32 week appointment

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Druslady96
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 11:24 PM
Druslady96's Avatar Veteran
So I had my 32 week appointment today and as usual, weighed in, BP and then dr. came in and listened to baby and measured my uterus. When she was measuring I asked her if she could tell the baby's position and she said, "well we are going to see right now, I'm going to do an ultrasound since you are measuring big 2 visits in a row" Yay! I get to see him! Well, I only kinda got to see him for a few seconds. :-( She said she needed to measure the fluid to ensure I wasn't over producing, which I'm not. Fluid is normal. So guess it's just baby that is making me measure 35 weeks! She said I measured 33 2 weeks ago so he is growing appropriately, just big. Although she did mention that it could be because he hasn't dropped down in my pelvis. She will do a repeat ultrasound in 3-4 weeks so see if he is still growing towards the 90th percentile and if so we would discuss inducing early or expecting a c-section. YIKES! Well, we will cross that bridge when we get there. I was hoping to get induced right around due date time.

Do you recall when your LO was measuring at 32 weeks? On time, behind, or ahead?

She did confirm that he is head down. YAY.

We also discussed my feelings of depression the last few weeks. Long story short, I let her know how I was feeling... and she ultimately decided to put in a stat order for the therapist... BUT it was so much drama trying to get in and then they couldn't see me! WTH!?!?! She was not happy when I let her know that.... So she gave me a list of other therapists (outside of that medical group) and I will have to call my insurance and see if the one I'm interested is covered by insurance. I didn't know if would be so difficult to get mental help. I think it's mostly my job that is putting so much stress on me and combined with exhaustion from lack of sleep.... makes it kinda difficult to just be happy.
allysmomma likes this.

August 24th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
At one point with DD1, I measured 47 weeks. Just the way she was positioned. DD2 measured large as well, but only by a week or two. My new OB does not measure. So hands off. No clue this go!
August 24th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've measured at least 2 weeks ahead the whole time. They are doing an U/S at my appointment in 2 weeks. It's not something we plan to induction and especially not something I am planning a csection for though.
My other kids measured on the bigger end of normal too.
August 24th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I measured 32 weeks at my 29 week appointment. All he said was it was normal and that this baby was going to be bigger than my last was. I have an appointment on Tuesday and I will be 33 weeks so I will see if I am measuring big again. If I am I might ask him about it, having a u/s etc. I'm curious now.
& Henry Joseph- born 10/15/13
8 lbs 10 oz and 22" long

August 24th, 2013, 05:30 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know when I delivered last time I was measuring over 45 weeks and DS2 was 6lb 6 oz, without any extra fluid. I know I am measuring large this time, but not sure by how much. Baby is currently guessed to be 4lb 6 oz, so right on track.

August 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
allysmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish I could ask for a u/s, I've been measuring bigger for quite some time, which to my knowledge, I've never done before. They are not concerned, but I'm just curious. I know my insurance pays 90% now, so I'd love to have another U/S!!

August 24th, 2013, 08:48 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I measured a few weeks behind with Noah and Zoey. This time I'm measuring right on track...but I know ALOT of women measure ahead. It doesn't necessarily mean anything - could be babys position, or even a baby that is slightly larger than average.

August 24th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My uterus has been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead for quite some time now, but after a recent ultrasound, I can say that it's not because the baby is big or because I have too much fluid - I'm guessing that it's been stretched out a couple of times before, so it's just big.

As far as the depression goes, I can relate to that as well. I've had a lot of personal problems pop up during this pregnancy, and I have been feeling very depressed even after seeing a therapist. For me, it's definitely bad enough that I'm going to need medication for a while, so I've got that all lined up for after the baby is born. I've dealt with PPD before, and it was horrible, so I'm going to do all that I can to avoid dealing with that again.

I'm glad to hear that you discussed your feelings of depression with your doctor - many women are ashamed and never mention it; they instead suffer in silence. I hope that you find something that works for you.
Druslady96 likes this.
August 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
I have usually always measured right now with my kids. So I am no help there.

I just wanted to offer some (((HUGS))) on the getting mental help part. It really sucks that they often make it very hard for people to get the help them need, and then what... they suffer... We went through some stuff and we were fearing for the life of someone near and dear and had to fight with the insurance. It is total crap!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search