Stretch mark vent :(

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ILoveStorm2011

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 12:47 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I just looked at my stomach and my stretch marks are worse. I am so upset and my dh isn't around to help and no one in my family will help. My mom will judge that its somehow my fault and my dad will say something stupid. I know it's genetic and I already had some older one from puberty but these are so bad already and the go from above my hip to my belly button on either side of my lower stomach. They haven't really bothered me until I saw just a little bit ago that they're worse and higher up and I still have 9 weeks to go! By the end who knows how bad they'll be and this is only my first pregnancy and I am so young - which apparently can make it worse because I totally needed to read that, thanks google.
I just don't know how I'll get my body back or ever feel sexy or wear a two piece with these massive stretch marks. Ugh. Hormones.
July 30th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Julie
I understand. It is very hard to come to terms with this new, strange body our babies are helping create. Stretch marks were the worst thing for me to deal with, because even if I lost weight, I would never feel comfortable in a bikini again. But my sister got stretch marks and still wears a two piece after she lost the weight. I think they faded enough for her to feel comfortable, and since she's only had one child, they weren't too bad. I've heard amazing things about that Mederma lotion for scars, maybe try that after baby is born? You may still want to use cocoa butter lotion on your body since it may help to lessen the severity of the marks and at the very least help to prevent itching.

July 30th, 2013, 03:30 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first gave me a TON of stretch marks too, but it honestly hasn't bothered me too much. DH still thinks I look good so! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 30th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry.

My son gave them to me. It was depressing at the time. I've embraced the tankini suits.
July 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just noticed I'm getting them on my breasts!

I've been using the body oil for stretch marks daily since the first trimester and don't plan to stop anytime soon. They do fade, but certainly not the most attractive thing to look at right now.

July 30th, 2013, 07:36 AM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
I got a lot from my daughter on my lower belly and around my belly button, but not until I was "over due" (I had her at 42 weeks). I understand how upsetting it can be! I felt better about mine with time, and also after I treated myself to a really cute 1 piece bathing suit the following summer

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
July 30th, 2013, 07:49 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I will admit that when I wrote this I had put oil on them and they looked 10x worse - very red purple and HUGE, about an hour later after the oil was gone they looked better, not perfect.
I guess the only thing I can REALLY do if it bother DH (which they wont) is make him buy me a tummy tuck jk
Sorry I've been so venty I'm just alone and its hard when insecurities hit and there's no one to talk to
sweety_pie likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
First off, you can't judge your body for the way it looks now because once the baby decides to arrive your body will go through more changes. Just remember they do fade. Huge Hugs

Vent away. We all understand and are here for you.

July 30th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Once they fade out you'll hardly notice them.

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
July 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Each pregnancy I have gotten them in different areas. My first was the worst! I was 21. They fade over time and eventually you won't even notice them. I have worn a bikini since having my daughter, so don't worry, it can happen. It is hard though watching your body change in a way you don't want it to. But the good news is it's for the best reason ever!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive never cared about the baby related stretch marks, and I did get a ton with Athena. I used to get upset about the ones I had when I was overweight. I still love my baby marks though. Pregnancy is definately not a walk in the park but my girls are my world and the marks represent them growing.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
July 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got big ones on my boobs with my first, and they did fade eventually.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search