hypnobabies moms-have you started yet?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mizza411

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
If not, when do you plan to? I'll start in 3 weeks or so, right around 26 weeks...

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

July 5th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, i started a few nights ago but then we went to my in laws for the holiday and I didn't listen to the cds at all. I will try again tomorrow night. I do love hypnobabies results and the partner scripts but I hate laying down and doing the cds. I'm not sure why, i usually just fall asleep. I am starting pretty far out. I think I only started them at 30 weeks last time.

Are you looking forward to starting?

July 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing hyp birth (or trying it out) which is similar to hypnobabies. I tried one cd out last week and almost fell asleep, but I'm glad it was so relaxing! This program recommends 7 times for each cd, is that what hypnobabies does?

July 5th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I start hypnobirthing classes on Tuesday. Read the book and listened to the CD last night for the first time, fell asleep, but book said that was ok as you're still getting the right messages.

Can't wait to take the classes with DH, will be just past 27 weeks then, so lots of time to practice.
July 5th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Veteran
I really want to do hypnobirthing, but there is no way it's happening.
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013
July 6th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHoot View Post
I'm doing hyp birth (or trying it out) which is similar to hypnobabies. I tried one cd out last week and almost fell asleep, but I'm glad it was so relaxing! This program recommends 7 times for each cd, is that what hypnobabies does?
Yeah, some cds are more some are less. What was your first cd about? In hypno babies it is about creating a quiet safe place that you can go to in your mind with your baby when you are in labor. Mine is nursing the baby in my bed with Sawyer and DH reading books next to us.

July 6th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by walelia2 View Post
I really want to do hypnobirthing, but there is no way it's happening.

Why not?
July 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizza411 View Post
Why not?
Can't afford to do two classes or have a doula. My birth center wants a birthing class, and if it's hypnobirth/babies they want an alternate method as well if it's your first child. They say just hypno is fine if you have a doula, but we can't afford that right now. Me having to stop working at the beginning of my pregnancy threw us for a loop financially.
July 7th, 2013, 07:14 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by walelia2 View Post
Can't afford to do two classes or have a doula. My birth center wants a birthing class, and if it's hypnobirth/babies they want an alternate method as well if it's your first child. They say just hypno is fine if you have a doula, but we can't afford that right now. Me having to stop working at the beginning of my pregnancy threw us for a loop financially.
Ask your doula if they have a home study! That's where I got mine.

The first cd was basically a relaxation one, focusing on a point in the room and deep relaxation.

July 7th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsHoot View Post
Ask your doula if they have a home study! That's where I got mine.

The first cd was basically a relaxation one, focusing on a point in the room and deep relaxation.
I don't have a doula. If I did we would just do the doula +hypno option.
July 7th, 2013, 11:59 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really, really, really wish I could do hypnobabies but unfortunately we can't afford it

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That does suck, I was really concerned about the price for a long time, but my midwife really pushed for it, so we saved and are taking the classes.

I don't have a doula though, maybe you could find one who's taking a course and would do it for experience rather than charge you for it?

I wish they were less expensive, they seem like it should be required learning for all women having a baby, would probably take some pressure off the medical system! xx
slmehaffey likes this.
July 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Would the library have it or is there somewhere to rent the cd's?

I'm doing a Mind, Body, Birth class that starts Thursday. It's 5 weeks and covers a lot of hypno aspects as well as all the typ. childbirth class stuff. Maybe you could look for a class like that in your area? My insurance will reimburse 1/2 the cost after we're done with the class.

July 7th, 2013, 04:20 PM
The hypnobabies home study costs about $150 but you an resell it on ebay when you are done for just under $100.

July 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
as someone else mentioned you might be able to get a doula at a reduced cost, many states have a database of doulas willing to work for free or little cost. Many of them are still training but that means they have the newest information very fresh in their minds too so not a bad thing really. I would ask your birthing center if they know of anyone who is training who might work on a sliding fee scale, if not then ask them for any doula's information and then give them a call, once you reach them ask if they work on a sliding scale, tell them about the amount you'd be able to afford and if they can't help you ask them for a list of local doulas that may be able to help. Doulas usually work in a community base so that every mom can have a doula, they know they wont be the 'right' choice for every mama they meet so they keep a list handy of women who might be a better fit for the mamas that contact them. Often times doulas that don't even live near your city will have at least one contact for the city you do live in.

July 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I still would like to do this, but its so not in my budget.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search