24 Week Appointment.....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By allysmomma
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly
  • 2 Post By Lotsakids

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, had my 24 wk OB appt. All has been good for about the last few weeks after I realized the 2-3 gallons of milk, a week, was making me hurt. Heard baby's heartbeat and then was measured....I measure 3 weeks bigger than what I am and I've only gained 6 lbs.????? I have felt pretty big this pregnancy and now I know why!!! I saw a different Dr. and she said since the US was good, she wasn't too worried, however, since it was over 2 cm's difference, she may schedule another US, but was going to leave it up to my reg Dr. Here's to a happy and healthy remaining 16 weeks!!

Anyone else measure bigger and what ended up happening or what did your dr say?

June 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Sounds like you may have too much amniotic fluid. Have you been checked for GD yet?
Allisonjuly likes this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

June 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
No, thats at my next appointment, 4 weeks from now. I've never had it before. I've had all sorts of "TMI" issues this pregnancy tho and I figured they would check me this last go around to see if i'm leaking or what not, but no they didn't...kinda frustrated. They really didn't act too concerned unless it's a continual problem, but one thing is, I measured slightly bigger, don't know by how much, on my previous appt., but my Dr. didn't tell me that either...I'm kinda feeling like WTHeck????!!!!!

June 29th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I always measured big with mine. At one point, I was like "47 weeks" along with DD1. I was really swollen with her because of pre-e.

My last pregnancy I got so many u/s because she said I measured too big. Every single one was fine. I honestly think it was how she was measuring me. She would make me take my belly part of my pants below the belly then she would measure the bunched up fabric with my belly. I've noticed it works better to just leave that band up. More accurate. The fabric normally lays flat!

My new doctor doesn't ever break out the tape measure. She's pretty hands off. The first appointment she didn't even check my uterus size like my other OB's. Pap smear only because I hadn't had one in a year.

It may mean you have too much fluid which can make it easier for the cord to go around baby's neck. Or so they told me. Repeatedly. "Now go drink these 32 oz of water and get your u/s in an hour!"

I hate that freaking tape measure. lol
allysmomma likes this.

3 on Earth and 7 in Heaven Hoping to get knocked up in 2016...sometimes.
http://arwenart.com
June 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead too, feel swollen and huge, yet only have a net weight gain of 8lbs. Because my baby was so uncooperative, that major ultrasound that we have at 5 or 6 months, I had to have 3 times, so I'm sure that the baby is a normal size and fine - it's only my uterus that's bigger than normal. The midwife isn't concerned about it at all; if anything, she thinks it's normal because my uterus has been stretched out a couple of times already.
allysmomma likes this.
June 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got measured for the first time yesterday at my 23 week apt. I measured 24cm, but she said that was perfect. I have had a little more swelling in hands and feet recently too. Maybe just retaining water? I was also down a 1.5 lbs from my last apt on the 12th, for a total of 8 lbs gained so far! I'm not sure what to think about that.
allysmomma likes this.

June 29th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
With my last baby I measured large so they induced me. When they broke my water a lot of fluid came out and kept coming out. The nurses commented on it. He was born with the cord wrapped around him 3 times and the doc showed me after it was cut that it was 3 feet long! Baby did not end up being as large as they thought.
June 29th, 2013, 08:05 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by allysmomma View Post
No, thats at my next appointment, 4 weeks from now. I've never had it before. I've had all sorts of "TMI" issues this pregnancy tho and I figured they would check me this last go around to see if i'm leaking or what not, but no they didn't...kinda frustrated. They really didn't act too concerned unless it's a continual problem, but one thing is, I measured slightly bigger, don't know by how much, on my previous appt., but my Dr. didn't tell me that either...I'm kinda feeling like WTHeck????!!!!!
Get a glucose monitor from like Walmart and check it at home. The best one I found was TrueResult. The test strips are dirt cheap on Amazon and the monitor is like $10. The best time to check it is first thing in the am and 2hrs after a normal meal. Fasting should be under 95 and 2hrs post meal should be under 120.
allysmomma likes this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

June 29th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You mean fundal measurement?

I put no stock in it whatsoever.

I've measured weeks ahead, weeks behind, & with one pregnancy they were freaking out because I was measuring 5 weeks behind. That baby came out 8lb.8oz. I am currenly measuring 2 weeks behind & if this baby is under 8lb I'll be genuinely surprised

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
June 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel bigger this time too. I wonder if I have a lot more amniotic fluid than the last two times. Depending on who you ask, I look small or super big, lol.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
June 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the fundal height is average for most women, and isn't accurate alone, there are a few things you have to know, 1. you are not average, you are you. 2. your pregnancy is not average, it is this pregnancy. 3. every provider will measure you differently so if this provider measures you 3 weeks ahead but your normal one measures you one week ahead it is probably just the provider, not you. 4. one measurement alone wont tell you anything, you need multiple measurements over the course of your pregnancy done by the same person.
I wouldn't worry, I had polyhydraminos (sp? extra amniotic fluid) with my daughter but never measured big at all.

June 30th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I sure hope I don't have the "cord" issue to worry about, how scary. I really don't want GD either, b/c doesn't that make you prone to diabetes later in life?

I was actually measured by two diff people that day, neither of which are my regular dr., but they stated my dr had wrote I measured bigger the last time, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about and I'll know more of course at my next appt.

June 30th, 2013, 02:21 PM
it can. If your doctor orders another ultrasound ask them what your amniotic fluid level is, normal is around 15cm I think. I had 32cm with my daughter, she had SO much room to move around it was hilarious.. that is another way you as a mama can tell if you have a lot, is at the end of pregnancy baby is still moving around like it has a ton of space you probably have more fluid than average.

June 30th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Ok...will that cause baby not to be head down if it can just swim all over the place? I know it sounds like a silly question, but it sounds logical in my mind...lol

June 30th, 2013, 02:54 PM
it is totally a logical question... and it wont cause your baby to be in the wrong position but it can make it easier for baby to get in the wrong position. I'd just keep it in check, if your doctor mentions breech position then start doing exercises to encourage it to turn back head down. I wouldn't do them if baby is head down though. If head up and you want to help turn him/her just get down on your hands and knees then lower your head to the floor keeping your butt high in the air and do that a few times a day to encourage him/her to turn.
Edited to add: stay in that butt up head down position as long as you comfortably can.

June 30th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Fundal height is always off for me by weeks, I put no stock in them either!!!!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

July 1st, 2013, 05:05 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
They have just recently started checking funal height, but I have been measuring where it is supposed to be so far.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search