Comfy or cute?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 2 Post By SierraWinter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Which are you going to do for baby's coming home outfit? I know pretty much all the clothes they make now are comfy for baby, but I can't decide on just a cute little sleeper or the little dress that I bought. I am sure the dress would be comfy, but it just seems like a sleeper would be more comfy for the trip home. Not sure how many people I will come across on the day we come home. I guess it really depends on what day of the week it is. If it is a weekend day then I will most likely see more people. I am fine either way.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 24th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do comfortable, but boy's are easier I think!

June 24th, 2013, 08:50 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got a cute outfit dress for Chloe and did a little sleeper for Alexis. It is hard to decide! I think we may do the sleeper/romper this time again. Just because I love them wearing their coming home outfit as much as possible and I know I'm more likely to put him in a sleeper more than a full outfit. They go through so many clothes at this age that we mostly do just onesies/sleepers anyway.

June 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
going cute for pic but comfy for going home
June 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Going to go with comfy i'd say!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
June 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Probably just a onesie and pants or a sleeper.. after all, he will be sleeping a lot!
June 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Comfy.

Thankfully there are so many cute sleepers these days that I think you can kill two birds with one stone.

I don't really use anything besides sleepers, onesies, layette type clothes until they are a few months old.
June 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Comfy. I'm going to go for a shirt and pants deal. The onsies last time snagged a lot on Winter's cord stump.

Bring a really cute outfit for the hospital if you want. Most places take "first" pictures of baby now. I brought a pretty dress for that last time, but after pics were done, back to shirts and pants. Alice's hospital gave us a free print, and then we just had onsies. Winter's wanted to charge us for them, but we didn't buy them. They didn't look too good IMO. Cute dress was on, though!
June 24th, 2013, 01:54 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I did cute and comfy, with my daughter I did more cute. this time baby will be home when born, and I think I may just find the most cute thing I can find for our first outing... especially if it is a girl.
What I did for my daughter though was pretty comfy too, just a long sleeved hearted onesie, with a crochet jacket booties and hat, and a little tutu I made out of a silky material.

June 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting a onesie with a tie on it and some matching pants.

But I have to ask...what is the point in a coming home outfit? haha Honestly, when I get home, I hope to he** that nobody is AT my home. I want to have at least a few hours of alone time before the hordes of people start flowing in. Shouldn't it be a "day after coming home" outfit, for when the visitors show up?
QL1516 likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm going back and forth between these two:

Disadvantage to football is getting her in a car seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyrae03 View Post
But I have to ask...what is the point in a coming home outfit? haha Honestly, when I get home, I hope to he** that nobody is AT my home. I want to have at least a few hours of alone time before the hordes of people start flowing in. Shouldn't it be a "day after coming home" outfit, for when the visitors show up?
Pictures!!!!! My cousin left the hospital with their new baby girl a few days ago, their mom took tons of pics as they were leaving the hospital
QL1516 and jamieshalon2 like this.
June 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Probably a sleeper to come home in then a cute outfit for pictures

June 24th, 2013, 06:18 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness I LOVE that white outfit!!!

For us, in the hospital they have to wear their little shirt/onesies, so this would be the first outfit they put on. It's just kinda one of those "Aw, this is the first outfit you wore and came home in!" things.

I'm still on the hunt for a perfect outfit. I think we may do something football ish. I really want to get him a Michigan Wolverines crocheted football helmet, homemake a football blanket, and now I just need to find something that will match.... probably something Wolverines.

June 24th, 2013, 07:24 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jenny I agree with the PP, it is for pictures and sentiment... their 'first outfit' even if the hospital lets you change their clothes while in the hospital it is good to just use what they give you there cause then you don't have to worry about getting sticky tar poop off any of the cute stuff you just bought in case of a poop while wiping (which frequently happens).

June 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
*Lana*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a cute outfit for DD--but she was to big for it, so the pants were on the short side (it was a newborn size). This time it will be cute/comfy. Something along the lines of the white gown above. I saved DD's orbit in the box with her special stuff.

June 24th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Comfy! Mine usually come home in a Bonds Wondersuit

Mama to -
DD15, DD14, DD12, DS10, DS5, DD2

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 25th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Jenny, I know that I will have family there when I get home, lol. My grandma lives next door, my aunts will be there and my brother and SIL. Most people will filter in over the weekend, unless I come home on a weekend day, then I am sure people will be in and out all day. Honestly, I like it that way though. I am alone the whole time in hospital and I am ready for visitors by that point

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
June 25th, 2013, 06:02 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm nervously letting DH pick the coming home outfit. Wish Susan and I luck, ladies lol

If he epically fails in this though, I'll have a back up...Probably the cute first sleeper we picked out for her that he said "No," to coming home in

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Last edited by FishermansWife4; June 25th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
June 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I have all of these outfits right now.

These are my comfy choices. The little layette of these sets.
Carter's Infant Girl's Layette Set - Monkey - Baby - Baby & Toddler Clothing - Layette Collections & Gift Sets
or this sleeper set
Carter's 4-Piece Infant Girl's Layette Set - Elephant - Baby - Baby & Toddler Clothing - Collections & Sets

Or this cute little dress
Carter's Infant Girl's Knit Dress & Cardigan - Polka Dot - Baby - Baby & Toddler Clothing - Dresswear

Guess I gotta decide which route to go, lol.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search