"Natural Childbirth" just became snobbish to me.

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree61Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
And birth PTSD SUCKS!!!! I had it after having a C-section with my daughter in which I felt them cut me open, and then was out for the actual birth....
Thank you, and YIKES! My doctor said we could try a saddle block if I decide to get a cesarean, but I will more than likely need to be put under.

With my first it wasn't the pain that gave me the PTSD. It was the staff. I hate the term, but I believe Birth Rape is the only way I can describe my first birth. I was at a different hospital and prepared to be a complete ***** at my second birth, but the nurses there were so attentive and listened so well that I didn't need to be.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
July 10th, 2013, 06:23 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I will say this.....

everyone has their own opinions and of course what they choose is always the best.

For me I know what I would like to have happen for birthing, but I would not sit there and be some high and mighty I will judge everyone else who didn't do it like me.

People like that put such a bad taste in my mouth.

I wished I could have a homebirth and I was told by some all natural crunchy people that I can, doesn't matter what the doctors say, they aren't open minded and they just want things on their schedule.....

well with that baby.... had I forced it and done a homebirth, I very well could have bled out and and died at home since he did come all natural, no meds nothing and within 10 minutes of birth I started to hemorrhage very bad. I was near passing out and all. Thank goodness I was at the hospital cuz they were able to get the meds I needed and everything else done right away. So those who were on that crunchy/natural is the only way wagon were SO wrong!

Now with that being said.... I have had a births that were great experiences with an epidural and great experiences with everything totally all natural. On the flip side I have had horrible experiences with births that were with an epidural.

For me personally all natural would be my preferred route, would I judge others who don't do it my way no.

Some people don't have a choice but to have a csec.... I understand. I don't understand elective csec, but I would guess those who choose them are aware of the risk as well. For me I would want to avoid a csec by all costs as I wouldn't want the recovery, nor does the thought of being on a table strapped down and awake during a surgery appeal to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search