Furniture!!

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Seasaidh
  • 1 Post By ~Momma*2011~
  • 1 Post By Lemon
  • 1 Post By Aimee319
  • 1 Post By drewbears

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 09:13 AM
"Shay-see"
I pulled the trigger on a dresser/changer and some bookshelves from Overstock.

Specifically this:

and some darkly-stained mission style bookshelves (2 full height, 2 half). The half size is for the baby's room, the others are for my husband's books which are currently all in boxes on the floor of the guest room.

I just wanted to share because I've been stressing about the cost and putting it off for so long. I have tons of baby clothes and nowhere to put them - same with books. In fact...

This

is what it looks like (approximately) in the nursery right now. Yeah. Time to get that in order.

I have been sleeping soooo poorly and just feel like I have zero coping skills for anything right now. Rargh. Just trying not to be unpleasant to interact with is effortful at this stage!
JeCaLe and Spyctre like this.
August 23rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Oh I love the design and color. I can't wait to see what it looks like after it's all put together!
Seasaidh likes this.

August 23rd, 2013, 12:04 PM
"Shay-see"
Thanks; I keep hoping I can make it look cute even though I'm pretty solidly against doing anything to the walls (because then I'd have to un-do it when we leave - renting sucks!)
August 23rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope the nesting big hits you! Super cute changing table.
Seasaidh likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nesting will hit you and you'll get it all done, don't worry. You are off to a good start.
Seasaidh likes this.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 24th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Julie
I like the color of the furniture. At least you have all the stuff you need-I have nothing except a swing and that's leftover from my last one.

August 24th, 2013, 05:11 AM
"Shay-see"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irshtripletsmommy View Post
I like the color of the furniture. At least you have all the stuff you need-I have nothing except a swing and that's leftover from my last one.
Are you waiting for some reason or just in a tight spot?
August 24th, 2013, 06:15 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
That changing table is pretty!!!!

I still want one, but DH is convinced we don't need one. Now I am thinking maybe we can find some sort of small dresser and use the top as a changing table since we kinda do need another dresser.
Seasaidh likes this.

August 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbears View Post
That changing table is pretty!!!!

I still want one, but DH is convinced we don't need one. Now I am thinking maybe we can find some sort of small dresser and use the top as a changing table since we kinda do need another dresser.
That's what we did. Found it on kijiji. Doesn't have the raised part on top, but that change pad screws into the back of the dresser. We wanted one exactly like this originally, but chickened out due to the price tag! I love yours though Everything is so much more affordable in the US it seems!
August 24th, 2013, 09:07 PM
"Shay-see"
I was considering just clearing off my dresser and putting a changing pad on top of that. I really love furniture that is built for longevity i.e. grows with the child, and I'm simultaneously a furniture snob and tightwad, which makes things... interesting. I chose this one mostly because it was the most affordable new-furniture option that worked with the room and was built of solid wood (that I could find). I would rather it didn't have the rails on top, but I'm sure it will work fine for now and since we're planning on having more kids, it will get *plenty* of use as both a dresser and a changer - so yay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search