling better. I think flying is harder on your body than we realize (esp when pregnant). I flew around 13 weeks, and I felt like fainting part of the flight and it took a few days to recover. Probably got extra dehydrated - maybe that happened to you too. I know what you mean about having to ignore your brain so your body can catch up. I took a hike with the dog the other day and about 5 miles in (1 mile from coming home), my ankles and feet just completely freaked out on me. I guess that's just a sign of what's to come!
June 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
BostonmamaSue12's Avatar Veteran
I just came from the dr and complained about the same thing and she said my uterus is just irritated from doing too much and to try to do less lifting, bending and walking..hope you are feeling better!

Expecting #3 on September 30th! ITS A BOY!!

June 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope you are feeling better! Last Monday was that way for me...I just did way too much over the weekend and by Sunday night, I was have way too many BH and my pelvic floor felt like it was abt to fall off! I totally took it easy the next cpl daya nd felt like a new person by Wednesday!

June 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is sweet that your guests were helping out. I think it can be hard for first time moms but let people help you now and after the baby comes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search