Shaving. TMI

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I've officially sworn off of it
Let's just say not only is it not pretty, but I like cut myself. With trimmers. I dont even know how that's possible with those protective things but I managed to do it multiple times and now I am suffering.
August 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
OMG... I was totally tired of it so I tried in the mirror with clippers too and cut myself too! How the heck does that happen... It's not the best but at least it's a little improvement. I'm going to be scheduling a wax soon I just know it!

August 8th, 2013, 03:20 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't do it very good either, I tried a mirror yesterday, still doesn't look great! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 8th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I gave up on 'down there' a couple of weeks ago, but plan on trying to do some sort of trimming when I get close to delivery time. I want it to be somewhat cleaned up down there for the Doctors and nurses sake, lol.
Druslady96 likes this.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 8th, 2013, 06:04 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, if I can't see it...
Will probably have DH clean me up down there with the clippers closer to delivery.

August 8th, 2013, 06:12 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
I use the little beard trimmers and knock on wood have yet to damage the girl... It is getting increasingly difficult though which really grosses me out. I started shaving my "there hair" when I was 13 because I thought it was so disgusting, I still feel that way.
jennyrae03 likes this.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
August 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Leah
I managed to snip myself with the beard trimmers. I wish I could wax, but my skin disagrees. I'm guessing I'll have to have SO help out.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
August 8th, 2013, 09:03 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywife View Post
I started shaving my "there hair" when I was 13 because I thought it was so disgusting, I still feel that way.
I didn't start quite that early, but I'm right there with you. Probably in high school I started trimming it and then shaving it. I can't stand having hair down there! Thankfully I can still see well enough to shave.

Sometimes I don't look on purpose to see how good of a shave I can get when I can't see - you know, like "practice" for when my belly finally gets in the way of my line of sight. I'm weird.
August 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Girl get this: Gillette Venus Bikini Trimmer

it's pretty much knick-proof.
August 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use clippers and knick myself too. I gave up trying and will get DH to clean me up down there closer to my c-date.

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
August 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I just use the Sally Hansen nair type stuff. works good for me, and it's only $3 at our local 5 below store. I hate shaving that area anyway so this works best for me.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_donut View Post
Girl get this: Gillette Venus Bikini Trimmer

it's pretty much knick-proof.
I have that Schick one that is pink and electric so maybe that was my downfall? Lol
August 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
"Shay-see"
IDK about nair stuff... hair is like the last thing that biodegrades when you die. Anything that can dissolve it is not something I want anywhere near me. Eek.

I've mostly just given it up. I'll probably ask for some clipper assistance before I go in for the CS, but from now until then it's pretty much a NatGeo filming set up in here.
August 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
MrsHoot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just talking to my DH about this the other day. I had kind of forgotten about it and when I looked, it wasn't pretty! Tried to shave and have myself massive razor burn and random bald or hairy patches, lol. DH says I get a free pass when I'm pregnant.
Druslady96 likes this.

August 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure my DH would love if I was taking care of this now, but I haven't in so long and we haven't discussed it. I think I gave it a trim a few weeks ago, but I can't be sure. Will probably trim with beard scissors closer to my DD.

I meant "due date" not "dear daughter"!! lol
August 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasaidh View Post
IDK about nair stuff... hair is like the last thing that biodegrades when you die. Anything that can dissolve it is not something I want anywhere near me. Eek.

I've mostly just given it up. I'll probably ask for some clipper assistance before I go in for the CS, but from now until then it's pretty much a NatGeo filming set up in here.
I don't think it dissolves hair as much as it "releases" the hair. I tried it once before I got married as it stunk to high heaven and didn't even get all my hair.

I shave down there about once a week, I (and Dh) hate anything down there. So I've already gotten plenty of practice just feeling around. It is getting pretty difficult. I shaved all the way up to delivery with Alexis.

August 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I can't use nair. I tried once and did both legs at the same time and put it on too long and because I had so much to take off it was on even longer (like an extra 5 min) and I ended up with scabs ALL over my legs.
Imagining that on my fair lady is enough to just let it grow.
August 8th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Leah
I considered Nair, but after having an infection followed by a yeast infection early on, I'm über paranoid about getting anything with fragrance around my hoo ha. :/
Druslady96 likes this.

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
August 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
I had been bugging DH to help me and he kept saying no... LoL. So I did what I could and will schedule a wax (even though my skin doesn't really like those) before delivery, I don't want a bush when in labor... LoL.

August 9th, 2013, 04:37 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I can't use the Nair brand either. It makes me bleed, but the sally hansen stuff seems to be more gentle. I got the sensitive skin one and so far it has worked wonderfully. I actually got it because of infection problems. I have had a few UTI's and YI's this time around and my OB suggested going "bald" down there. She is actually the one that suggested the sally hansen brand stuff. If you don't like that what about Veet? Isn't that kind of similar? The "razor" that you get with that doesn't have any blades.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search