I feel like..

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 1 Post By jennyrae03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm back in the first trimester, but with some added bonuses like a big tummy and aching muscles.

But seriously, I am SOOOO tired! I can barely keep my eyes open at work. I'm trying to stay away from caffeine but I don't know what to do to keep me awake and motivated. I don't even feel like myself.

Anyone have any tips to stay awake during the day? Napping isn't much of an option here.

Ughhh I wish my maternity leave would start!
Druslady96 likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I'm always sleepy. I feel like I never get enough sleep, even if I sleep for 10 hours! And I have zero advice, because I'm a bad almost-mommy and jumped back on the caffeine train a long time ago.
soul_donut likes this.
July 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yeah it really does suck. I feel tired a lot more often too. I actually started taking my B vitamins again. I think it helps a little bit, but not as much as I would like.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
July 30th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sleepy too.
I actually got an awesome night of sleep last night, and still feel tired.
I do allow myself a cup of coffee. Sometimes 2!

I think it just comes with the end stages of pregnancy. I did some light house work this morning, took my kids outside to play for a bit, and was seriously dragging making them their lunches. I usually get a smaller burst of energy after dinner.

It's pathetic. lol.
July 30th, 2013, 10:45 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Feeling the same way here! I also still drink my tea lol I always get so sleepy around 2 pm everyday!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 30th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Leah
I'm drinking a little caffeine, though it's more about headaches than what it does to keep me awake. Itry to get up and walk aaround a little bit every so often, but only because I can't focus.

I feel so out of it. And I can't sleep through the night for the life of me. And I read that the muscle relaxer they gave me to sleep is not recommended for third trimester. And OTC sleeping stuff never works. And, and, and... Wahhh! I swear it makes me want to cry. Even my hormones are worse.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
July 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I told my DH this morning to think of me as a growing boy right now, lol! I just want to sleep and eat that's it.

July 30th, 2013, 04:08 PM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I sm with you.. currently summoning the energy to stand up and take a shower. I drink coffee but that doesn't even help..
July 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the same way and my kids aren't helping matters. The past couple nights I have been woken up 3-4 times between the 3 kids. I try and stay away from caffeine but that hasn't been possible the past few days. I have found that if I sit down it makes my day much worse. My girls are in camp this week from 9-12 and until they get home the only time I sit down is to drive them to and from camp. I try to get my work done then so that if I sit down in the afternoon and loose all motivation I don't feel so guilty.
July 30th, 2013, 07:56 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Nope can't help lol.
If I have to be awake longer than 5 hours I get a small coffee. If somebody says something I tell them I can have up to 200 mgs and this is a better option than me getting into an accident because I am just so tired.
Heck I have 2 finals and another exam left and I just DO NOT want to study at all which is unlike me.
July 30th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I am always exhausted now, I do drink some caffeine if I have to!
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

July 30th, 2013, 09:29 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm feeling the same way. So tired of being tired lol!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 30th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
SOOOO on the same page... I actually HAD to go and take a nap yesterday because I could not concentrate or keep my eyes open... I wish I had a suggestion for you but maternity leave will be here before we know it!

July 31st, 2013, 02:50 AM
Julie
Allow yourself some caffeine: You have have up to 250 mg safely, probably a little more even. Caffeine doesn't really work that well for me, but it might for you.

July 31st, 2013, 06:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Same, I am exhausted most days. I am hoping I am not anemic or anything, got my glucose blood draw yesterday so I will soon if I am. I normally am not anemic but the pre-natals I take don't have iron in them so we'll see.

This pregnancy thing was so much easier when I didn't have another kid to look after! My son gave up naps long ago.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

July 31st, 2013, 09:32 AM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yea I broke down and had a Starbucks refresher which has "natural" caffeine whatever that means. I felt a whole lot better..but now today, same story! My eyes are so heavy but I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks ladies for the advice!
July 31st, 2013, 09:47 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee319 View Post
Same, I am exhausted most days. I am hoping I am not anemic or anything, got my glucose blood draw yesterday so I will soon if I am. I normally am not anemic but the pre-natals I take don't have iron in them so we'll see.

This pregnancy thing was so much easier when I didn't have another kid to look after! My son gave up naps long ago.
My prenatal had like 8mg of iron in them, definitely not enough and I ended up anemic! Hopefully now that I'm on iron my levels will go up so I can feel better!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

July 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On the tired boat with you too! I still have my one caffeine drink a day (sometimes 2), because I am just that naughty. But it doesn't really help, I'm just obsessed with coke. I agree with whoever said that sitting down does not help! Lol, I find if I keep pushing myself, then I sort of avoid it. BUT if I sit down, I'm never getting back up, haha.

July 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran
I don't know if I could survive some days without caffeine. I've been limiting my intake, but I do need it sometimes. Naps don't seem to help, I'm still tired when I wake up!
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search