Shortness of breath, fatigue , muscle weekness blah blah :(

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By FishermansWife4
  • 1 Post By Allisonjuly
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By Wren
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By happywife
  • 1 Post By soul_donut
  • 1 Post By 2Corinthians10:4
  • 1 Post By east to west coast
  • 1 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
This morning has sucked so far....I feel like an 80 yr old...very short of breath, I have to take deep breaths every couple of minutes...my muscles feel like I just did something physically active (which I have not - I am just sitting here at my desk) and I generally feel fatigued. It was so hard getting ready and coming in to work today. I don't even have much work to do...All I have to do today is sit at my desk & monitor emails. I have my personal lap top here beside my work laptop and I can browse all I want. But all I want to do right now is go home and lay down on my side...I called DH and he asked me to to the same. The thing is this happened a few days back, but the feeling passed after I came to the office and settled down and relaxed. Today its not going away...and the thing is I don't get paid if I dont clock the hours here Since there isn't much work right now anyway, my boss wont let me 'work' from home. I feel so guilty losing hours...**** being a consultant sucks. They pay me good money but I have no sick time, PTO nothing. I can never take time off without feeling like I am losing money!! Plus I am like I still have 10 weeks to go...if I feel like this now, how the heck am I going to be able to make it work all the way until deliver Just wanted to vent Thanks for reading.

July 19th, 2013, 08:32 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know how you've been feeling, the smallest thing seems SO HARD to get done lately!! I'm always aching, so sore and out of breath!! 11 weeks seems so long away!!
Anitha likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 19th, 2013, 09:08 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand. I had a minor freak out last week wondering how I would make it to 39 weeks. Last week was really bad for me physically

The good news is that it is Friday so I hope you can get some rest this weekend. Hugs!
Anitha likes this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain and I don't even work out of an office. It's great of you to have the will power to stay.
Anitha likes this.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
July 19th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been battling the fatigue as well. They tested my thyroid because it seems to be worse when I eat.

Probably the worst thing about feeling like this is all the things I want to do right now but physically can't.

One day at a time. Just like with the m/s- thinking about the long term is too much.
Anitha likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the day goes by fast for you! Its hard when the doc says listen to your body, but your head is saying you don't want to miss out on $$! If you are very tired I would go home early- just do a half day. Once you get home it will all be worth it! Get the sleep in now before baby comes!
Anitha likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for the kind words. I a sorry some of you are also feeling this way! FWIW, I seem to feel much better now. In fact I went out with my coworker and got some lunch at Fazolis!!
I am hoping to sneak out early...we'll see. Hopefully the baby will drop a little bit in a couple weeks and give me some room to breathe!

July 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This heat wave is not helping matters. Fortunately I work from home, but I could barely make it back up our steep driveway after getting the mail today. If I am outside in the sun for more than 10 minutes I start feeling really woozy.
Anitha likes this.
July 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel your pain. I work at Starbucks and with the 100 deg heat, we had a line out the door all morning. By the time my shift was done I felt like I had been horseback riding! I gave my notice last week, because I really physically can't do this anymore. Only 6 more shifts for me to go and I'm gonna take them one at a time!
Anitha likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 06:17 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I have days where I feel the exact same way. Sometimes when I stand up, my legs and hips burn like I just ran a marathon. It's crazy. Then there are other times when my whole body just feels heavy, and my chest is tight. I can't hardly do anything without feeling like I need a nap!
Anitha likes this.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
July 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
TGIF amirite?? I hope you had a good rest of your day and you can get some rest this weekend!
Anitha likes this.
July 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you tried upping your protein on days you feel really fatigued? My midwife told me to try it and it has helped a lot!
Anitha likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 20th, 2013, 02:25 PM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
I'm definitely starting to feel the weight of the baby more, and with that comes the feeling of being short of breath at times. It's definitely to be expected, considering that I'm officially in the 3rd trimester now.
Anitha likes this.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
July 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I have been experiencing a lot of shortness of breath lately too. I tried to shampoo the area rug in the kitchen yesterday and I had to lay down for a while afterwards. Took me quite a while to feel normal again. I had hoped to tackle the rug in the living room too, but that wasn't going to happen, lol. I guess it will just keep getting harder until we hit the delivery date.
Anitha likes this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 23rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
((((HUGS))))) hoping you are feeling a little better.
Anitha likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search