eyeballs in your head please...

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By happywife
  • 2 Post By Aimee319
  • 2 Post By MrsPea
  • 1 Post By ~*Nicole*~
  • 2 Post By WorkerBeeMama
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 06:46 AM
happywife's Avatar Super Mommy
My belly is huge, I have been asked several times whether or not I am having twins. I know my belly is huge, I am all baby and I look like I am about to fall forward, but are the stares really necessary? Have you not ever seen another pregnant woman with a huge belly? Really? Even some of the nurses during my last hospital stay commented on my belly. Argh...
allysmomma likes this.

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
August 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
People are rude. It is not polite to stare at someone no matter WHAT and some people apparently never got the memo. Plus I'm sure you look great. I love seeing the pregnant women that are all big round belly, it's so cute.
allysmomma and happywife like this.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 20th, 2013, 07:20 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well for what it's worth after looking at your maternity shots your belly looks great! For having as many kids as you have and no stretch marks, I hope I'm as lucky as you.

Maddie's got lots of room to get comfy in there, nothing wrong with that!
allysmomma and jamieshalon2 like this.

August 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yeah gotta love those comments.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
ugg I know the feeling. I end up being all belly at the end and I have 9-10 lb babies so I get the whole twins thing alot!! But I do have ot say after looking at my 37-39 week belly shots from my last pregnancy I can see why some people asked. My belly was huge. But still It is rude to stare like that!
August 20th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not cool. Especially the nurses. They of all people at least, should know better!

August 20th, 2013, 10:08 AM
~*Nicole*~'s Avatar Nicole
I will never understand why people find it acceptable to comment on a pregnant woman's size. Most people would never comment on a non-pregnant woman's size, right?! It's so rude
Druslady96 likes this.

siggy made by Meredithh90!!!

August 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been so bad with the comments and people touching my belly this go around, I'm like come on, I don't reach out and rub all over you, why do you feel it's necessary to do that to me?!?!?!?! I've carried this baby different than all the rest, so I'm just a belly with legs and arms and it looks huge, but if I hear, "Man, you're about to pop!" one more time, I'm just gonna start saying, "Yeah, I was due last week, just gonna see how long it wants to bake before falling out!!!" RUDE!!!! lol

August 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've found that this pregnancy, people are so much more rude than my previous pregnancies. Not because i am bigger or anything, but just because people seem to have less tact in general. People act sorry for me when I tell them I still have 6 weeks left.
happywife and Druslady96 like this.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
August 20th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Yup I am super tiny and my belly gets HUGE every baby I am allll big baby belly, I just ignore people's comments now or smile and nod my head!!!!
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

August 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
Can't stand it.... We had a new girl start at work TODAY and she asked me when I was due and then if I was having twins because I'm so big. My response, "Not really"... I wanted to say something really rude but considering it was work... well, I had to bite my tongue.

August 21st, 2013, 03:20 AM
Julie
Yeah. I will drive out of my way to a different supermarket where people aren't familiar with me because I am tired of people commenting and/or looking. I feel like I am way too big in the belly for this stage though because my OB measured my belly since and hasn't since. Do they take one look at me and think "OK, she's definitely not too small, no need to measure". Eeek.

August 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the stares. People stare at me, but I think it is more because I look so young. I am 24 but could easily pass for 18 and Dd is 5. So when I go to the park with her and the youngest boy I nanny people look at me like I am crazy-then give me dirty looks.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 21st, 2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Corinthians10:4 View Post
I hate the stares. People stare at me, but I think it is more because I look so young. I am 24 but could easily pass for 18 and Dd is 5. So when I go to the park with her and the youngest boy I nanny people look at me like I am crazy-then give me dirty looks.
I know what you mean Megan! I am 38 and still get carded when we go to dinner and I want a social drink (hubby does not and he 5 years younger than me ) But when my oldest three were little, I actually had someone ask me once if I started when I was 12!!!

Married to my bestfriend Graham and proud mommy to Codi - 15, Kevin - 13, DJ - 11, Mylyn & McKynlee - 3 & Graham Jr. ~born on Earth, living in Heaven ~ May 9, 2012
August 21st, 2013, 09:27 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
Me too I'm 29 and could pass for 20 I get the worst stares when I have all of my girls with me lol
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 1 10/10/13

August 22nd, 2013, 07:53 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
really? Looking at your maternity shoot, your belly doesn't look too huge to me. Looks just right.

At least people can clearly tell you are pregnant, it seems I just look extra fat to people and not everyone realizes im pregnant. Makes me feel even crappier about myself.

And even better, for those that DO notice I am pregnant and see the other kids... and then count them... you should see the looks then.
happywife likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post

And even better, for those that DO notice I am pregnant and see the other kids... and then count them... you should see the looks then.
I get this too, Maddie will be number, but our 6th living child. However I always tell people that she is number 7. I HATE the classic comment "you know what causes that right?" Where did the stigma come from that after you have two kids you're supposed to stop? I love being a mom and if it were not for my health issues and being 38, we would keep going. It's truly no one's business.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search