I think my DH has gone crazy.......kinda OT!!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluvmybabies*
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011
  • 1 Post By MrsHoot
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, lately my DH has been telling me how pretty I am when I'm pregnant and so on, which is awesome, even though that's not how I feel. Well, he's also been jokingly saying something about having another baby...which makes 4!!!! I had to practically beg him for #3 and it's been a miserable pregnancy, but wouldn't have been so bad, had I realized milk was giving me all that trouble.

Anyhow, I've asked him a few times if he's joking and he says, I think it'd be fun. I'm not sure what to think. It's not like I'm opposed to the idea, but I'll be 34 in August, I told him we'd literally have to turn right around and try to get pregnant so that I'm not that far past 35.

IDK, maybe we are both crazy!!! I love the idea of having a big family, but I was set on this being my last cuz of how miserable i've been. Anyone else been in the same boat?

July 12th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Hehe I am a huge family advocate lol

If your crazy I must be insane because if my hubby lets me I'm going to 12 lol

And everyone says I'm crazy keep going because of how sick hyperemesis makes me
allysmomma likes this.
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 12th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't mind, honestly, but at some point, I'll have to quit working, which I'd be happy to do. I've really gotten into canning and cooking and cleaning and I know, I know, I'm nesting, but I could literally do this. I'm gonna CD with this one and try that out, so that's a cost we are cutting back on, then I dont' need much, I already have a boy and a girl, so I'm pretty well set. I am an only child w/2 much older half brothers, so I love the thought of having more kiddo's!!!

July 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don;t think you're crazy! I'd love to fit in 3 if I can.
allysmomma likes this.

July 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm crazy then because this makes number 4. I love having a bigger family. I'd be lost without all of my kiddos. My oldest, Tora, went to DH's mom's for a few days and the house just felt so empty without my big girl in it, although I had my son and daughter running around. I'm seriously talking to DH about adopting a child in a few years as opposed to having another child due to this being my fourth C-section and me worrying about my health and uterine rupture. I say if you feel like it's right for you, GO FOR IT! Don't let anyone but you and your DH decide when it's time to shut down your uterus.
allysmomma likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
July 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
If you're up to it go for it!
I want to definitely stop at three I think...and we are SO not having another one for a while. I'm set on it.
allysmomma likes this.
July 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always told DH I wanted 4 and he's always said 3. So our compromise will be to have 3 and see how we feel! I don't think you're crazy, if you're both in the same boat as wanting another! I would be like you-- with wanting to get pregnant sooner than later just for the age factor. I'll be 28 when we have this one... so I'd like to get started on the next one earlier than the 2.5 years we waited with our first!
allysmomma likes this.

July 13th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I was hoping this go around it would be twins, just to have 4 and be even, lol, but I'm pretty sure there isn't one hiding in there. I was done after this one b/c of feeling so bad, but honestly I'd do it again! I'm up for anything and I'm hoping that it's a smooth L&D!! Thank you for your support as always!!

July 13th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
After I had my second we had our boy and girl and dh said "we're done" even though we had agreed on three. It was a very stressful time having two so young and he was responding to that.

DH was never like that again. Hes always been ready for another. We might have had more kids had I been up to it early on. Also I lost one between our third and fourth and it took a couple years for this one.

I love having four kids. Having a fifth is the icing on the cake
allysmomma likes this.
July 14th, 2013, 11:21 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish my Dh would do that! This is #2 for us and he is still stuck on getting the big V after Little Man is born. I feel 4 would be the perfect number for our family.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 15th, 2013, 03:34 AM
fludderbye's Avatar Super Mommy
i am 39 and having # 4

LOL

people think we are crazy- but why not- if God keeps blessing us with kids- we will take them

I am done listening to others tell me - well anything LOL we are happy and my girls are sooo excited to meet there new little sister

the 3 yr old yells at the 2 yr old when she is too load-" shhh yu'll wake the baby and she gets grumpy when you wake her up" LOLOL
July 15th, 2013, 03:40 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should do whatever you feel is right!! I know for us 3 is right, we are so done after this one!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I will be 36 when my babe is born and this will be #4 for us. since my kids are older, I don't think it will be as hard on me this time.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do what feels right! I'm 36, so don't feel like you need to make a decision right away. I would at least get through the first year to see if you really want another at that point. Or if you are 100%, then go for it.
July 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If money were no object I wouldn't mind a #4

DH and I got pregnant RIGHT after we got married and basically had no time for ourselves to enjoy just being us. Which is fine, but we decided we would be done having kids earlier so we could have that time later. I just turned 27 and he'll be 29 next month. I never wanted to have kids in my 30's so I feel good being done now. And with my loss and this pregnancy kicking my butt I definitely feel done... DH is the same.

We are looking forward to being those young parents watching our kids graduate and still having cartilage in our knees for a 3 month tour of Europe

July 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Im on the side of saying plan for the 4th! No middle child, and its an even number. LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search