Anyone else?????

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I both have a feeling this baby is going to come sooner than later. Idk why, we just feel that way. Both my babies have came 5 to 9 days early before, but I'm thinking even sooner for this LO. Anyone else having a crazy feeling like this or ever had this actually happen? I'm thinking I'm crazy, but I believe that the new moon is on the 5th of Oct. and my last day of work is scheduled for Oct. 6th!!

This is , but I always have doc strip my membranes and I'm not sure if they can at 38 weeks anymore, but that will be Oct. 2nd. I think the perameters on which they can do this have changed with every pregnancy.

After this happens, I usually walk a lot that night and bam, baby next day....not sure how that will go for me though!!! lol

August 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
I had that feeling with my last baby, and it didn't happen. I was induced on my EDD due to GD and pelvic fracture.
I have the same feeling again, but I am thinking that she will most likely be late just because I am thinking that she will be early, lol. One of those "just my luck" kind of things

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
I have kinda just been haiving a feeling something will be different with this baby. I don't know if that means he will come early or I'm just being a worry wart, but I've felt from almost the beginning that this baby/labor is not going to be like my other kids, all where late and induced.
August 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
No. I have always said that I completely lack any kind of female/motherly intuition in this area. I don't ever have a feeling about what the sex of the baby is. And, I definitely don't have a feeling about when I'll have the baby.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
August 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, i just knew Sawyer would be early. I knew it would be while DH (a firefighter) was on a 24 hour shift. I was using a birth center and I knew I HAD to make it to 37 weeks exactly for the midwife to deliver me there. During my first trimester I wrote it on my calander on May 31, "OK to have baby now!" My water broke that day. I had him the next.

I am feeling early with this one but I will get off my feet and try to go longer than 37 weeks. sawyer wasn't ready when he came out. He could have used another 2 weeks of baking.

August 19th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Loni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty sure I'll be late. I have been with all my babies so why would this one be any different?
iCathy likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 10:14 AM
After talking with work, Idk if I want this baby coming early...I may not get paid for the last 3-4 weeks of leave I want to take off. Our sick pool covers 6 weeks, not sure why it matters whether it's the first 6 wks or last 6 wks....so now I'm bummed, I was really banking on being home til my DD goes back to school after Christmas break. Maybe I'll just suck it up and try to work up until D-Day...makes me sad ..

August 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel like this baby will be early too. Not preemie early but sometime in the 37th-38th week. DS was 37 wks 6 days and I know that doesn't mean anything, this one could be a 41 weeker for all I know (my OB induces at 41 wks)...but I just have a feeling s/he won't be. I am guessing I will have an end of September baby.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
CountryMedic911's Avatar Kerana mama to be in 2013
Everyone in my family and DH's family think Jacob will be here for his baby shower Sept 21st....I think he will be here after that since he hasn't dropped haven't really had many contractions a few weeks ago I had them bad and nothing since
jamieshalon2 likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the awesome siggy!
August 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced at 36 weeks last time, but the doctors said when they induced me it look like my body was starting to get ready to go into labor naturally sometime soon, so I do wonder if this one will come early if I am not induced.
August 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I feel like I will, but I'm huge and I think that's why.
I'll probably be 4 days late.
allysmomma likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm really hoping now that it doesn't come early, maybe I'll stray away from the membrane stripping and see how long I will go!! lol The closer to the holidays, the better for me, I'll just pack my bags and keep them in the truck when it gets close, cuz i'll be darned if my kid is born in this horrible place I work!!! lol

August 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I thought with my daughter I would go early, how early I didn't know. I had her at 39w2d. This one I have a feeling that it will be earlier than that. Maybe in the 38 weekish time? Who knows, as long as baby comes out healthy then I'm game for whenever this baby arrives

August 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be shocked if I go earlier than 39 weeks. My first came on her due date and my second came 3 days early. I think Jude really has the potential to go late...

August 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
It's exciting to hear what all these little momma's think and feel like will happen, I'd like to know if the instincts were on the money after they are all born!!

August 20th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I have gone into labor within 5-8hrs after every membrane strip I have gotten and my doc will strip my membranes at 38wks that will be Oct 7th so I strongly feel she will be here the 7th or 8th
allysmomma likes this.
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 10mo 10/10/13

August 21st, 2013, 12:56 AM
Lotsakids's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of my babies have been born around 39 1/2 weeks, so I figure there is a good chance this bub will come around the same time

Mama to -
DD16, DD15, DD13, DS11, DS5, DD3

Evelyn Isobel is here! Born - 2nd November 2013
August 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS was born at 37 weeks, 4 days. DD was born at 37 weeks 1 day.
I just pray this baby stays put until then. I'd love to make it to 38 weeks. DD was jaundice and it was stressful.
August 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have never had a gut feeling on things. My first 4 were induced past my due date. With #2 I thought for SURE she was coming early. Not that lucky.

With #4 I wanted to stay pregnant forever, I felt great! loved how I looked, was bummed when I was past my due date and they said okay we are going to have you induced.

My others... #5 was born ON his due date, #6 37 weeks and 1 day, #7 37 weeks.

This one.... who knows. I know they won't let me go past 39 weeks. So its a big question all together. I don't have a feeling either way.

I know with my first few kids stripping the membranes they did starting at 38 weeks, but it seems at least here, the docs don't like to do that at all anymore. Obviously if you aren't dialated enough they can't strip them.

I am finding more and more docs are hands off till they NEED to. With the first few kids they checked to see how things were progressing every week from 36 weeks on. But other than the group b test at 36 weeks and a quick cervical check, that seems like all they want to do at all now. I know the practice I go to do not strip membranes.

August 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
During my 32 week appt on Wed, Dr. and I discussed my labor and such. She thought that I went pretty quick last time, about 8 hours after I got to the hospital, vs. 21 hours on DD. She was concerned that I continue to work past 10/06 b/c she knows I live roughly an hr to hr and 15 min from the hospital. She's mentioned induction, but I'm not sure I want that, I don't want to "plan" my baby's bday, ya know, but I also don't want to have my baby on the side of the highway!! lol I am due on 10/16, US at 18 wks said 10/12, I've had babies early both times, probably due to stripping membranes and I'm thinking about working til 10/10 now and possibly, I mean a strong possibly for having being induced on the 11th or maybe getting my membranes stripped then and walking like crazy that night or weekend . Dr. said she was going to be outta town the 17th-20th and I could be induced on the 21st, but crap, I don't think I'll make it that long. Dilemma's Dilemma's...what to do? lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search