WHAT are you going to pack in your hospital bag?

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bring all my toiletries: Deodorant, body wash, razor, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, make up... whatever I use on a daily basis to make me for "put together". After having a baby I found that if I'm just able to do that it automatically makes me feel better being put back together despite the trauma my body just went through.

My own bath towel. Their towels are tiny and awful.

Tanks and sweatshirt. With hormones raging I'm sweating one minute and freezing the next.

Bike shorts. I like that tight feeling when so much is going on down there. I don't want things shifting and then not catch the bleeding.

Camera
Charger
Birthing ball
Slippers
Blanket
Pillow
Lanisoh-- my first few weeks are *awful*, this is the only thing that helps a bit
Nursing bra
Gifts for the girls

For Babe:
2 different outfits
blanket
paci
hat
car seat
... nothing else really. Anything I would really need the hospital has and after that we are just coming home. Less is more for me.

wait... wow. I can't believe we are already needing to think about this!!

July 24th, 2013, 04:10 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be packing...
~ Toiletries - Soap, shampoo and conditioner, tooth brush and paste, hair brush, hair bands, deodorant and anything else I'm forgetting right now
~ Sweat pants
~ A few tank tops
~ A big hoody
~ Car Seat
~ Phone & Charger
~ Blanket for baby
~ Coming home outfit for baby
~ Diapers
~ Wipes
I think that about covers it....I don't do make up so I win on that front :0)

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"

Last edited by FishermansWife4; July 24th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.
July 29th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the post, I hadn't even thought about putting my list together yet, but I tend to overpack for everything so I'm guessing I'll have a quite a few unnecessary things. I'm trying to get tips from you gals. LoL

July 31st, 2013, 05:59 AM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
I got athena and vivian "big sis" "lil sis" outfits to wear when coming home, so ill be packing those. Im going to pack my pajamas and abrush along with toothbrush and toothpaste. Vivians baby book and my nursing pads. Im using the pads from the hospital though simply because theyre there. Lol idk what else yet but im sure theres more.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
July 31st, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I really need to start thinking about this and I am going to refer to this thread to make my list! For my first I brought WAY too much crap. Seriously I read like 5 different lists and brought stuff from all of them, I was way over-prepared. I am going to go much lighter this time, didn't realize that the hospital had so much to offer (pads, diapers etc). I like to take advantage of the free stuff myself!!

But I know I will bring my body wash and shampoo, little things to make me feel more human after the birth. And a coming home outfit for the baby obviously. Some comfy clothes. The camera.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

July 31st, 2013, 10:22 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haven't thought a whole lot about this yet... but here's what's on the top of my mind:

IPad
Camera
My own nursing gown (Yes, I'm the crazy one that wants to wear a cute polka dotted one!!)
Nursing bras
Travel toiletries-- OMG I remember my first shower after Sawyer and the smell of that particular shampoo now brings back fond memories.
stretchy pants, tanks, tees, maternity jeans-- my first time around the pants I brought (size L, were not big enough... and my maternity pants all sat right at my c section scar so they were out too. :/)
Own pads, some underwear, just in case. I usually use the hospital kind.

For baby-

a few outfits, especially my "I traveled all the way through the birth canal and all I got was this lousy onesie." LOVE it, hopefully I'll get my VBAC so it will be true, true.
binkies- the soothie kind.
Present for Sawyer

That's all I can think of right now!

July 31st, 2013, 04:21 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much bringing everything, lol. I will update my list tomorrow...gotta find it.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search