3rd Tri Anxiety

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsPea
  • 2 Post By jamieshalon2
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont know what's wrong with me. I was excited about this pregnancy all along, and I still am, but ever since I hit the 3rd tri I just feel very anxious about adding a 3rd child to the mix. To the point where I'm tired of being pregnant but I'm not sure I want baby to be here yet because I'm afraid I'll get no sleep.

Anyone else feeling like a nut?

[IMG]h ttp://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc187/kellybabe05/natural2.gif[/IMG]
August 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Yes, I do get like that a lot of days. I think it is just hormones for the most part. Honestly though it is always a huge thing to add another human being to the family. It is a lot on everyone involved.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
east to west coast's Avatar ~Melissa~
I've definitely had moments recently where I start to freak out in my head a bit about having to go through the newborn stage again, and also just adding another kid to our family. Like you said- I'm truly excited, but I also remember all too well how difficult the first few months are, and I've heard that they're even more trying when you had a 2 year old to the mix.

Thank you, MommaDucks, for my lovely siggy
August 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to a Meet the Midwives last night at my birth center, one of them is due in 2 weeks and she said she was also nervous to add a new baby on top of her 18 month child. Even midwives get nervous!
curlimama05 likes this.

August 21st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh heck yes!!

DH and I were in bed last night around 11 joking about our nights to come.
"We'll get in bed at 10, baby will wake up to eat, poop, poop, need a clothing change. We'll get him settled at 12. He'll get up at 2 for a change and boob, get him settled, our 3 year old will wake up screaming. Get her settled. Baby will be up at 5, change, boob, settled at 615. Big kids will be up at 7 for school. Lol."

Sleepless nights are coming. We are just trying to be chill about it because we can't change it.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a baby who sleeps??!
August 21st, 2013, 08:01 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get like this sometimes too, particularly on days where I'm overwhelmed or tired already. Take the past few days for instance...I'm sick with the worst cold I've had in years, trying to get my daughters ready to start the school year, trying to clean my messy house up, and really needing to get something set up for the baby, but here I am sick and exhausted, getting nothing done. For the past few days I was wondering what I could have possibly been thinking trying to add a new baby to the mix, and how I'd handle her if I can hardly cope now.

Quote:
Maybe I'll get lucky and get a baby who sleeps??!
Let's hope we all get one of these!
August 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
If it helps any I have to say that my transition from 2 kids to 3 kids was much easier on us than from 1 to 2 kids for some reason. I have heard a lot of people say that too.
sweety_pie and curlimama05 like this.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 21st, 2013, 08:08 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
Yep yep yep.
Getting so anxious because it really is very close now! Worried about no sleep, having to constantly worry about an itty-bitty baby, and everything else.
August 21st, 2013, 08:48 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep! I'm nervous and anxious when I sit and actually think about it too!! Glad to hear that 2-3 is easier then 1-2 though! lol

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...
August 21st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 View Post
If it helps any I have to say that my transition from 2 kids to 3 kids was much easier on us than from 1 to 2 kids for some reason. I have heard a lot of people say that too.
Excited to hear this!
sweety_pie likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 10:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I dont think anything is going to make me feel better until he or she is here and I see that I can handle it.

August 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Julie
I am definitely having mixed emotions. Some days I kind of enjoy being pregnant since I can still take a little nap when my two year old naps, and I have an excuse for being hormonal or emotional. But then another day I feel so anxious just to have him out and to start this crazy next chapter that is just looming over me.

August 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have moments like that too, where I am already so tired and can't imagine waking up every hour (about how often DS used to wake up) and then having to be up all day with 2 kids. It scares me a little but I know I will get through it.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I'm starting to think DH is more excited than I am. Sometimes I just want to cry because I can't breathe to the point where my heart starts to pound and I'll pass out if I don't sit down. I'm really scared of the first few days after DH goes back to work and I'm recovering from a c/s and having to carry a newborn down a flight of stairs after getting DS ready for school and walking to the bus stop. I really enjoy the first few months but I don't know how I'm supposed to handle the first few weeks.
August 21st, 2013, 03:45 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me! I have days where I am excited and can't wait and days where I freak out. Plus I am so uncomfortable that I just cannot wait to have my own body back again. Pregnancy is difficult on a woman.

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
August 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
FishermansWife4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not going to lie, I'm seriously anxious over this. Some days I wonder what I was thinking but then I think about the positives : getting to watch her grow, teaching her all she needs to know, watching her interact with my other 3 children, watching her experience life and all the little moments that make me smile and I know it'll be okay. Don't get me wrong, there are times I forget and start freaking out again, but in the end, it's definitely going to be okay. No matter what, we're moms and this is what we were made for

PS - Going from 2-3 was a lot easier for me than going from 1-2 children. My middle two are 1 year and 21 days apart btw. I'm hoping going from 3-4 won't cause me to freak but I think it's going to be as easy as 2-3. I'll let you know in the later months

PSS - The C-section thing is totally freaking me out though. Needle to the back? No feeling in my legs? Surgery? Nope. Not ready yet. Don't think I'll ever be ready but ready or not, 6 weeks, here we come!

2013 Mommy
"No freedom til' we're equal. D*mn right I support it." - Macklemore "Same love"
August 22nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Um.... I still am not ready. Not so much in denial I guess, but more of I am kinda afraid of when baby gets here... how are we gonna do it?
curlimama05 likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just hoping for a really laid back baby...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search