Mom Life

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Rosiegirl7
  • 3 Post By Cccbb61013
  • 1 Post By sweety_pie
  • 1 Post By Lemon

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Rosiegirl7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As we are all getting closer and closer to the big day, I'm looking back to when I first joined this board and I remember being really scared to become a mom for the first time. I really enjoyed my independence, traveling, going out with friends with no consequences, etc (not saying you can't do those things as a mom but ya know).

With that said, I am even MORE excited to become a mom for the first time. I'm definitely worried, scared, anxious but just sitting back imagining how my life will change makes me very happy.

So FTMs how do you see your life changing?

And BTDT moms how do you see this new addition changing the family dynamic and what are you excited about with this LO?
August 22nd, 2013, 07:23 PM
Cccbb61013's Avatar Veteran
Everything went so smoothly with my first. It's an amazing experience. Really enjoy it. It's such an awesome experience. It was so easy to adjust because other than working, there was really no other adapting. Plus our work schedules for some reason have always been quite flexible since DS was born, then I became a SAHM so it was even better. Being able to focus all your attention & give your all to one little being is amazing. And the bond is even more insane. I am so excited to attempt to do it again. But am s nervous about this baby not getting my all as my first did. & my first losing some of my attention. It's been just him & I for 4 years! To say we are close would be the biggest understatement in the world. I'm worried about finding a baby sitter for 2 kids. Taking & keeping an eye in 2 kids at the store. Paying for 2 kids. Having the energy for 2 kids. My 4 year old being jealous, because he already is. But somebody once told me how she explained adding another child to their family to her daughter....."I have one heart. I love you with all of it. Not a piece of it. All of it. When the baby comes, I am still going to love you with all my heart. I'm not going to break off a piece for you & a piece for your brother. My heart will expand & will become larger. It'll grow & grow. There will be room in my heart for both of you".

I'm excited for my heart to grow.
Rosiegirl7, jennyrae03 and MrsPea like this.
August 22nd, 2013, 09:25 PM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
I was joking with Dh how our life is probably more complicated with our cat than a baby. Everyone wants to watch a baby...a cat? Kennel the sucker is the response.
I do however see our lives changing a lot, but Dh and I weren't partiers or big drinkers or travel people so I think those things we wont miss out on at least.
Other than that, I really have no idea. I'm just focusing on labor lately Anything past maybe the first day or two afterwards is completely blacked out in my mind just as how labor was completely non-existent to me until the past few weeks when it really hit me that "Oh crap I'm going to be pushing a watermelon out soon"
August 23rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
I'm kinda scared like being a first time mom all over again since it's been so long. But I'm SOOOOO excited to have a baby again. It's been a long road coming so I think we are all excited. It will change the things we got used to just doing spur of the moment... DD wants to see a movie when she wakes up, we have no plans... so we go. It's not going to be that easy now. Of just the daily routine of getting up and dressed, daughter dressed and to school... gotta throw feeding/clothing a baby in between there. Definitely will take some getting used to.

Looking forward to the smell, coos and snuggles with my son... staring at him sleep... I can't believe how close it's getting! Eeeeek!

August 23rd, 2013, 03:25 AM
Julie
I am looking forward to that sweet newborn stage where they always want to be snuggled, love that. It ends so quickly. I am also looking forward to seeing if this one looks aa lot like his brother or not.

August 23rd, 2013, 04:15 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll admit its my 3rd and I'm more scared this time then before! LOL This time I will have a newborn and have to get 2 kids off to school in the morning, a bit different then before! lol But at the same time we are all SUPER excited to have a new baby to snuggle and love!! Can't wait to see how he fits into our family!
mamarazzi40 likes this.

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

August 23rd, 2013, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm having a hard time really picturing everything since I'm on team green so I am looking forward to finding out if I will have a daughter or another son, foremost. After that I just can't wait to see how my DS responds to his new big brother role and how it all falls into place. I know it's not going to be easy especially when DH is at work and I have to get used to it being me with both kiddos, but it will all work out cause it has to. I'm just excited to meet this baby and have a newborn again, breathe in that newborn smell, breastfeed, etc.

I know our family dynamic is going to change a lot and sometimes it makes me a little sad that we are saying goodbye to our little family of 3, we have had so much fun and so many precious memories together. At the same time though I know a family of 4 is going to be even better and way more wonderful times are ahead.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 23rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweety_pie View Post
I'll admit its my 3rd and I'm more scared this time then before! LOL This time I will have a newborn and have to get 2 kids off to school in the morning, a bit different then before! lol But at the same time we are all SUPER excited to have a new baby to snuggle and love!! Can't wait to see how he fits into our family!

Pretty much.

I'm determined to enjoy the first few months because they go so quick and are so special. They can be a blur because of the newness and lack of sleep.
sweety_pie likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Since this is my first girl I am a little bit scared. I know that sounds strange since I am a girl, lol. Honestly though, I KNOW how to raise a little boy, but I am really not a girly girl. Yes I do have a major shoe fetish, but I am not a frilly, lacy, princess type AT ALL.. To be honest I can't stand the princesses. I guess that can and probably will change if she likes them, but it seems very foreign to me right now.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
August 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For me I think this little one is making me the most nervous about a baby. I think I'm getting a little excited in some ways, but more...... I dunno what the word is....... Not really dread.... Maybe uncertain.... Just not sure how things are gonna work out with a newborn and our busy busy schedules.

School starts Monday, that means wake upset 5:30-6:00, first kid out the door at 6:35, hopefully not needing a ride to the bus, then all the monkeys in the van by 7:15 to do school drop of at 2 different schools. After drop off I have my regular running around with Sophie and doc appointments if I have them. Once it's after school time I have pick up at one school for 3 kids, then my other 3 are at their schools longer for sports practices, then I pick up, come home everyone changes and we go to the soccer field till dark.... Dinner is squeezed in there somewhere, and school games whenever they are.

Not sure how a baby will work in the mix.

I'm hoping I'm just over thinking Italy and things will actually go really smooth. My fingers are crossed.

August 23rd, 2013, 07:49 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH & I were just talking this morning about how hard it is to process the fact that we will have a baby here in just a few weeks! We're both super excited, but it's hard to imagine how much or how little our daily lives will change.

August 23rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am anxious and worried about the transition from having an only child to having two!! Especially worried abt DD's adjustment petriod...I had such a tough time adjusting to the fact that I wasn't the center of not only my parents universe but also that of my maternal grandparents, aunts, uncles etc. My mom's siblings were not married then and until my sister was born everyone loved to shower me with attention and gifts and what not...I was 6 when my sister was born and suddenly I felt like I was invisible...my aunts and uncles started getting married and having families of their own. My sister and cousin were born within 6 months of each other and my grandparents were all into the new babies...I felt very abandoned and had a very rude awakening!! Although the change wont be so dramatic for me DD, I am definitely hoping she wont feel rejected or sad at mommy and daddy fussing so much around the new baby I am also excited to see my little Navya (Thats the name we have picked ) and how my DH will bond with her...he and my DD are so close and I cant wait for him to fall in love with his second little angel too

August 23rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think for the first 4-5 months of pregnancy, every once in a while I would have this feeling of "OMG what did I do? We should have taken more time as a married couple before having a baby!" and I would think about all the things we aren't going to be able to do...

And now that the time is getting closer, and I'm only a couple months away from meeting my son, I don't have these thoughts anymore. Now I think about all the things I CAN do because I have a child. Everything is going to be so fun and new for us, because we will be a family of three!

Honestly, DH and I just can't wait to meet this little guy, and get to know the person that we created. I do have insecurities about the first few months, and whether or not I will know how to do things, or will have the right baby stuff, etc. New mom jitters, I suppose. But for the most part, I'm just ready for him to be here
August 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
I'm more nervous about bringing home baby and how DD will react. My DD is a mommy's girl and I love it but I'm also concerned on how she will react once baby is here and I won't be all hers. DH is a great dad but she just prefers me right now. I'm hoping she adapts better than expected.

I'm excited for the new baby (because I absolutely love the newborn stage, minus the lack of sleep) but don't get me wrong. I'm going to be nervous for a while especially when my maternity leave ends and getting into a routine for going back to work. I know I shouldn't worry about that because it's months away, but my mind runs wild with "how am I going to get everybody ready and out the door?!?!?"

August 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Laurenj915's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am excited for
Breastfeeding
Snuggling with a yummy newborn
General baby cuteness
Watching Sawyer discover his new sibling
Feeling like we have our own complete family

I am concerned about
Sawyer being unhappy
Missing my one on one time with Sawyer
Lack of sleep
The adjustment period with your DH after your baby is born. I don't feel like anyone has brought this up on the board but (especially with your first) the dynamics of your relationship shift at least for the first year. DH is used used to being the center of your world and then a baby comes along and changes that. I think it will be a little easier this time around though.

August 23rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
iCathy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cccbb61013 View Post
Everything went so smoothly with my first. It's an amazing experience. Really enjoy it. It's such an awesome experience. It was so easy to adjust because other than working, there was really no other adapting. Plus our work schedules for some reason have always been quite flexible since DS was born, then I became a SAHM so it was even better. Being able to focus all your attention & give your all to one little being is amazing. And the bond is even more insane. I am so excited to attempt to do it again. But am s nervous about this baby not getting my all as my first did. & my first losing some of my attention. It's been just him & I for 4 years! To say we are close would be the biggest understatement in the world. I'm worried about finding a baby sitter for 2 kids. Taking & keeping an eye in 2 kids at the store. Paying for 2 kids. Having the energy for 2 kids. My 4 year old being jealous, because he already is. But somebody once told me how she explained adding another child to their family to her daughter....."I have one heart. I love you with all of it. Not a piece of it. All of it. When the baby comes, I am still going to love you with all my heart. I'm not going to break off a piece for you & a piece for your brother. My heart will expand & will become larger. It'll grow & grow. There will be room in my heart for both of you".

I'm excited for my heart to grow.
This made me tear up!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my sweet siggy!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenj915 View Post
The adjustment period with your DH after your baby is born. I don't feel like anyone has brought this up on the board but (especially with your first) the dynamics of your relationship shift at least for the first year. DH is used used to being the center of your world and then a baby comes along and changes that. I think it will be a little easier this time around though.
Lauren, this is a good point...I am worried about that, honestly. I'm sure we will be able to adjust after some time, but it might be difficult at first. I hope it doesn't cause too many problems/arguments (not the baby, just the change in dynamics).
August 23rd, 2013, 03:25 PM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think having #3 will totally change the dynamic of the household. Before Dh would take one and I would take the other, now I've got my oldest who started kindergarten this year, which has really turned things crazy on top of Dh and I's conflicting schedules. I am not looking forward to going back to work after maternity leave cuz it's hard now. I know it will all work out, but dang, I wish life were simpler for us!! I'd love to be a SAHM, but with bills, not sure we could swing it!

August 24th, 2013, 08:01 PM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Isn't it amazing that pregnancy lasts just about 9 months? It really is the perfect amount of time to adjust and get ready for babe

I think it'll be different... I expect some change, but not too much, I hope.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search