Weighty Wednesday

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All right let's see the #'s! No judgment!

So far I started out at 126 lbs I weighed myself yesterday and I am at 150!

1. How much have you gained?
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it?
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby?
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)?
July 10th, 2013, 09:41 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
1. How much have you gained? so far 11 lbs

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it?
I think it is wonderful since I gained 50 lbs with all of my past pregnancies

3. What's your plan to get back in shape afer baby?
Probably just walking more. I have the option to walk a lot at work.

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)?
Not having to shave as much, lol. My hair growth has seriously slowed down

Oh I was 185 before pregnancy and I was 196 at my appt last friday. I almost forgot the numbers, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 10th, 2013, 09:46 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
1. How much have you gained? started at 155 and at my last appointment I was 173

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? Concerned, not really because of the pregnancy, but when I me my DH 4 years ago, I was a fit 120. I had to go on an anti-depressant after my twins and it really packed the weight on me and I have never been able to loose it.
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Body by Vi (my DH is a member), and I want to bike or run again
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? Maddie is the only thing, I am officially huge, I waddle everywhere, dont enjoy DTD , and can't sleep comfortably.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
July 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How much have you gained? I started out at 120, down to 110 and up to 114. So either still -6 or +4 depending how you look at it.
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? nope. I'm more worried about making sure I DO gain.
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Since we will probably be living in an apartment at that point I plan on hitting up their gym as much as possible and doing some Jillian's during the day. I'm making DH promise to help me with it.
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? Not having a flabby tummy and my boobs are pretty awesome too. Even if they don't fit in my bras anymore.

July 10th, 2013, 10:23 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started out around 155lbs at my last appt I was 171lbs!

1. How much have you gained? as of 4 weeks ago 16lbs, I'm expecting I added another 4-5lbs to that since then though
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? I kinda mind it, just because it took me a while to get to 155lbs lol
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? walking with baby, maybe some workout games, and eating better.
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? nothing :S

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 10th, 2013, 10:36 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
1. How much have you gained? well I lost 26+lbs and gained 6 and lost another 1. So I am at -21lbs
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it?Oh I wished I could drop 100lbs right now I would be okay with that. LOL
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? no idea, I seem to end up gaining weight while I am nursing.
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? nothing really. I feel like I look like crap and im very sore.

July 10th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
1. How much have you gained? Nothing I have lost 19lbs so I am now down to like 129lbs
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? I am concerned about weight loss
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Just chasing around kids helps me
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? My boobs there usually deflated lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

July 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How much have you gained? 18 pounds - Started at 154, now weigh 172.

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? A little concerned, as I have always struggled with weight issues/body image.

3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? We'll take baby to gym with us and I'll do a lot of walking around the track, and then I'll make hubby take a turn doing the walking while I hit the weights for a while!

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? Umm...nothing. Most of my body sucks.
July 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
1. How much have you gained? I started at about 130, and am about 150 now

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? Not really concerned, just learning how to navigate with the extra girth! DH is concerned I'm going to blow out the seams to all the clothes I'm borrowing from him

3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Breastfeed, walk around town a lot, smaller portions, maybe. I will probably buy a band to suck it in for a little while. Re-register for the gym.

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? I like the big ol' bump! It's kind of neat, very weird looking. I like my bigger boobs, and my nice hair and nails.
July 10th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How much have you gained? About 20lbs (3-4lbs last week alone, on vacation!)
Started out 155, about 175 now.

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? No, annoyed though. I'm a hungry pig these days.

3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? 30 Day Shred and a jogging stroller will be my buddies.

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? Eek. My nails are nice, I guess.
July 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Started this pregnancy at 152.0, and as of this morning I'm 158.6

I was about 135 when I got pregnant with Zoey in Sept 2010 and went up to almost 210!! I've been pregnant ever since. Looking forward to having this baby, and working on getting my body back!

1. How much have you gained? 6.6lbs
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it?Not at all this time around
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby?I have a gym membership...and I plan on using it. lol I'd also like to get back into rock climbing and running
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)?Ooof, not much really...

July 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
1. How much have you gained? Only 6lbs. I was 145 pre-pregnancy and I'm up to 151.

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? Not really concerned, my Dr. told me he wanted me to 10lbs by 27 weeks. I'm thinking that might happen because I've been eating like a hog (it seems)

3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? When I pumped and breastfed my daughter I lost 55lbs in 6 weeks. I'm not kidding, nor did I want to loose it that fast or plan that. I'm not banking on the same results but I'll start there. I started doing 5k's 6 months after my daughter was born, so probably just walking religiously again will be my starting point.

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? My belly is a ball and my boobs are out of control and my face is soo clear, so I would have to say my face (acne free) is what I like about my body right now but DH likes my enlarged chest area.

July 10th, 2013, 02:29 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I started at 148 and am now 156, so 8 lbs. (although I lost 8 in 1st trimester, so you could say 16)
2. No, everyone keeps telling me how great I look, it's hard to feel bad about that.
3. No real plan, BF and walking
4. I'm really proud of my body right now! I'm sore as heck, but I feel like a cute pregnant lady most of the time.

July 10th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Started out at 101 now I am 118

1. How much have you gained? 17 pounds
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? Well at 5'4'' I am pretty underweight when not pregnant so my logical brain says that the weight gain is healthy and needed BUT i will be honest and say I still struggle with it emotionally
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? I will eat mostly healthy and do crossfit 5 days a week. I'm not someone who loses right away. It took me a year (until I stopped breastfeeding) to lose all the weight with Sawyer.
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? I like my bump.

July 10th, 2013, 05:53 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
1. How much have you gained? 125 to 146 So 21 pounds!
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? Not too much but my MW did ask me to cut down some lol What I mind are the killer stretch marks
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Gym and walking!
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? The tummy is nice, but otherwise nothing hahaha. My boobs just get in the way and my hips are HUGE
July 10th, 2013, 07:17 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How much have you gained? I started at 120 and am at 142, mean scale! I gained 5 lbs over vacation last week.

2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? I don't really mind it, there's nothing really I can do about it right now!

3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Bfing. I'm hoping it works as well this time as it did last time! In my first pg I started out at 135 and I know I got to atleast 170... after bfing, I ended up down at 115 at my lowest point. Walking too!

4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? Not having to shave my legs so much and I like the bump most of the time!

July 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Proud mommy!
1. How much have you gained? 15lbs I was 131 went I got pregnant now I am up to 146
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? I was not up until my last appt when I had gained 6lbs in 2 weeks
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? Breastfeeding. I would love to say I will exercise too, but I would probably be lying. Can't seem to find the motivation ever!
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? I have boobs again! I was a solid C before I got pregnant and had DD. After I weaned her they shrank to a B.

July 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. How much have you gained? I've gained 12 pounds (not saying what I was or am now!).
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? I'm not worried about gaining weight at the moment because I am pregnant. Unfortunately I had already put on 25 pounds the year and a half prior to getting pregnant from not being able to exercise with the out of control asthma.
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? At the moment there isn't a plan. My asthma has gotten so bad there wont be a plan unless my doctors can help me find out whats going on and how to get it under control. If that happens, then I imagine I could lose the weight by getting back into my activities of hiking, backpacking, etc. We use to be pretty active, well DH still is, but I would like to go back to joining him.
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? I love the baby bump!! And it's amazing feeling baby girl kicking around more and more every day. Other than that not liking the uncontrollable farting and pee leaks, gas, acid reflex, burping, waddling, pregnancy-induced-dementia (AKA prego brain). So not very graceful or lady-like right now .
July 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Veteran
1. How much have you gained? Started at 127, now at about 146, although it fluctuates quite a bit
2. Are you concerned about weight gain or don't really mind it? - not loving it, but it's bothering me less than I thought it would - I've always been self-consious about my stomach, but now, I am embracing it. No need to hide a healthy bump!
3. What's your plan to get back in shape after baby? - continue being active
4. What's one thing you are enjoying about your body right now (other than the growing baby!)? - hmmm. not coming up with anything, I guess that most of my weight gain is staying in my midsection
July 12th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. I started at 127, lost about 5 pounds, and am now up to 139, so +12 pounds
2. I'm on track for gaining the right amount of weight, but I started my first pregnancy around 115 and I'm already heavier now than when I gave birth to my daughter. I actually now outweigh my husband I'm more concerned about getting back in shape afterwards.
3. None. I have had a lot of trouble finding time to exercise with one little kid, so I'm not sure how I will find time with two.
4. Boobs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search