Baby items needing returned or exchanged....

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By drewbears
  • 1 Post By Fortroseberry

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
My favorite place to shop is Target. I usually stocked up on diapers with my others there. I would get a pack here and there when I was out.... I did start out early though.

I know they have a strict return policy there, which at times can be VERY annoying.

With Bella I had gotten a lot of diapers, I had a ton of newborn size and she out grow them and I needed the size 1. Target wouldn't let me exchange it without the receipt.

So back then... there was a trick... not sure if it still works, but its worth a try for future reference.

You could make a registry on target.com add things like your diapers in the sizes you want or need. If you did stock up on diapers, and need to return or exchange them and dont have your receipt you can go to your registry update your number of received. I think I then just printed it out and said I got them as a gift and need a different size.

Just thought I would put that out there. Im bad for keeping receipts.
Spyctre likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
lol Tricky! That reminds me I need to go to Target to pay for some diapers. I accidentally stole some recently. They were at the bottom of the buggy. =P They are sticklers for receipts! I had some baby gear I brought back all of a week later, and they wouldn't give me my full refund because I had no receipt.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
August 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Fortroseberry's Avatar Veteran
I guess our Target is return friendly. I always put things on my debit card, so the receipt is always there?
Txmom4 likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We returned some to Walmart I believe. They took them as exchange only with no receipt, but they did take them no hassles.

August 22nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
"Shay-see"
Yeah IME if it's an unopened item that they carry, Target will accept them back in exchange for store credit.

If they've changed their policy it's probably because too many people buy on a discount and then try to exchange them again at full price. :/
August 22nd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Wanta.number2's Avatar Hi, I'm Tiffani!
The few times that I had to do a return without a receipt, both Targets in my area will just swipe the debit or credit card I used to look up the transaction. However, wen it comes to things like diapers, I would be keeping my receipts just in case.
August 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Our target is very strict with returns. And they do look up stuff by your debit card..... Now I'm trying to remember if I used my card with the one pack of diapers I bought. It's only one so I'm good, but I'll have to make sure I use my card.

I did end up entertaining myself yesterday making a registry and adding things though for the heck of it. I guess I can kinda use that as a shopping list. It made me think of stuff I should probably get now before baby comes. Like a baby bath tub, at least one towel and some wash rags as well as baby soap. Oops.

Oh! A baby fingernail clipper.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search