Baby Shower

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsHoot

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd been kinda down lately and called my mom and she told me that she wanted to plan me a baby shower. I couldn't have asked for one, this is my third baby, and I have like everything I need, but I'd been thinking about the fact that this is the first time I've been any where near my family while pregnant, she took all my thoughts and put them into her own words.
She said that since I'd not been in the state for other babies and none of the family had been able to have a shower for me she wanted to have one. I'm very excited. I think we decided to wait until after baby was born though because I live 3 hours away from most of the family and then they can all see the baby too. Otherwise since we are not finding out the babies gender she said it would make it more fun for people to shop if they knew...lol. I mostly only want them to get me diapers, but oh well, I've kept special boxes of clothes for my other kids, things they wore on a special occasion, and it would be nice for this baby to have a box of things like that that were not worn by their sister or brother.

June 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's great that she's going to have a shower for you! I really think that nowadays it isn't such a big deal to have a shower after your first baby - I know it used to kind of be "against the rules" or not proper etiquette, but I think people now really just like to celebrate babies, and don't care how many you have!
June 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, that's great!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 24th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a meet the baby shower with my first. It's nice for everyone to see the baby. I hope the idea cheers you up! I have been feeling down lately too
June 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Allison that ultrasound picture is the cutest EVER!

June 25th, 2013, 04:15 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
That is so wonderful. What a terrific idea to let them all meet the baby that way.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 25th, 2013, 05:57 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I'm glad you're getting another shower which can include family and friends who previously weren't able to be included.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That will be really nice! I think a meet the baby shower is a really good idea. I've gotten a comment from MIL when she didn't know if we were finding out gender or not...something along the lines of "you're not gonna let it be a surprise and make everyone wait to shop for you, are you?" Well, yes, actually we are! haha.
slmehaffey likes this.

June 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Erin, I totally expected that reaction from my family but they have all surprisingly been very supportive of us not finding out, though I think it is mostly because I already have one of each gender so they feel like it is ok for me to wait.. though they do want to buy things.
I've told them white and yellow are this kids colors so if they buy with those colors in mind then they should be safe...lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search