excuse my whine

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 06:33 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
30 weeks pregnant and 'vacationing' in OKC where dh and I have a house that we rent out to a friend, the reason for the visit? To fix a fence that we told the neighbor we'd fix more than a year ago.
To be honest I'm ticked off.
Why doesn't the neighbor fix the dang fence?
Why didn't our friend/tenant find the time in the last year and a half to fix it like he said he would (we bought the supplies and they have sat in the yard that long waiting to be used).
Vacation is NOT vacation for us... it is work. And it SUCKS!!! true we have gotten to see lot of our friends that we have really missed since moving so far away (san diego with the military, and then Michigan for the only job DH could get at the time), but why is my husband outside working in 90+ degree weather ALONE to replace a fence?
I wasn't angry about it until last night our tenant/friend came home early to help with the fence but didn't tell us that he was going to and we'd already left (DH had been out there all day), and we accidentally forgot to lock his truck (he let DH borrow it to pick up some more supplies) and he got so angry he was throwing things around and wouldn't talk to DH, and nearly hurt himself a few times. We didn't do anything to warrant that much anger, it was an accident. And this isn't just a tenant, he is our friend... and our relationship has been good, I wouldn't say great, but very good although long distance until now...
I need to spend some time in prayer, this guy seems to be stuck in a depressed state and all our mutual friends are seeing him slide away and don't know what to do about it....
not looking forward to cleanin up the yard that was already a mess with branches and such this afternoon.... but gotta get it done, this house is OUR house and should be taken care of.

August 21st, 2013, 06:37 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
awe, I am sorry you guys have to deal with all of that right now. I really hope that your friend/tenant can get a hold on what is actually bothering/going on with him and get himself on a good track again.

Jamie age 37-Married to Widget age 33 for 14 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 21st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
August 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh, sorry for such a bad situation. I hope your friend/ tenant can find some help for his depression.

August 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks girls.
It is hard, we've seen him struggling and not getting better for the last 3 years that he has lived there, this is the first time it has really affected our house though.
Doesn't help that we were thinking now might be a good time to sell it and we discovered that instead of the value going up (as we hoped since it is really close to where the huge tornado hit in Moore, and people should be looking for places to live now) it has actually gone down in value and we will have to hold onto it longer... I don't mind the holding on to it, but the maintenance for things like this are hard, since this is NO vacation.... it has been hard on all of us, kids have not gotten enough sleep lately, Husband has worked his tail off for three days, and I'm well... tired, pregnant, sick of sleeping on an air mattress, and all that....
I'm feeling slightly better now though... going to get a shower for the first time in a few days and I've got the kids in bed to take naps, so maybe we will recover a bit today.

August 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Julie
Sounds like a very difficult, stressful situation. I hope you can get some rest before baby is born.

August 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Veteran
It sucks when people say they will do something and then don't.
Team Green turned Team Blue, October 25th 2013
August 21st, 2013, 11:25 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow that does sound like a sucky vacation (nonvacation). I am sorry you are having to go through that.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry your friend is going through that, and I am sorry that you have someone staying there who is maybe not going to be totally on top of things and stable. That must be stressful, and I can't imagine having to be fixing and cleaning things in the heat while pregnant.
August 22nd, 2013, 06:51 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That really does suck.

Don't over do it my dear.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search