what have you been eating lately?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 17th, 2013, 08:07 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I know it is hot as heck here. Heat index's over 100 degrees everyday. I haven't felt like cooking a lot, even with the AC blasting it still gets so hot in the kitchen, so we have been doing very simple meals at home.

Sunday-quick stove top chili over tortilla chips
Monday-chili sausage dogs using left over chili from Sunday night with chips on the side
Tuesday night- Homemade subs (Italian for me) with fresh veggies from the garden(cucumbers, squash, zuch's and tomatoes) with ranch dip on the side
Wednesday- Grilled tilapia sandwiches with a side of cole slaw

Not sure what I am going to do Thursday and Friday nights. It is supposed to cool off some this weekend, back into the 80's, so hopefully I will get some more cooking done then.

What have you all been munching on?

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Julie
Well, I just ate 2 homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Last night I had amore from the. Microwave. Last night I made brocolli cheddar potato soup with garlic bread. Tonight I will make spaghetti and meatballs, then we will have a frozen pizza, another night I'll make shrimp cakes with pasta, and then chicken enchiladas in the slow cooker.

July 17th, 2013, 08:16 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Monday night we had bbq steaks, baked potato and salad. Last night we just had hamburgers and fries, tonight its tacos. Not sure for the rest of the week yet lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
July 17th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Very yummy sounding menu's ladies

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
July 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I put a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker with mojo sauce and made pulled pork, used that for tacos one night, bbq and coleslaw sandwiches another. Last night I made broiled tilapia and we'll be eating that again today with veggies and stuffed mushrooms. Besides that, we've been eating fresh fruit and veggies with dip and cottage cheese. I'll likely make some kind of chicken dish in the next couple of days, and maybe a casserole to eat for a few days. I eat a lot of PBJ but the organic PB I got at Costco makes me ill to look at, because the oil separated. I just thought it'd be healthier than Jif but I'm not used to it.

Broccoli cheddar soup sounds pretty good though I have to watch my weight, though - my last appointment I think I gained 10 lbs in a month. I actually decided against donuts and opted for a case of nectarines at the store.. Shocking!
July 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm let's see..

Two nights ago I made hot ham and cheese sandwiches on Hawaiian rolls with baked beans.

Last night was spaghetti and garlic bread.

I think tonight I'm going to make grilled chicken and cornaroni.

Oh and when I'm at work, it's either been peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or beef and broccoli for lunch
July 17th, 2013, 09:11 AM
"Shay-see"
I am NOT a big kitchen person. I often zap some TJ's teriyaki chicken and put it on top of a big pile of steamed veggies - decently healthful and always tasty.

Last night my husband made his famous saag paneer - always a favorite.

If he gets home late, I usually just scavenge some small portions of stuff from the fridge. I try to make my big, hot meal be in the morning anyway (egg scramble with a scone and maybe a cup of milk).

We'll have to practice this consistent mealtime thing a bit more seriously before the baby's on solids!

July 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I make dinner for my DH and son but I do not eat it. I cannot eat dinner anymore. If I eat after 4pm my heartburn kills me when I go to bed.

July 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
I make dinner for my DH and son but I do not eat it. I cannot eat dinner anymore. If I eat after 4pm my heartburn kills me when I go to bed.
That stinks! It's starting to slowly creep up on me too so I have been eating a lot during the day to test the heartburn situation. At least you know how to fix the issue, as annoying as it may be.
July 17th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just meal planned and grocery shopped!

Tonight: homemade Mac and cheese, broccoli
Thursday: date night! My sister will feed the kids
Fri: salad with chicken
Saturday: homemade pizza
Sunday: pasta with shrimp
Monday: steaks, potatoes, green beans
Tuesday: bacon, eggs, fruit
Wednesday: chicken, rice, zucchini

Lunches are leftovers or bp&j with the kids, or out.
I've been trying to do a smoothie snack every few days for extra fruits and veggies. And organic Greek yogurts have been a craving.
July 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been eating out a lot It's just too hard being a working mom with two kids and commuting and having home cooked meals every night. I'm looking forward to cooking more at home when Jane come since I will be home all day.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 17th, 2013, 12:17 PM
I totally understand Mindy. I am in the same boat. I leave my house at 6 am and I don't get home until 5 pm. It is very hard being pregnant, being a wife and mom (to 3 in my case), taking care of the house and fixing meals every night. Especially when you deal with kids in sports too. It can be a very trying situation for everyone.

Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
July 17th, 2013, 12:45 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are eating a lot of chicken, mainly because it's cheaper, easy, and a good source of protein lol. We usually have it with either rice or roasted potatoes and veggies on the side. About twice a week we have either something with beef or ground turkey, once a month we have pork chops.

Let's see:

Monday- I made dinner at the boys I nanny's house. Reheated rotisserie chicken, mac and cheese, corn, and apples.

Tuesday- Ground turkey taco's

Wednesday- Pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob

Thursday- Chicken, rice, and veggies

Friday- Pizza

Saturday- Dinner at a friends house for her birthday party.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cooking sucks... Havin a hard time..

And money issues as well.. Its frustrating..

Cooking sucks... Havin a hard time..

And money issues as well.. Its frustrating..

Thank you Jaidensmum!

July 17th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Julie
My spaghetti and meatballs just went down the drain because when I opened up the ground beef it did not look or smell OK

July 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH doesn't eat dinner at home with us because he is working then so our menu is centered around children....lol
tunafish sandwiches Monday
hot dogs Tuesday
macaroni with hamburger and chopped Brussel sprouts mixed in Wednesday.
Tomorrow and Friday we will be out of town so who knows what we will eat... but at least one of these days I'm going to be eating at my favorite Chinese restaurant. I'm so excited!
jamieshalon2 likes this.

July 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything I can get my hands on....and I feel so guilty.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
July 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I don't feel like eating much of anything lately. Cold cereal is usually my go to choice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search