update on the move...long

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mama2ladybugs
  • 1 Post By mama2ladybugs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
mama2ladybugs's Avatar Super Mommy
ok i did want to come back on here and let you all know how the move has been going. the actual moving day was h***!!! we went to pick up our 17' truck at 9am on sunday, but they didn't have it, so i stood there for an hr waiting to find out what they were going to do about it. the guy ended up telling me i could either get a 26' truck for no additional charge or if i really want the 17', he can give me the address to another location who has confirmed they have one. well, i went with the bigger truck because why not! lol. he also told us that he was going to just go ahead and give us 24 hrs with the truck and the appliance dolly for no additional charge. WIN!!!! then it took us until 4pm to load the truck which i figured happened because eric was hauling the furniture on the truck himself...i really wasn't much help with anything, not even boxes. i felt so worn out and in pain and the stress of getting everything done was at it's highest point. it did make me feel pretty bad too because i didn't feel like i had any real reason to not handle the boxes that weren't even heavy. ANYWAY...we got to the apartment around 4:30, got our keys, and then it started pouring. and it continued to rain on and off the rest of the night. we worked on the boxes first and we had to wait anyway for the guy to get off work who said he would help eric with the furniture. thank god they came over!!! his girlfriend is pregnant as well, we had a blast while the guys were hauling the furniture! lol. we didn't finish with the truck though until 4am, and then we had to go back over to the townhouse to clean. 3 hrs later, i was in tears. i was exhausted, aggravated, the realtor had informed me that he thought we were doing the walk thru tuesday morning, which he ended up agreeing to come over at 2pm. plus we still had a ton to do and i had to work at 4pm monday. eric told me to go home and take a nap, so i did. i took a 3 hr nap, went back over, and continued to help him clean and pack the last of the little things. 2pm came, the realtor showed up, and although it was literally down to the last couple things, i wasn't finished. i just told him "i'm just finishing up, we've been so behind between getting our truck late and the constant rain through the day and night yesterday". he did a quick walk thru, said everything looked great and then he headed out.

the past 2 days, i've been unpacking and trying to set everything up, but it's definately challenging when you're living in a 1 bedroom apartment and you have a 2nd child on the way. it'll work for the year we are going to be here, but if we hadn't gone through all the hooplah the past few months then i definately would've had us in a 2 bedroom at least. but i've accomplished so much the past couple days in this place, i'm so proud of myself!!! we still have to move our bed and the crib around so that we can fit the toddler bed in there as well, but we almost have it worked out. the place already looks like an apartment LOL. i don't have a lot left though as far as unpacking goes. some of the stuff is staying packed because it's either pre-pregnancy clothes or winter clothes. we have a walk in closet so i put the long dresser in there and i'm using the space on the sides as storage. the tall dresser is being used as a stand for our tv, and the cedar chest is going at the foot of our bed and will be used as a toy box.

Thank you Babydoll213 for my beautiful siggy

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
August 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
oh and my stress level has dropped dramatically!! thank the LORD!!! LOL. i feel so much better now. i still can't wait for it all to be done, but i definately see the progress already so it'll be fine.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017
August 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Julie
Whoa, what a busy time, glad it's almost over with.

August 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I moved a week or two before I had my first. I loved it! I just pointed and directed. lol Paid people off with pizza. Next time we move, we will not be expecting with is awesome and crummy at the same time cause I'll be hauling boxes as well.

I'm glad it's coming together for you! Hope you don't get too tired with all the work.
August 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's going to feel sooooooo good when everything is done and put away! Hang in there!

August 21st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Wren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope next week you can crash and relax a bit. Glad the actual move is over though!
August 21st, 2013, 09:11 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
I completely understand!! We did a huge move during the first of July and it was horrible!!! It was so freakin hot, traffic was terrible, I drove for 7 hours while my poor cat was getting car sick...ugh. I am so glad you are starting to feel better! Just wait until you get settled in!
August 22nd, 2013, 04:15 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
whew, that made me tired just reading it. I hope you can get some rest soon.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 22nd, 2013, 07:08 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
whew! I wished I could help you out.

You are almost there and can relax for a bit before that babes gets here.

August 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Thanks ladies!! I've already caught up on my sleep. I was able to sleep in until 10am the other morning. The place is done except for 3 or 4 boxes, but they are such small boxes to begin with, so i'll probably take care of it tomorrow after work. We did some rearranging so now I have a lot more room to work with.
Wren likes this.

WTTC #3 Fall 2017

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search