update

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By margaloves
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran
I had an ultrasound and doctors appointment yesterday and everything went well. The placenta moved so I no longer have placenta previa so that is good news. The doctor said I no longer have to be on pelvic rest. The babies looked pretty cute in the ultrasound, the little girl was 2lbs and the boy was just a little over 2lbs. My doctor still doesn't want me to leave the city because of the risks of pre-term labour with twins. My family has a camping trip planned in a month and I am pretty disappointed I can not go, but I would feel pretty foolish if something were to happen while I was gone.
slmehaffey likes this.
June 28th, 2013, 03:25 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad all is looking well! Sucks about the camping trip, but whatever keeps those babies safe!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
June 28th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Julie
It's great that the babies are doing well, bummer about the trip though. I would have declined too though, to be safe.

June 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
"Shay-see"
Hooray!! sounds like good news all around!

Bummer about the trip, though. Knowing me, I'd go anyway. ...but I'm a bad influence.

June 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad all is well. My OB said she thinks my placenta moved up too, but I have an appt on the 11th with the MFM to confirm.

For the camping trip, I would probably go too, but that is only cause I missed out on a lot of stuff with my first just because my doctor told me to stick close. Provided you can get to a hospital within an hour, I think you should be good. Maybe just avoid 10 mile hikes into the wilderness
margaloves likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 28th, 2013, 01:29 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Glad you no longer have previa!! Does that mean the dr will deliver them naturally?

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

Baby Grayson born sleeping at 39w pg due to thrombophelia;
Protein S and Protein C deficient, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
(10/16/13)- 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22"

My Chart
June 28th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Veteran
yes, i can have them vaginally now, but he did strongly encourage an epidural. I didnt have one with my daughter and was hoping to do it without again, but I think I may go for the epidural now. The thing is if the second baby gets in a strange position after the first baby is born they actually stick their hand inside me to manipulate the baby out of me. I kind of want to be medicated if that has to happen.
June 29th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to hear that the placenta has moved, that is great news

If you're not keen on a epidural, maybe see if they can do a 'light' one, so that you can still move around/walk & are able to get into a good position to birth

Mama to -
DD15, DD14, DD12, DS10, DS5, DD2

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
June 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Glad everything went good!!!
5 time HG survivor, AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 01/11/05, Kaiah 7 1/2 07/1/06,
Kayda 6 01/12/08, Katara 2 02/10/12
Korra 10/10/13
June 29th, 2013, 10:38 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad babies are doing well! I'd go with the epidural too if someone were going to have to move baby #2 around
June 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
if you do end up with the epidural I'd look into a peanut ball if I were you... I understand your concern, but I've heard great things about laboring with a peanut ball, and there are lots of things you can do to encourage your labor while having an epidural with it.
If you decide not to do the epidural though I met a twin mama once who delivered vaginally and had them pull baby number two out like that, she says it isn't fun, but you forget it like you would any other part of labor.. not that you forget it all together, but that it is just another part of the process and you don't think much about it later.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search