2 Hour Glucose

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By The Purple Butterfly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I went for the two hour glucose test on Friday and passed- hurray! It was brutal though, the stuff didn't taste too bad I had fruit punch but being poked three times hurt, fasting for 12+ hours was torture and having to sit in a boring lab for two and half hours was just ughhhhh.

I also checked my results and I have slightly low red blood cell count, which I read was normal in the second and third tri's. I am afraid I'm slightly anemic though so my boyfriend cooked me steak and I drank orange juice (vitamin c helps absorbtion of iron). I surprisngly have a lot more energy and I hope the low count didn't affect the baby.

Anyone do the glucose test yet or have any experience with anemia during pregnancy??
June 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
My doc didn't tell me to fast.. just not to drink or eat anything crazy out of the ordinary and sugary before my test! I hope everything goes ok.

Steak and OJ sounds surprisingly good to me. I'm sure baby was fine but I bet he enjoyed the meal
June 30th, 2013, 10:15 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc told me not to fast this time as well, just to eat my usual breakfast, nothing too sweet. But with my other 2 babies I had to fast, weird. I've had low blood count by the 3rd trimester with both my babies, I'm almost betting I do again now this time. Baby is always fine though! Its more like the baby is taking all your iron, so he/she is fine, but you are low I think!
Rosiegirl7 likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

June 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby will take what it needs from your system and leave you depleted if you are low on anything that it needs, so don't worry about baby...
I can't believe they made you fast 12 hours. Every doctor is different but my nurse told me not to eat so I listed to her and I got a lecture from my midwife (first pregnancy) about how it wouldn't be accurate if I didn't eat like I normally eat every day...lol. I ended up not eating from bedtime the night before all the way till 1-1:30pm the next day after my appointment that was scheduled for 10am. After drinking the sugar gunk I felt kinda queezy and then when they drew my blood I passed out and puked all over myself... it was awesome. LOL.

June 30th, 2013, 01:48 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 View Post
Anyone do the glucose test yet or have any experience with anemia during pregnancy??
I was found anemic last pregnancy, but i literally took iron for two weeks and that seemed to do the trick..I didn't eat a lot of meat last pregnancy, same with this one. I have to do my glucose test next appt which is approx 4 wks out. Nothing to be worried about really.

June 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Julie
I have to do a one hour glucose in the next 4 Weeks. I don't think I have to fast. I've been anemic at the end of all my pregnancies. I'm told just to take iron pills.

June 30th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take mine before my next appt. I failed the 1 hour with my first ptegnancy and I ate a piece of toast, an egg and a glass of milk. I am fasting with this one because I do not want to fail! The 3 hour is torture.

July 1st, 2013, 03:59 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am supposed to take my one hour one sometime this week. Not looking forward to it. I was told no food after midnight. I am hoping to get in early in the morning so that I am not hungry for too long.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay glad you passed and got that out of the way. Mine is scheduled a cpl of weeks from now...its just the one hr no-fast test. Hope I pass!

July 1st, 2013, 09:38 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
YAY for passing!!! You should probably get on an iron supplement. Especially since you'll lose a lot of blood at the birth which will only bring your numbers lower.
Rosiegirl7 likes this.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

July 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your tips! I will get iron supplement and good luck to you all on your tests!
July 1st, 2013, 06:24 PM
Veteran
Woohoo for passing. I'm hoping not to have to do it as every. time. I drink the gunk I vomit profusely.
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013
July 1st, 2013, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my 1-hr last Friday and I'm pretty sure I flunked. They said no news is good news and I got a voicemail today saying they wanted to talk to me about lab results. Not good. I failed both with my oldest son.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm supposed to take my one hour in either my 25th or 26th week. They said not to eat 2 hours before. Fingers crossed I pass, as I did with my other kids!
July 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
I had mine this past Saturday and I had to fast too but it said for at least 8 hours prior so I made an 8:30am appt. Mine numbers can back with flags too and low red cells but my doctor followed up with a message that although they note flagged, I'm fine. The supplement of iron I get from my prenatals should be sufficient. I was anemic with my daughter and had to take additional iron.... glad she gave me the A-OK on this one!

July 3rd, 2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druslady96 View Post
I had mine this past Saturday and I had to fast too but it said for at least 8 hours prior so I made an 8:30am appt. Mine numbers can back with flags too and low red cells but my doctor followed up with a message that although they note flagged, I'm fine. The supplement of iron I get from my prenatals should be sufficient. I was anemic with my daughter and had to take additional iron.... glad she gave me the A-OK on this one!
Yes exact same happened to me. It was flagged as Low but my doc said it was normal in this stage.
July 3rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay for passing!!

Im slightly anemic non pregnant... and it gets worse pregnant. Im on iron pills and thry seem to be working. I have to be careful with meat because I developed gall stones this pregnancy and meat brings on an attack.

July 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm 26 weeks tomorrow and my next appt is next week. I was told I do the test at the appt after that. 30 weeks???? I hate my doctor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search