Updated main post - Chugging the Glucola! A bit pissed with Doc's office

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy
  • 1 Post By QL1516
  • 1 Post By Lotsakids
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My Dr.'s office called me at 2.30 PM to tell me they have to reschedule my appt tomorrow . I had the glucose test tomorrow as well. Well long story short, they finally fit me in today at 4.15!! I have work to do here that they will be sending me later today. I had to talk my boss into letting me work from home and apologized for the short notice Doctor appt. And now I am chugging the glucola. Thank God I hadn't eaten anything or snacked after lunch and I had the glucola here at work. I am a bit miffed as this is the second time they are doing this to me. And both times its been the NP who was not available. I am glad they actually got me in my with OB today...Any how wish me luck for the glucose test !

Update:
The appointment went okay I guess. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140s. My bp was 100s/65 and I had gained 3 lbs since last month's appt. I requested the OB to palpate and check baby's position and she said she'd try but she wouldn't be able to say 100% plus the baby could still very well move. She found that the baby was laying diagonally with head towards my lower right and bottom on my upper left. My guess was kinda correct.

They drew blood and also gave me the TDAP shot which I was a bit miffed about since I didn't have time to process it in my head.

Overall it was a good appt. I hope I pass the glucose screening. I did not feel jittery or nauseated or anything...not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

Last edited by Anitha; July 12th, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
July 11th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! And sorry they keep rescheduling..I hate when the patients revolve around the doctors schedules when it should be the other way around!
Anitha likes this.
July 11th, 2013, 01:50 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
well that sucks about all the rescheduling. My office did that to me not too long ago too. Good luck on the glucose test!
Anitha likes this.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!!! Sorry they are so bad at rescheduling appointments so last minute!!
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 11th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Julie
They should be more accomodating! Good luck with the GTT!
Anitha likes this.

July 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Leah
What is that excuse - I'm going to have an emergency tomorrow? I understand you've got stuff randomly popping up in an OB practice, but that's why you've got redundant people diring office hours. Grrr, pet peeve. Glad you got it done - good luck!
Anitha likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 11th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope that the test goes well & that you pass with flying colours!
Anitha likes this.

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3, DD November 2013
July 12th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine has rescheduled three times and its messed up my GD test as well. I now have a lab paper in my purse so I can walk in on my own time and have it done. I'm confused because originally she said no eating after midnight and now she says I can eat because the test compensates for food???
Anitha likes this.
July 12th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
Mine has rescheduled three times and its messed up my GD test as well. I now have a lab paper in my purse so I can walk in on my own time and have it done. I'm confused because originally she said no eating after midnight and now she says I can eat because the test compensates for food???
Ugh three times?? That's ridiculous! For me they said I should not eat from 2 hrs before starting to drink it. Supposed to finish drinking it in 10 mins. Supposed to start drinking it 40 mins before the appt and then when I show up for the appt, I was supposed to tell them the time I finished drinking it. I guess they can draw blood an hr after I finish, but the extra 20 mins would give them time in case the nurse was behind or something.

July 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Good luck hope you pass with flying colors
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

July 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sucks that they give you the run around like that. I hope it stops for you soon. Good luck with the results and keep us posted!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
July 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
what a pain!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search