GD Test

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Irshtripletsmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I actually got nauseated for the first time with it. The first time I felt high, second I felt wonderful, earlier this pregnancy it felt normal, but this time it was all I could do not to vomit. And the guest wifi wasn't working during my hour. I was so bored. Glad to get it done!

Did y'all's OB's or MW's make you fast? Mine didn't. I had a bunch of watermelon and OJ before going in. They said that was fine. Last time I came out on the higher side of normal, but I was still chewing stir-fry as I headed out the door to my appointment. Sweet and spicy so carbs and more sugar. lol I'm pretty sure this time will be normal as well. Fingers crossed anyway!
July 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really really don't like the GD test. Always leaves me feeling dizzy/sick & like I need to puke

Hope that you get good results

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
July 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Yes. I had a granola bar about 30 min before my Mw appointment and they made me come back.
First time I was fine, but this time I wanted to puke too!
July 12th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine is saying I can eat or drink whatever. I wasn't allowed to with my other kids. Did something with the test change recently?
July 12th, 2013, 04:25 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjuly View Post
Mine is saying I can eat or drink whatever. I wasn't allowed to with my other kids. Did something with the test change recently?
I was wondering this exact thing! lol With my other 2 I had to fast before the test, this time she told me to eat my usual breakfast before the drink and test. I even said are you sure no fasting?? didn't seem right lol Guess it has changed?

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 12th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They told me not to eat 2 hours the test.

I need to go take mine this morning.
July 12th, 2013, 04:38 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I am going to take mine next Friday. i was told no food and only water after midnight. I am really not looking forward to it

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 12th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Julie
It's really annoying how some doctors say fast and others don't. With something like this there should be a standard procedure. My doctor didn't give me instructions and I didn't see any instructions when I made the appointment online.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

July 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had to do one at 8 weeks, they didn't make me fast. They said to just eat whatever I normally do. I wonder if it depends on which brand of "drink" they use (I will use that term loosely because it isn't a drink in my book - it is syrup! lol).
July 12th, 2013, 05:58 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I don't even have to make an appointment, lol. I just walk into the Outpatient center when I want to do it. I am off work on Friday, so that is why I chose that day.

Jenny, the one I usually drink is syrupy too. To me it tastes like Orange Soda with about a cup of sugar added to it. YUCK!! I really hate it.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 16th, 2013, 08:22 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have never been told to fast before the GD test, they always said to eat as I would normal do.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search