Baby Clothes Question

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JeCaLe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering how many items I need to buy for little dude...I have mostly been buying Carters 3mo (which is 0-3 months size everywhere else), and only have a couple outfits in NB size because I don't want to overspend on NB if he won't even fit into them when he's born.

That being said...how many of each of the following items would you suggest I have on hand in size 3mo (or 0-3 months in other brands):

Pajamas
Onesies
Pairs of pants

I have bought a couple of "jumpsuits" which appear to be a cross between footless pajamas and an actual outfit. Still not quite sure what I do with these lol

I am so clueless here. I just don't want my baby to run out of clothes, especially pajamas and things. Help!
August 22nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Usually for the first 3 or 4 months my babies live in the footed and non footed sleepers. I guess most would consider them pj's. they are just so much easier and more comfy IMO than regular clothes. They usually are so darn cute too. I honestly think I have like 2 pairs of pants for her. I just don't like outfits where the shirt will constantly ride up. I do stock up on onesies though for a late fall/winter baby because I put them under the sleeper outfits. It can get rather chilly here and I don't want the baby to get cold.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
Overall don't buy a ton in small sizes... your baby may grow fast. I know for Andrew, my first I had SO many clothes, even with changing him twice a day or more he didn't even wear everything he had, and some outfits just never even got a try on for a few minutes.

And being baby can differ so much on how fast they grow or how big they are at birth its a little tough.

The one piece outfits were the best to me. They were easy to put on, usually fairly inexpensive and you can find cute ones. Both the footed and the none footed. Pants and shirts I didn't like so much as for my kids. A few were cute, but I found my kids had longer upper bodies than their legs, so the outfits just always fit strange.

Sorry that doesn't help much at all cuz I didn't give a straight answer LOL

I would say get some newborn sized stuff, some 0-3, and 3 month. all are a little different in sizes depending on where they come from. Once baby is here its easier to shop too.

August 22nd, 2013, 12:38 PM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So far I haven't bought one newborn thing, but my other 2 never even fit newborn so. I have mostly 0-3 mos, and just started getting some 3-6 months. I have like 8 0-3 mos sleepers, 8 0-3 mos onsies so far, not sure how much more i should buy either! Oh and I have like 3 0-3 mos outfits (jeans, or pants and shirts!) lol its all new to me again!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 22nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine have also lived in footed sleepers for a bit.

I have 6nb long sleeve onesies, 6 short sleeve onesies, 3 pants, 8nb sleepers. 6 gowns.

In 0-3m I have 6 short sleeve onesies, 6 long sleeve onesies, 3 pants, 15 sleepers. Socks.

I started buying real "outfits" in the 3-6m size.

My son outgrew nb stuff in a few days. My daughter wore in for 3-4 weeks, even though she weighed more at birth than him.
August 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We also mostly use footed sleepers all the time. Both my boys were small and fit in newborn for about 6 weeks. And 0-3 months until 4-5 months of age. So it varies drastically between babies.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Mine were the same way Sarah. My oldest son still wore 12 month clothing at 2 years old. I just have little babies I guess, lol.

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search