Weird Pregnancy Things

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 2 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By Cccbb61013
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 2 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By mizza411

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
So like I smell like a hamster cage. Hamster BO. So weird. Take a bath, smear lots of smell good stuff on, and 12 hours later: HAMSTER CAGE SWEAT.

Also going to the bathroom sucks. How can you have a hard time going when nothing is hard? What's up with this? I have run to the bathroom maybe 5 times a day the past week with a sudden need to go, and nothing happens! When it does happen, it shouldn't have had a problem, KWIM?

My left foot hurts. Just the left one!

Weird pregnancy things for you?
June 25th, 2013, 06:13 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have weird thumps...but not always in my belly. Sometimes it's a thump to the leg or a thump to the arm. What's up with that?

I'm itchy in my legs, arms, feet even, but not belly ?!

My hip hurts but it's only one hip and it's closer to the thigh than the actual hip.

I get really hungry, then I lose my appetite with the drop of a hat.

Sigh...Pregnancy is beautifully weird.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
June 25th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
"Also going to the bathroom sucks. How can you have a hard time going when nothing is hard? What's up with this? I have run to the bathroom maybe 5 times a day the past week with a sudden need to go, and nothing happens! When it does happen, it shouldn't have had a problem, KWIM?"

Make sure you don't have a UTI! A few weeks back I asked a coworker who is pregnant with her 3rd if each baby sits a little lower (I had heard that before) bc this little guy was making me feel like I had to pee constantly. She asked if I was sure I didn't have a UTI (I had no idea bc I never had one b4) as another one of our pregnant coworkers had one as well. We did a quick test and sure enough I did! After antibiotic treatment, I don't have that chronic need to go/nothing coming out. Just a suggestion!
June 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccbb61013 View Post
Make sure you don't have a UTI!
I actually get those regularly. My parents spanked and one day hit too high. Permanent kidney damage. The doctor explained it once about all of that...why the frequent UTI's, but in short I have any UTI covered. lol I have system. But no, I'm not talking about pee. Peeing is not the problem! Maybe the baby is sitting on my colon? Kicking a nerve in my intestines? I dunno.

Amber: I hate those muscle spasms! With DD1 I had a month where my left eyelid twitched. All day!

And I forgot about that weird hip/butt pain. If I walk too long, it feels like I'm being jabbed in the tailbone with an ice pick.
June 25th, 2013, 07:23 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post

Also going to the bathroom sucks. How can you have a hard time going when nothing is hard? What's up with this? I have run to the bathroom maybe 5 times a day the past week with a sudden need to go, and nothing happens! When it does happen, it shouldn't have had a problem, KWIM?
This. Exactly. The other day I told my husband "Why does it feel like my stomach is going to fall out my butt, but I'm constipated all at the same time?" Seriously, not cool.
Spyctre likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Leah
Ladies, welcome to your pseudo irritable bowel syndrome. As someone with IBS, I'm actually not running into that problem. It's like Opposite Day.
Spyctre and FishermansWife4 like this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
June 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
[QUOTE=Spyctre;27477009][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I actually get those regularly. My parents spanked and one day hit too high. Permanent kidney damage. The doctor explained it once about all of that...why the frequent UTI's, but in short I have any UTI covered. lol I have system. But no, I'm not talking about pee. Peeing is not the problem! Maybe the baby is sitting on my colon? Kicking a nerve in my intestines? I dunno.

Haha, my bad girl! When I'm on here on my phone, I tend to miss things when I'm reading. Obviously, sometimes very important things. Sorry!
Now that I took my time and re-read it. Yes, totally understand !
Spyctre likes this.
June 25th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had the same bathroom issues, but only today so far. It's frustrating!

Also, I don't know if anyone else gets them, but skin tags! I have two under one arm and have to be careful not to shave over them, ouch! Also, my gland is so super swollen on the other side I can't comfortably wear tank tops because it's really visible on the one side. Oh joy!
June 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Mizza, my skin gets sensitive or more so when I am pregnant. Maybe a blocked sweat gland from deodorant? I had that once. It hurt! Of course my grandmother told me with all seriousness that I had breast cancer, and I spent the night crying before going to the doctor and paying $75 to find that out.
mizza411 likes this.
June 26th, 2013, 04:13 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Weird, but I am TOTALLY loving it.

Back story... when I was younger I could wear any type/brand of deodorant and it all worked great on me. When I got pregnant with Tristen in 2000 all deodorants stopped working. I had to get the clinical strength stuff and it still didn't work too great. Not smell, but sweat. It was horrible. It seemed to get worse with each child.

Now....well now I am back to being able to wear any brand again and it is wonderful. I am sooooo happy that my body/hormones finally got back to normal again.
Spyctre and soul_donut like this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
June 26th, 2013, 05:45 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My favorite part right now is that my leg hair growth has slowed down a ton. I was always one of those who was stubbly by 5 pm and now I only have to shave once every 4 days!

Weird part- every pregnancy I get a skin tag or a dark spot somewhere "down there". I get it pretty early on and my last one didn't go away....hate that!!

June 26th, 2013, 06:07 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
@Jamie and Arwen - so weird about the deodorants! I find I have a cycle with that too. Right now I can only use Degree. Secret makes me sweat and smell more, and Dove, forget it. However, since PG I haven't gotten AS sweaty as usual (though I'm always hot) which is a nice treat.

I have just had the typical stuff - a random hair popping out on my belly every once in a while, blemishes/dark spots on my skin taking a little longer to even out, spider veins. My nails and hair have been fantastic. My feet are a little bigger.. I had to loosen my sandal straps (and those babies were precise, since they're my main form of shoe). I sure hope it stops there, because I have a ton of cute sandals that I would miss if I outgrew them.
June 26th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
My feet are so freakishly wide after these pregnancies! Like the regular W shoe does not cut it! I hate it. I don't see any of my friends with wide feet. =P
June 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Julie
Um...embarrassing but swollen lady bits have happened recently. I am just hoping that means he is head down and looowww...I beleive I had to be induced last time because he was high up even toward the end

June 26th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Arwen, I had the gland checked out at my 19 week ultrasounds and everything was ok. I showed it to both my midwives and my doctor and all seem to think it's benign and just part of pregnancy, so I'm not worried about it, just embarrassed by the look of it. I stopped using regular deodorant and made my own out of natural products. It hasn't made the swelling go down, but at least I feel like I'm not blocking anything further. Plus I love the scent of my homemade deodorant!!
Spyctre likes this.
June 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ladies with skin tags I hear you! I've not gotten brave enough to do it, but according to some doctor show, I really can't remember which one, but you can tie them off with dental floss and they will fall off pretty much a free solution... and they said it isn't painful but can be itchy while the blood stops flowing to the skin tag. I'm considering doing this to the moles I have, two on my back and one under my arm... I really want to get rid of them, they get bigger with every pregnancy.

June 27th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ummmm hemmies? Ugh I hope these either go away after pregnancy or I need to get them removed. So not cute.
June 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've noticed a lot more peach fuzz all over my body lately. Also, my belly and bum crack (TMI) itches like crazy by the end of the day no matter how much I moisturize them! OH and every time I stand up I immediately have to pee.

June 27th, 2013, 03:04 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I forgot to mention the smell... with my son I swore our new neighbors were smoking outside all the time and I could smell it... with my daughter I realized that my own BO smelt like cigarette smoke, I couldn't stand myself, I feel so incredibly blessed this time to say that I have not smelt like cigarettes this pregnancy!

June 27th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
Ladies with skin tags I hear you! I've not gotten brave enough to do it, but according to some doctor show, I really can't remember which one, but you can tie them off with dental floss and they will fall off pretty much a free solution... and they said it isn't painful but can be itchy while the blood stops flowing to the skin tag. I'm considering doing this to the moles I have, two on my back and one under my arm... I really want to get rid of them, they get bigger with every pregnancy.
I get skin tags in general, and got a bunch last pregnancy. You can also just cut them off.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search