Baby's position in the womb?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By bevyvuska
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 3 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By Anitha

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 09:21 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
8 Ways To Determine Your Baby's Position In The Womb Right Now - The Fun Times Guide to Pregnancy

Anyone have any good ideas/anecdotes to figure out what the baby's up to in there? I feel pressure in my ribs, especially on the left, and the majority of my kicks happen 2 or 3 inches above and below my belly button. Sometimes I feel a tickling at the lower part of the belly.
July 11th, 2013, 09:25 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG you must be a mind-reader, because I was LITERALLY JUST thinking about this very topic as I was logging into JM just now. It's been bugging me that I can't figure out what is where!

Thanks!!
soul_donut likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I am reading your mind and also peering through your windows!! Muahahah
jennyrae03 likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my little guy is head down, he was at my last ultrasound and I feel a lot of pressure below since then. I hope he stays that way!
July 11th, 2013, 10:22 AM
bevyvuska's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to bevyvuska
My boy was breech at my last dr apt a few weeks ago, but I think he has flipped over since then. Since now I am getting more kicking sensations in my ribs & more pressure down below.

Also DH was trying to listen for his HB last night & found it much lower on my belly than he had before, plus he said he thought his knees where up closer to my ribcage. As he put it , a rather boney hard, lumpy spot that wiggled a bit.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 10:51 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby was head down at my u/s at 25 weeks, I'm pretty sure he's the same way but has switched sides, he was laying along my left side of belly was all lopsided. Now I think he is laying on the right side.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM
But howwww do you know?
July 11th, 2013, 11:02 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is really hard to tell! I feel down low kicks and this morning I felt up high kicks. And then I feel kicks on either side, lol. So none of that helps, I can't distinguish between punches and kicks yet apparently. The heartbeat thing is interesting. I can always find the baby's heartbeat below my belly button and according to that little article that would mean he or she is head down. I honestly can't remember what position the baby was in at my ultrasound! It was at 16 weeks which seems like ages ago...

July 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
But howwww do you know?
I didn't really know myself until they told me!! lol But all his kicks are up in my ribs/top of my belly well past my belly button, and I feel little tickle movements down low in the middle must be hands lol The right side of my stomach is all hard now (his back is lying against it I think) and the left side is empty feeling! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG the picture on that link with the foot showing really freaked me out! That's so creepy.

I kinda feel like he's lying sideways, over to the right, with his back on my lower abdominals, like I could cradle him with my arms right now.

July 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPea View Post
OMG the picture on that link with the foot showing really freaked me out! That's so creepy.

I kinda feel like he's lying sideways, over to the right, with his back on my lower abdominals, like I could cradle him with my arms right now.
Are they small enough to be sideways?
July 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jane is sideways. Confirmed with ultrasound today. I think she went from head up or down to sideways earlier this week.
soul_donut likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 11th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm currently getting a lot of wobbles near my belly button, and right below, to the side. I carry really low. Maybe his legs are just so bent up in there that they are kicking straight up?
July 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
My babies flip all over the place until 36wks because of how tiny they are lol

I can usually tell what position there in by feeling though!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

July 11th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This may sound really dumb...but until I was pregnant I never knew you'd feel baby kicks everyday I thought it was like a once in a pregnancy time thing like "The baby kicked! Omg the baby just kicked me! It's a miracle!"..Boy was I wrong! lol
July 11th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OK mine is head down facing posterior (sunny side up) I feel tickles on my lower belly(her hands), kicks below my ribs and in the center a little lower that where my sternum would be (legs) and pressure sometimes in bladder (head). I can tell she is posterior because of the hand tickles. This is exactly how DD felt too. except the kicks were more toward my left lower ribs, but this little one likes to move a bit and kick me on the left and the center.

Check this to see how you can try to tell the position of the baby :

Belly Mapping article
soul_donut likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I swear mine just does somersaults in there! It seems every time he moves it is a different place!
July 16th, 2013, 07:56 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
for the most part my babies have always been laying the same. #6 and #8 have been my odd balls. With #6 though I didn't really FEEL like she was breech it was more like my belly shape just looked much different from the others. She was butt down though. THis one is feet down so there is no denying kicks down there. I hardly ever feel any movement higher than just below my belly button

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search