Speaking of baby showers

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are having one, when are you having it?

I am actually having two. My sister-in-law is hosting one for me on August 17, and then my sister is also hosting one for me on Sept 7.

The August one seems a little early in my opinion, but my husband's aunt is visiting from Colorado that weekend and we wanted to have it when she could be there.

Anybody else having theirs kind of early? I guess I don't really know what the appropriate time frame is?
July 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I would love to have mine in August, you never know what will happen. I had my first one at 36 weeks pregnant and the next Saturday I had him, lol. Plus I like to have time to get things settled and put away after my shower and before the baby arrives.

Mine is on September 21st, seems very late to me since I will be 37 weeks by then, but we have a super amount of things going on in August and September and that is literally the only weekend that we have free. I am hoping that this baby girl will hold out until after the shower at least, lol.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first I was due mid July and had my shower on Mother's Day weekend. So about the same timeline as you would be. I think it's an appropriate time frame.

I've had several people mention wanting to throw me a shower... I don't know if it's gonna work out though. Example: My MIL and SIL want to throw me one, but the other SIL and I aren't on speaking terms, so that's weird right off. And MIL wants to have it at her place which is quite a drive away and my friends in this area aren't gonna want to go.... plus, I only have several small different groups of friends that don't mix so I think it would get awkward fast so if it doesn't happen that's fine too.

Since we are either just have moved/going to move to an apartment we are in the minimalist mindset so I really need to make sure I only have what I need and not much more.

July 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Leah
I'd actually decided early August because I'd possibly have some of my Canadian family down then. Of course that was when everyone was tripping over themselves to throw one. As of now, no one has done anything as far as planning, so I'm guessing I'm not.

I wouldn't want it late because I want to be comfortable - relatively speaking - and have time to set everything up, return, shop, etc.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not having one this time.

With my first we had it at 28 weeks (per my request). That gave DH and I plenty of time to buy everything we didn't get and still needed.
July 8th, 2013, 12:57 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm due right around you and having mine Aug. 25th. I think it's the perfect time! Should give us time to set things up, do returns if needed, and buy any remaining items you didn't get.

July 8th, 2013, 01:00 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first is July 20th and my second is August 3rd. Jane is coming October 1st (or earlier) so i think that is a good time frame for us so we will still have about 2 months left to get her room ready and purchase what we still need.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
SouthernBelle86's Avatar Rachelle
I'm having two showers, 1st one is this Friday with my husband's work crew. I'm only 26 weeks along but they wanted to do it early for us. My family/friend baby shower is Sunday, September 1st "Labor Day". about 7 weeks before due date.

10 Weeks-9/12/12

5 Weeks-12/12/12
July 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're having our shower this upcoming Sunday and I'm due Oct 7th. I've been having so many health issues that I want to see what we'll get vs. what we'll need because I'll have to have DH help me with most of it and I want to allow plenty of time.
July 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I wish I was having one but with Dh gone and me kind of just surrounded by close family I decided not to. I dont know anyone who would really show up other than his family and I dont want to be paraded around, which sounds harsh but probably wont be too bad.
I will probably just eat cake by myself . Maybe have an after-baby shower?
July 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Friends mentioned having something Labor Day weekend when we all meet up, about 5 hours from here. I'm nervous about it being so late, so I might skip the drive so I can stay close to my doctor's office. I was hoping that if we had something, they would have it near here, and not super late! Like SierraWinter said, it's nice to know what you'll actually need to order/buy in a timely way before baby's arrival since who knows when that'll actually happen.
July 8th, 2013, 05:38 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My first is two weeks from Saturday while we are in CA visiting my family. Work will most likely throw one for me much closer to my DD.

July 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Proud mommy!
Mine is August 17th. I say you cannot have it to early. My baby shower with DD was cancelled because I was in the hospital on bed rest, so I never got to experience the whole baby shower. You never know what may happen. For me earlier is better

July 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is Aug 17th too. Due Oct 6th, don't think it's too early...
July 8th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
I'm sure the girls at my work will do a little something (I hope at least) but other than that, nobody has offered to throw me one. I can't count how many second baby showers I've been to but is looking like it's not going to happen for me. I've just been buying everything myself & will wait until the last min to get some of the smaller things just in case.
July 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
No shower here.... this is baby #8 after all.... I can't help but feel a little bummed though cuz it would be nice to celebrate this one. Plus its like we are starting over since we need almost all the baby stuff again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search