Baby Name Meltdown!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have the same problems. What gets me is DH always tells people I get my way and I've named all our kids ?!?!?!

I'm the one pouring over books and websites, presenting him name choices on a platter to mull over. I'm doing all the work!
July 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan David is an awesome name. You two need to try it out and call him that for a week or two and see if it grows on you.
We were having such a tough time with boys name, OMG. I went through all the lists, even wrote down all our grandfathers names and tried coming up with anagrams.. nothing. Ultimately, we decided we wanted a D name (since DH's name starts with a D) and chose an author's name that we both really love. His middle name is a combination of my father's name & FIL's name. It took me a while to really love the name we choose, but after calling him that for the last month it's really grown on me.

July 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Logan David! LD! Love it.
July 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think guys tend to like more traditional names too. With our daughter I came up with a list of 50 names I liked, and my husband found 2 out of that list that he liked. The names he liked not on my list were ones like Jennifer and Allison - great names but I think us women are trying to come up with names that all our friends weren't named back in elementary school for some reason. For the same reason he likes boys names like Andrew, David, Matthew, etc. and not Logan, Maddox, etc.
July 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Logan. When I was teaching kindergarten my favorite student one year (shhhh, teachers don't have favorites) was named Logan.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

July 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Jackie1122's Avatar Veteran
My husband is the same way, it is so frustrating! Every name I suggest I get one of these answers: "It sounds like a last name", "Its too feminine", "I know someone named that and they......" "It reminds me of your ex boyfriend", "I have never heard of that one", and many more. He has a never ending amount of excuses but I only have so many names to choose from!
July 11th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Veteran
Boys names are really hard! I'm team green, but honestly have thought it might be worth finding out for the sole purpose of only having to come up with one name! I can think of a lot of girls names I like, but I've been wracking my brain and reading thousands of names, and I only really feel like 2 or 3 are even possibilities (and my husband doesn't really like them, and I don't like the few he's proposed). Sorry I'm no help!!
July 12th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gRod View Post
James Howlett was Wolverines given name and Logan was his secret name. Maybe go that route. You really do have enough time and when you guys come across it you both will just know. Dont stress...call him your little X-Men for now.

I like Logan James....just a thought!

-Gina
Logan James was my thought as soon as I started reading this. You could call him LJ for a nickname.

If it makes you feel any better our little one is nameless also and probably will be for a while. We just aren't agreeing on much with names right now.
July 12th, 2013, 06:43 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Before I knew what I was having I had thrown around the name Colton for a boy. My aunt immediately told me that I couldn't name him that because her grandson has a friend named Colton that she doesn't like. Well... ummm.. that doesn't effect me at all, lol. I don't know this kid.
jennyrae03 likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 12th, 2013, 07:06 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jamie, isn't it funny how some names just have negative responses? I feel the same way about the name Conner, because one of my husband's cousins has a kid named Conner and I think he is a little heathen! haha

So after I posted this the other day, I told Joel "I named our baby. His name is Logan David." His response was "Nahhhhh I don't think I like it."

Ugh.

Yesterday he did tell me that he thinks about it all the time, but a name just hasn't come to him yet. Hopefully he comes up with something soon
July 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
LOL, gotta love men, and they say WE are the indecisive ones!!!

How is he feeling about the name Logan now? Is it just the combo of Logan DAVID that he doesn't like, or is it Logan that isn't "feeling"?

Jenny, I feel that way about the name Robert. My dad and brother are named Robert, and although I love my brother to pieces. I would NEVER name my child anything that would any way, shape or form honor my father. I can't even stand to think about that man.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
July 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
How is he feeling about the name Logan now? Is it just the combo of Logan DAVID that he doesn't like, or is it Logan that isn't "feeling"?
I think it's the David part that he doesn't like. Who knows. I think I'm going to leave the subject alone for a few days, and let him think on it. I'm probably driving him crazy since I ask him pretty much every day.

I'm sure it will come to us one of these days - obviously we aren't the only ones who don't have a name picked out!
July 12th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't decide on our daughter's name until right after she was born
July 12th, 2013, 07:25 AM
If it is the David part that he doesn't like then I agree with the ladies above that Logan James sounds great. LJG initials are very nice too.

If he starts taking too long just tell him you are naming the baby Logan Goober Goodman, hahaha. See what he thinks about that

Funny story. A girl that I work with here just had her 2nd little girl back in May. Both times the baby didn't have a name until after she was here. Mom and dad just couldn't find anything that they liked. They ended up with Marcy and Emily
jennyrae03 likes this.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
July 13th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Super Mommy
Lurking from WTTC... My friends newborn is Logan David and I think its cute!
jennyrae03 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search