Good news & bad news....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2013, 09:52 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had contractions a few days ago and DH took me to labor and delivery as my doctor had instructed (due to how short my cervix was). They did an ultrasound which showed my cervix length as normal. Say wah???? The hospital pulled my ultrasounds from the month prior and it was normal then as well. The ultrasonographer said perhaps it shortened, then went back to normal size. Not possible dude.

So the good news is my doctor royally screwed up reading my ultrasound and my cervix length is normal. Praise God! An answer to prayer but totally unexpected. The bad news is my doctor royally screwed up measuring my cervix, freaked us all out, had us, our family and friends all worried. Uhhh, I know doctors are human but that was a whopper. The doctor in labor and delivery wouldn't even see us or talk to us, he sent the nurse in to say they wouldn't contradict any orders my doctor had previously given (i.e. bed rest) and that I needed to talk to him.

My doctor left for vacation and isn't back till this week (have an appt Thursday when hes back). But I did get in to see the doctor he works with, he (thankfully) had the guts to contradict my doc and admitted it was a screw up and full bed rest was unnecessary. Woohoooo!!!!!!!!!

My doctors colleague said I should be on pelvic rest the remainder of the pregnancy because of the polyp, which seems extreme to me. He also thinks the stabbing pain I've been getting in my belly button area is a hernia. But he insists till I talk to my doc - pelvic rest, take it easy with only light stuff around the house, still no travel till baby gets here.

Im torn about what a relief it is, and trying not to think about what a screw up it was. DH thinks doc mixed up inches and centimeters because its almost what the numbers would be if you mixed them up. Eesh.
June 24th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear that everything is good with your cervix, but you're right, that is a massive stuff up & unnecessary stress!

Mama to -
DD15, DD14, DD12, DS10, DS5, DD2

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 25th, 2013, 03:52 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crazy they could mess that up!! So glad everything is well with your cervix though!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
June 25th, 2013, 04:06 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
wow, that is quite a mix up. I am so glad that it isn't right though. woo-hoo!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 25th, 2013, 05:12 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Wow! Well.. good news?!

I would continue working with that doctor IF they apologized and owned it. Bed rest for months - oops? That is a whopper!
June 25th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it was a mess up in the right direction, but still, that would shake my confidence in my doctor too. I guess I would see how he reacts and how you feel at the next appointment. Doctors are human and it is inevitable that they will make a mistake, but if you feel like you are going to question his advice from here on out, or if he doesn't apologize, it might be better to switch.
June 25th, 2013, 05:54 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad to hear your cervix length is normal but WOWZERS! What a fail on your doctor's part. I, also, understand doctors are human, but REALLY? Messing up something THAT badly? I hope when you go to your appointment Thursday you get a huge apology. I know it won't make up for what he previously said but it's a start, maybe?

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 25th, 2013, 06:41 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That is crazy. It would be so nice to not be on bedrest anymore, which has to make you feel good! On the other hand, you would never have been on bedrest in the first place if your doc hadn't f'ed up!

June 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad you are okay! I would be royally mad if that happened to me too!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 25th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to my pregnancy! It's been a flipping rollercoaster and I'm afraid of my doctor delivering this baby now because I don't trust her. My only hope is that the high risk doctor has to deliver.
June 25th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you guys found out now. What a relief.
And sheesh, what a mix up!
June 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Leah
Wow. At least the partner owned up to it, I guess...? I'd hate changing doctors, but he he responds would definitely play into whether I did. Yay for no bed rest at least.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 25th, 2013, 09:57 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate to switch docs at this point, and he's been so good with everything up until now. But it is worrisome. He doesn't seem like the arrogant type (like so many doc are), and he did a great job taking care of me through the months of Hyperemesis gravidarum. I'll have to see what he says on Thursday....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search