My life is a mess :(

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I've been MIA lately so sorry to just pop in and complain but I need to vent!!

I don't know if any of you remember but I've been laid off since February (right when they found out I was preggo). DH graduated from school and got laid off a week after me at the beginning of March. He finally found a job and started in May. 3 weeks in, he got a horrible sinus infection that came along with migraines. He was off an entire week that included doctor visits and xrays with no insurance coverage. 2 Fridays ago, his employer made him drive his own car (All other employees have a company vehicle and usually he rides with another guy) to Maryland since his co-worker had off. On his way down, his engine blew. (About an hour from home) We got stuck paying a towing bill and a diagnostic bill for them to tell us his car is trash. He contacted his supervisor and left a voicemail and didn't hear back from him at all. Monday morning he went into work and was put on probation. He wasn't allowed to work until they made a decision if they wanted to keep him or fire him. They call him in Wednesday and let him go. So once again, we are both unemployed. Icing on the cake? He got pulled over that same morning his car blew and got a ticket for past due inspection.

Then this weekend I started getting really bad pain in my back. After a few hours I decided it was ER time. Headed to the hospital and found out I have kidney stones. I am in so much pain!

It just feels like one blow after another.. There are tons of smaller things happening too. We cannot get caught up financially. I feel like I'm drowning. We cancelled cable, pulled DS out of daycare, made arrangements for some of our bills. Internet is cancelled (I'm at my parents).

Baby day is coming fast and I am so scared! This is not how things were supposed to go The stress is killing me. I'm not really the praying type, but I could use some right now!

July 9th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to swozze3 Send a message via Yahoo to swozze3
I am sorry you are going through such rough times. Have you by chance applies for some state aid? Like medicaid and food stamps? It might help some.
July 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are going through so much right now! I am sending postive thoughts your way and hope things start looking up. Are there any work from home type job opportunities for either of you? What about starting your own daycare?

I also hope the kidney stones get cleared up I heard those are so painful. Keep your head up, you can only go up from here. Exude positivity and positivity will come back to you (not to sound all hippie).
July 9th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope things turn around for you soon. : (

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am so sorry you are going through all of this. That is a lot to handle right now.

I really hope that life starts to pick up for you soon.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry. That is really stressful. I hope he can find something soon and things ease up for you before the baby comes. Hugs!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry your going through so much at once!! HUGS!! Really hope things start looking up very soon!!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 9th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am from India and like most people from Asia and the East, I believe in a lot of non scientific stuff. That much bad stuff happening cannot be coincidence in my opinion. If you believe in weird occult stuff I can suggest somethings to change your luck. I only say this because sometimes we are so desperate we will try anything and you sound like you are at that place!
Also religion helps. Any religion. Just go to some church, get some holy water to sprinkle over yourself, your husband and your home. I know this all sounds ultra hippie like and crazy...but take it or leave it. We've hit rock bottom too and we turned to these things and they kept us sane! There was a time when we thought I got diagnosed with something terminal, we were neck deep in debt, I lost my job, DH was in an severely underpaid dead end job, DH's parents didn't know what was going on here in our life and concluded that he was just a selfish ******* who didn't want to send a penny home - his dad wrote him a letter basically cursing him and me and writing him off! Our luck did eventually turn around we are financially sound now, turned out the diagnosis was wrong, my FIL actually apologized to my husband later, DH got a great job...like everything was reversed. All I can tell you is this too shall pass.
Dolly Lama and Rosiegirl7 like this.

July 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I haven't been around much either! It's a very long story!
I hope you feel better soon. Kidney stones cannot be fun when being pregnant. They are normally very painful without carrying and growing a life in there.
Has the hubby had a chance to look for somethimg else yet?
Things will get better. They just seem horrible right now!
Inbox me or add me on FB if you want to chat!
Hugs xo

July 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow. I'm so, so sorry you are going through this. I completely understand that feeling of everything being against you. It was like that for us last May until this May. Bad jobs, not being able to pay bills, almost losing the house, lost a baby, marriage problems, family problems, dental issues, etc. Thankfully once we turned to June 1st of this year our luck seems to have turned, it's weird. I mean, we still have a not great job, and still check to check, but we are in the process of hopefully completely turning that around soon....

Just know it doesn't last forever. Praying that you guys catch a break soon! Vent away! If you ever need to vent on a more personal level, don't hesitate to message me!

July 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
That is a lot of crap to happen all at once. I am not even religious at all but I'd go Anitha's route with all of that happening, just in case. Vent away if you need to.. Wishing you luck!!
July 9th, 2013, 03:40 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry to hear that. It does seem super unfairly stacked against you right now! Positive thoughts sent your way, hope things will turn around quickly for you guys!

July 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Julie
How stressful for you, I'm so sorry. I have been there, am still kinda there now, so I can relate. Live and be happy for the little moments in life that make you smile. I know that may sound silly, but things could be worse, so remind yourself of the good things you do have and try to focus on them. Ihope you can recover from the kidney stones without too much trouble.

July 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
(((hugs)))

July 9th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is A LOT of stuff for any couple to go through - I really do hope something gives for you soon.

In the meantime, you don't have to rack up all of this medical debt. You being pregnant and without income means that you qualify for state coverage - the rest of your pregnancy can be 100% covered. You probably also qualify for various other programs which would help tremendously at this time. I hope that you'll consider at least going to the Compass Pa (you can locate it by searching this term) site and applying - this is what it's here for.

Good luck to you!
July 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you are going through all that. I know when things are tough it is hard to keep your head above water. Definitely, if you are not doing so already, rely on friends, relatives and state aid as much as you can. Don't have any shame and seek out those willing to help you. I will keep you in my thoughts and say a prayer, even though I rarely pray.
July 9th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I'm so so sorry ((hugs)) I pray it all gets better and you both get great opertunities handed to you!!!!M
Karrara 10 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 1/2 07/01/06, Kayda 7 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

July 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry. I hope things turn around soon.

July 9th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's a lot of stuff to be going through all at once. I would also turn to non-scientific things at this time to try to make everything turn around. There is the law of attraction, so maybe try to think about where you want to be and that might help. I signed up for notes from the universe during a particularly hard time in my life and that helped me a lot. TUT :: Notes from the Universe Got an email affirmation every day, and now things are so so much better. Time will help fix things, so focus on where you want to be and try to make the interim as stress free as possible. Hope you find some peace! xx
July 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
((((HUGS)))) I am so sorry sweetie.

I very much understand that feeling of when it rains it pours!!!!! I will be thinking of you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search