Alcohol Breast Milk Test Strips??

Forum: October 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To October 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 11:27 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by east to west coast View Post
Agree with all of the above! Especially, the fact that I also cannot wait to have a good beer!!!!
Lol, me too! We have some really yummy ones in the fridge that I had a sip of (Kona Wailea passion fruit or something like that) and they are calling my name! I might put a post it on one to instruct DH not to drink it and save it for me for Halloween.

Besides, I'm half Irish, and my grandparents' teething remedy (though really, insert any ailment in that spot) was whiskey on your gums. It seems to me like every two year old I know has gone and sipped some beer out of the can while Dad wasn't looking (or they were looking and found it hilarious). I turned out ok
August 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm thrilled to get to drink again soon!! And I won't be pumping and dumping. Just enjoying a few beers in the evening or during football, etc.
August 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't read the responses everyone had here and I don't want to give anyone wrong information but I do know that alcohol actually passes into and out of breast milk pretty quickly... so basically if you are drunk you don't want your baby drinking your breast milk, but if you are completely sober, regardless of how long it has been since you last drank, then you are ok to breastfeed your infant. I guess with that method you'd have to be pretty conscious of your own ability to handle alcohol though. Just because you 'feel' ok you could still have some in your system.. that baby wouldn't handle as well as maybe you could.
For me though, I don't drink hardly ever so just a tiny bit effects me and I can tell when it is worn off really well too.

August 27th, 2013, 07:21 AM
drewbears's Avatar Mom to 8 AWESOME kids!
Send a message via AIM to drewbears Send a message via MSN to drewbears Send a message via Yahoo to drewbears
For me it seems to take a lot. I don't tend to even feel buzzed much.

Although the night I got preggo, I had 2 long island iced teas.... at a sushi place and they are MUCH stronger than say applebees cuz I was half way done with the first and I said bring me another... by the time the 2nd came I was just finishing the 1st and it hit me. I felt like I wasn't gonna be able to walk out of there straight.

But that is the only time it has seemed to hit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search