dont touch my kid

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I went to look at an apartment today and there were these kids there with their mother. The littke girl comes over and is facinated with athena...patting her hand and shaking her hand. It wasnt a big deal. Generally I feel like I dont care about that stuff. What bothered me was as I was waiting and holding my child, this little girl starts pulling on athenas legs and yelling "stop it" at her when she was trying to grab the paper out of my hand. Her mother wasnt doing or saying anything and I wasnt being mean to her but I seriously wanted to tell her to stop touching my daughter. I just got up and walked over to another spot, but it aggravates me that some kids are allowed to act like that. She didnt hurt her but I feel like thatsbeside the point!!!

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
July 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate when parents just let their kids behave poorly and act like nothing wrong is happening. That is why we generally stay far away from indoor mall playgrounds. Parents just let their kids run wild and my kids have been hit by other little brats on several occasions while their parents do NOTHING.
Dolly Lama likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 9th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea these are things I'm scared about when I have a baby because you can't control other peoples kids. I don't get how some parents are so oblivious. Sorry you had to go through that!

Side note- But I was walking into a Petco the other day and a lady was pushing her stroller out the door and a lady with a big dog (on a leash) walking up toward her let her dog jump up to the stroller to *kiss* the baby. She just said "Oh he loves kids!"...UMMMM NO! Who says its ok to let your german shepard even near a baby?!? The mom with the stroller immediately pulled the stroller back toward her and gae an awkward smile but was clearly not ok with it. What's with some people?
July 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I hate when parents just let their kids behave poorly and act like nothing wrong is happening. That is why we generally stay far away from indoor mall playgrounds. Parents just let their kids run wild and my kids have been hit by other little brats on several occasions while their parents do NOTHING.
One of my biggest pet peves.

Quote:
a lady with a big dog (on a leash) walking up toward her let her dog jump up to the stroller to *kiss* the baby.
Normally I'm a very calm, rational person, but if this happened to me, I seriously would have had to unleash the dragon on her a**. Nothing I would think about or plan, but it would happen.

What is wrong with people?!
soul_donut likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Haha let your random dog jump in my baby stroller for a "kiss" and my fist will kiss your face! Or at least my palm

ETA: I think i'm having a violent thinking day based on some of my other posts.. Oh well! IRL I am peaceful today but I guess my mind is temperamental!!
Dolly Lama likes this.
July 9th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Haha let your random dog jump in my baby stroller for a "kiss" and my fist will kiss your face! Or at least my palm

ETA: I think i'm having a violent thinking day based on some of my other posts.. Oh well! IRL I am peaceful today but I guess my mind is temperamental!!
Yea I think its just "protective-mode" I'm definitely not afraid to put someone, their kid OR dog in their place! Especially once I have a little baby. It's the only way they'll learn!
July 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was at a used kids clothes store today and the 6-year old (I'm guessing) daughter of the owner was being such a little brat to my 3-year-old, telling her to get out of her way and go to the back of the store and stay there. The owner did lecture her daughter when we moved away, but it is hard not to get angry with the behavior, even if the kids are young.
July 9th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I hate that and I will always say something!!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

July 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Veteran
omg i work at an apartment complex. the children here are horrible, getting into everything, being disruptive and causing damage and none of the parents are ever around. i've handed out so many notices and lease violations. ugh.

#3 edd 08/06/2015
July 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I normally tell kids in that high pitched kid voice that germs aren't allowed around my babies, and kids have germs. Sorry, sweetie! Parents usually get the idea. A dog would have made me yell. Winter at least is allergic.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
July 10th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Julie
I get so stressed out when I take my kids out in public because I am always making sure they aren't causing property damage or being naughty-why can't other parents do everyone the same courtesy? I hate it when a kid pushes or hits my kid on a public playground, because it's hard to find the mom to discuss it with her, and then the kid has an accent so I'm not sure how well the parent speaks english. I just say something like "don't hit my son". Ugh, so annoying.

July 10th, 2013, 05:27 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yeah that can be very annoying. I make sure that my kids don't touch other kids unless they know that it is okay to. Logan loves kids, especially babies and toddlers and he is always very careful about how close he gets to them and he will ask the parent first. He is the same way with other people's pets. He always asks first if he can rub them. We are in Petsmart ALOT and we see many dogs in there. I am always happy to hear him ask first if he can pet their pooch.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 10th, 2013, 06:46 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't really like people I don't know so whenever we are out DH says I usually wear my "F*** off" sign on my forehead so I don't usually have problems with people over stepping their bounds. He's the complete opposite but he would never have a problem putting people in their place if they touched my baby.

When Alexis was only 2 weeks old she was admitted into the hospital for an unexplained fever. Ever since then I've engrained in my girls to *never* touch a baby unless they were told it's alright. And if they do only touch their feet no hands. Needless to say, we'll be carrying that rule with other kids when Jude gets here too.

After we got out of the hospital I took Alexis outside in the stroller with the top up and the blanket on and a little girl (who had just gotten over H1N1 at the time) tried to pull back the blanket and put her hands all over my baby. Her mom was not out (this kid was 4-5 and allowed outside by herself with no adult in sight!) and I just put the blanket back on and said "Nope, we aren't touching the baby".

July 10th, 2013, 08:40 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
im kind of a germ a phobe so I have been the one to say. Thank you but don't touch him/her. I don't care, it bothers me and its my kid. And I certainly do not want my kids going up other kids touching them. If they are going to they had better ask the parents and have my OK as well.

Kinda like with dogs, you don't touch them without the owners consent. LOL
Spyctre likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search