Overall good appointment

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wren

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My ultrasound and midwife appointment today went well. The baby is measuring 85% percentile, and the placenta and fluid levels look fine. No concern about restricted growth, but now with the GD they want to make sure he stays below 90%.

My daughter was really excited to see the ultrasound. She kept yelling "Hi baby brother!" at the screen. Then after 5 minutes she got bored and my husband had to take her to the play room.

The midwife thought my blood sugars looked pretty good and thinks I won't need to go on medication. I just need to do the 4 times a day testing for another week, and then hopefully not so frequently.

My diagnosis of cholestasis was confirmed, so I get to start my bi-weekly NSTs next week. Lots of missed work and scrambling for childcare, but it is only for 6 weeks or so (and I can't complain compared to those of you on bed rest). They are going to do an amnio at 37 weeks and probably induce right around then, so my due date just got moved from Oct. 22nd to Oct. 1st!

I got some really cute 3D pictures too.
MrsPea likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 08:00 PM
SierraWinter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad it was a good appt. Post u/s pics! Its sweet that your daughter was saying hi to him
That's a bump in your due date! You get to meet baby sooner. Are they doing that for the cholestasis or the GD?
August 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Leah
Awww, that's cute. Maybe the pictures will help my niece understand. Speaking of pics, pics, please.

Yay for no medication for the GD!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
August 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad it went well!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 21st, 2013, 04:44 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
All sounds pretty good so far. I am glad that everything went ok.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Julie
Wow, big due date change, how exciting!

August 21st, 2013, 06:23 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad all is well with your LO! That's really sweet about your DD being so excited for her LB to arrive. Also very exciting to have a definite due date!

August 21st, 2013, 05:12 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear no medication is needed for the GD. What about your other diagnosis? Medication? Altered diet? Altered....something else? That's the itchy thing, right? I hope it gets settled for you soon. I can only imagine how much of a pain that could be. I'm itchy and miserable but I doubt it's anything like you being itchy and miserable. I hope it all gets worked out for you soon. So cute to hear about your little girl saying that to your little boy. Total awwwe moment!
I think a few of us are intending on October 1st babies, which will mean the board will be quiet for a while then BAM! There we go during sleepless nights lol

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
August 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on medication for the cholestasis, called ursodiol. No real side effects except occasional mild nausea. Diet is a low fat diet. The baby needs fat, but fat is what triggers the release of bile acids and makes the itching worse. So far this pregnancy the itching hasn't been anything like last pregnancy. The last 2 days have been worse, but it has also been hot.
August 22nd, 2013, 06:45 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Sounds like its going well... bummer on the extra appointments, I hope it goes smooth for you though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search